Calling all Sprint cell phone / plan gurus

HomeAppraiser

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2005
The facts:

Kinda stuck with Sprint since they have the best local coverage

We have been Sprint customers for six years

Not currently in a contract but on an old Alamosa (sp) plan 1000 shared minutes plus 500 texts, nights and weekends starting at 6pm and free Sprint to Sprint for $70 per month + taxes. Plus we get the first 50 minutes free on our home Sprint long distance.

The local Sprint office is offering our $150 customer loyalty instant rebate on new phones with a two year contract but wants to charge us $36 & $26 to activate both of them which I think is total BS.

1) Recommend her a ?pretty pink? phone

2) What is the best way to negotiate a good discount on phones and plans? Instore, online or over the phone?

Thanks

Edit: Looking at an LG Fusic for $29 online thru 11/26.

ArJuN

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2005
No idea about a pink phone...I can think of red and blue...maybe the Katana came in pink? Even though it was a piece of ******...I do remember teh Sanyon 8100 came in Lavender though...

As for negotiating, I've been with them for 8 years, and talking about customer loyalty always gets me a good deal, or about how some representitive pissed you off. They have some customer loyalty points that got me about 800 bucks worth of free stuff in one phone call. try it out.

HomeAppraiser

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2005
Thanks. I'd like to get her something that plays MP3's too. Anyone use Sprint walkie talkie feature?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
That activation is pure profit for the local center. If they waant your business; tell them drop those activations charges.

Or just go to another center.

You can also order the phones and plans online - look in HD for the Sprint Thread

Different stores will carry different models of phones.

RadioShack also carries/supports Sprint as well as some of the B&M stores

Tifababy

Feb 5, 2001
My wife and I both got new sprint phones a few months ago (mine broke and she lost hers), and when we got our next bill we saw 2 $36 activation charges. My wife called up and bitched out the CSR telling her that we would not have bought new phones or bought cheaper phones if we had known about the $36 fees, they said sorry and took them off. It was surprisingly easy, we didn't have to put up much of a fight. So I'm guessing if you call and complain they'll take off the activation fees.

HomeAppraiser

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2005
Thanks. I think we can keep our old plan, which is good since the Sprint plan drops us down to 700 shared minutes for the same price.

Edit: Yeah I hate that the SERO plan is for new customers, single lines only.

Those $0.99 Sprint phones off ebay won't work in my zip code.