Call to Arms (RTS)

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
The developers of FOW/MOW games have posted another update to their latest project, Call to Arms: http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/news/developers-update-2

RTS fans not familiar with the series looking for something different should give their older titles a shot, IMO they still hold up well. While the FOW/MOW series are heavy on micro management, in terms of game mechanics their games fall somewhere between the relatively low unit cap of COH and huge armies of SC.

I didn't find either on steam but entire series is inexpensive, Faces of War goes for ~$5 and Men of War can be found for ~$15. I didn't like the direction they took with assault squad and Vietnam expansions but those may sit well with others. FOW and it's mods kept me occupied longer than 3-4 other RTS games combined. If you have a gap in your gaming schedule, I highly recommend dropping $5 on FOW. Not quite the polish of COH, voice acting is terribad at times but the gameplay makes up for it and the visuals haven't aged to bad.

As for Call to Arms, game appears to be somewhere between alpha and beta stage and looks like kickstarter will kick off soon.

Few screens from the site for the lazy ones:

cta_05.jpg

cta_04.jpg