Camaro Concept Video

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: McGyver
and it will be priced competetively with the mustang. double WOW!
I'm wondering if they're gonna actually use the 6.0L V8 tho. At Mustang prices I'd like to see something like the 5.3L or similar V8 (with multiple displacement of course) that uses REGULAR gas, like the Mustang. Then have an SS or Z28 model with the 6.0L V8. That'd be awesome

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
the only thing i'm hoping for is, will it come out NEXT YEAR??? before i go buy a stang.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
I'm wondering if they're gonna actually use the 6.0L V8 tho. At Mustang prices I'd like to see something like the 5.3L or similar V8 (with multiple displacement of course) that uses REGULAR gas, like the Mustang. Then have an SS or Z28 model with the 6.0L V8. That'd be awesome

The 5.3L DOD engine calls for premium gas also, although I've run regular and plus through mine with no apparent ill effects. But I normally use premium as thats whats called for

McGyver

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2002
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy

The 5.3L DOD engine calls for premium gas also, although I've run regular and plus through mine with no apparent ill effects. But I normally use premium as thats whats called for

on the ford website, they do recommend regular gas.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004

He's referring to the GM engine, not the Ford 4.6L.

@GuitarDaddy: That's what I'm saying though, they could design a ~5.0L V8 that doesn't need premium and has DoD. That would make it very competitive with the Mustang, economically speaking. Put that with a 5-speed in a mid/low-$20K model and I'm hooked :thumbsup:

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004

For the stang? I was refering the the chevy 5.3L(Impala SS/Blazer SS/Tahoe), which calls for premium in the owners manual, unless of course they design a new motor for the Camaro

*edit* fbrdphreak beat me too the punch

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i'm calling shens on that guy's name being Csaba Csere

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
While very cool, odds are GM will either not build it or find a way to completely ruin it.