Cambridge Who's Who

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Apparently I am being considered for inclusion into the 2008/2009 Cambridge Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals. So I go check out their website to see what this stupid thing is thinking somebody at my job want me to take part in this (Web Site). It seems like they purport themselves to be some directory of the best and brightest. Then I start looking at the people on the directory and suddenly I don't feel so special.
Should I submit my profile I would become a member of the elite ranks with George Bailey who runs a laminating studio in his home (laminating?) and Sallie Bailey Avon representative mentor and Rebecca Lang seller of inspirational gifts and greeting cards. Not to put any of these jobs down, at least they're all working and making a living. Seems kind of lame to bill your head hunter list as a Who's Who though. And so I righteously banish thee to the trash foul junk mail!

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
My old neighbor had three certificates framed and hanging in his family room. They were from three different "who's who" outfits, recognizing him as being "selected" for the <fill in name> Who's Who Directory. Never had the heart to tell him they were completely meaningless.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Wow, they have a professional edition of those awards? Let's see, I've received one for high school, undergrad, and grad school. I threw them all away. They seemed like a scam, and it looks like I was correct.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
you don't have to pay someone to tell you that you are special, we do it everytime you visit ATOT

ATOT :heart:'s AMCRambler

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
you don't have to pay someone to tell you that you are special, we do it everytime you visit ATOT

ATOT :heart:'s AMCRambler

Ahh now I got that warm and fuzzy feeling back!