Call of Duty : Infinite Warfare

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Where is this thread?

Anyway, enjoying the campaign right now and satisfaction factor so far is aproaching witcher-3. This is a blend of COD, Halo and Mass Effect .. I love the leap they've taken here. This could be a prequel to the ME1-3 universe.
I was meh, another cod, another console port. The graphics is stunning. Really a level up. Only downside so far is that my oldish gtx780 is lagging a bit on "high" 1080p

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I care nothing about the new space campaign, but I'd love to get MW: Remastered.
It's literally the only reason why I got it. I've been playing it and I'm enjoying it so much more than Infinity War. Black Ops 3 and this Infinity War to me are just too fast for me. I can't get into them. All the jumping, it's just too much for my liking. I'm loving playing 4 Remastered. It's not super fast, nothing futuristic, it feels like I'm playing the original game but with better graphics. I'm gonna jump into the singleplayer campaign to see if it's as good as I remember, I've just been playing multiplayer.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Read something about how if you buy it on the Microsoft store you can't play with people who bought it on the Steam store? Whaaaaat?

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I know the game has space now, but is there anything else beyond the typical CoD format? Vehicles, 64 players on PC, anything?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I know the game has space now, but is there anything else beyond the typical CoD format? Vehicles, 64 players on PC, anything?
it sounds like you want CoD to be Battlefield?

and wow...a CoD thread that;s not full of people bashing it? Did people finally get tired of beating the dead horse?

i would be interested in CoD4 remastered but not Infinite Warfare. Tried playing advanced warfare not long ago and it's just too much going on. I prefer the modern/old tech vs all the sci-fi stuff.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

and wow...a CoD thread that;s not full of people bashing it? Did people finally get tired of beating the dead horse?

i would be interested in CoD4 remastered but not Infinite Warfare. Tried playing advanced warfare not long ago and it's just too much going on. I prefer the modern/old tech vs all the sci-fi stuff.

Yea I don't like Infinite Warfare, it's too fast for me like you said, too much going on. CoD 4 Remastered is great, the gameplay still holds up greatly.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010

Sure, I'd like that. But I'm only asking because the vibe I get is that it might have more; if it doesn't then I may pick it up for 50% off in 2-3 years to go through the story campaign.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I rented this yesterday from Redbox and finished the campaign this morning. Liked it better than the last call of duty but now they are all about space and sci Fi weapons. Way too much crap going on to tell where you are suppose to be shooting. 90% of the time I had no idea what was going on.

I do want to play modern warfare remastered I had no idea that was out. I really enjoyed that campaign. I also liked medal of Honor on the ps3, that had a good campaign too.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
its had scathing reviews all over the place. And since I never had any interest to begin with, I think I can wait a year or two.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
so whats the deal with Modern Warfare remastered? I've heard that there's no players, players who bought it on different stores can't play together, etc?

I need something else besides BF1 which just pisses me off every time I play it.

hondaf17

Sep 25, 2005
so whats the deal with Modern Warfare remastered? I've heard that there's no players, players who bought it on different stores can't play together, etc?

I need something else besides BF1 which just pisses me off every time I play it.

We would welcome you to Titanfall 2!

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012

We would welcome you to Titanfall 2!
I was thinking about getting Titanfall 2 as well since cdkeys had it for $31. If you do get it let me know. I'll still play bf1 but alternating between the two might be good for me. Titanfall pace is a lot different.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i played titanfall 1 and liked it for a bit. I'm really not into the sci-fi fps type stuff though. i prefer like modern day weapons or older.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I'd rather play MW: Remastered but not interested in IW, but don't want to pay $60 for MW: Remastered
I see that Titanfall 2 is only $30 right now...it seems to get really good reviews too. tempted to get it even though it's sci-fi.

edit: bought titanfall 2....

Last edited:

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Old thread, but I picked up CoD:IW for $35 from Target a couple days ago. Really enjoying it. I like how it's kind of "Mass Effect Lite". A little bit more than a standard linear shooter, but really good shooting too. Worth the money, imo.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I played the first 10 hours of ME:A and I don't think I agree with that statement. ME:A has it's issues but it's not that bad.

I have played through MEA and I stand by that statement :).. MEA may be longer and more open world-ish but it isnt touching the narrative and depth of IW imo.