Call of Duty 5 back to World War II

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Ha! Is there a square inch of that war that hasn't been reenacted digitally yet? I say they go back to the Revolutionary War. 1 shot every 20 seconds ought to make you improve your aim.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Ha! Is there a square inch of that war that hasn't been reenacted digitally yet? I say they go back to the Revolutionary War. 1 shot every 20 seconds ought to make you improve your aim.

You still couldn't hit what you wanted to!

Kur

Feb 19, 2005
I want to know why they are going back and forth, the team that did COD1, COD2, and COD4 did a great job and were very successful, this other team sucks. I got COD 3 and it just sucked, I returned it back to best buy the same day because it just wasn't any fun!

I still have COD and play it every so often.

VERTIGGO

Apr 29, 2005
yeah seriously, why not start as a minuteman, and work your way through the war as a sharpshooter, all the way to yorktown! oh, then it would be 1 shot per minute.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
This is Activision we're talking about here.

They are going to milk that franchise until it's sucked dry. They've promised yearly installments of GH, Tony Hawk and CoD. That's why they need two devs for the CoD series.

The developers have probably been working on the game for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the return to WWII was so they could use the existing assets they have from CoD3.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Kur
I want to know why they are going back and forth, the team that did COD1, COD2, and COD4 did a great job and were very successful, this other team sucks. I got COD 3 and it just sucked, I returned it back to best buy the same day because it just wasn't any fun!

I still have COD and play it every so often.

How did you return a game?

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
WWI shooter would be cool.

Revolutionary war would be too.
Although melee combat in fps usually isnt done too well.

trivia: a good musket man in the war could load and fire a musket three times a minute !
I would be dead. No way is my hand eye coordination that good !

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: Noema
This is Activision we're talking about here.

They are going to milk that franchise until it's sucked dry. They've promised yearly installments of GH, Tony Hawk and CoD. That's why they need to devs for the CoD series.

The developers have probably been working on the game for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the return to WWII was so they could use the existing assets they have from CoD3.

So basically, every odd-numbered CoD will suck and every even-number will be immaculate.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005

You know they keep doing the same battles over and over, and ignore 95% of the war.

How many games have had China in them? That's were the majority of the Japanese army was at. How often do you see the Soviets vs. Finland in games? Where's the games featuring the Free French, or the Free Polish troops? How about the Burma campaign with the Chindits or Merrill's Marauders? What about the Norwegian Campaign? How often does ABDA get mentioned, specifically the Dutch and Australian forces. Etc. etc. ...

Edit: Have to add Yugoslavia and the partisans. All kinds of drama going on there during WW2.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

The game would be completely random. If you got put at the back of the line you would make it possibly. If you were put at the front of the line well.... you're a sad son of a bitch at that point..

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005

... Operation Flashpoint had a Civil War mod. Something about retarded friendly AI and you haveing to pick off 100 guys at a 3 shot per minute rate that is annoying. Unless they added some spicy hand to hand in there.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: Regs
?if you?re a fan of World War 2 shooters, then even better!?.

That could be interpreted in more ways than one.

http://www.gamer.tm/news.php?id=1848

For those who do not like nested linkers.

WTF is "nested linkers" supposed to mean?

I *believe* its those who write the entire story / news article into their post rather than a link. I could be wrong though.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
Hehe, maybe Cowboys vs. Indians.

Dallas has already beat the Redskins once this season, and they will do it again ;)

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I would love to play a Great War shooter, however I think it would be better to create alternative events (but still nothing "too much" out of the reality of that period). Something along the lines of the espionage missions of the first Call of Duty, where perhaps you would play an agent/spy, or double-agent to infiltrate various military and scientific installations, either against the Allies for the Germans (for example), or as usual against the Germans, for the Allies (I'm saying Germans but of course it could imply any other countries allied to them).

Maybe infiltrating a U-Boat installation and trying to get as much information as possible about that technology, or maybe even sabotage one or more of them during their fabrication process. There would be quite a good number of possibilities. Because, personally, I am a little sick of the WWII games, I would like to see something else. A war is always just a war but jeez ... I mean, WWII again ? I think if they do that I will just completely ignore it (just like I ignored CoD 3).

TecHNooB

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Zenoth
I would love to play a Great War shooter, however I think it would be better to create alternative events (but still nothing "too much" out of the reality of that period). Something along the lines of the espionage missions of the first Call of Duty, where perhaps you would play an agent/spy, or double-agent to infiltrate various military and scientific installations, either against the Allies for the Germans (for example), or as usual against the Germans, for the Allies (I'm saying Germans but of course it could imply any other countries allied to them).

Maybe infiltrating a U-Boat installation and trying to get as much information as possible about that technology, or maybe even sabotage one or more of them during their fabrication process. There would be quite a good number of possibilities. Because, personally, I am a little sick of the WWII games, I would like to see something else. A war is always just a war but jeez ... I mean, WWII again ? I think if they do that I will just completely ignore it (just like I ignored CoD 3).

Wolfenstein

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Meh, WW2 games are fun but... like come on! Make some progress, do something other than the beaten path of the European fight! Even a good, in-depth Pacific side would be good!

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Originally posted by: potato28
Meh, WW2 games are fun but... like come on! Make some progress, do something other than the beaten path of the European fight! Even a good, in-depth Pacific side would be good!

I second that. I'd love to see some beautifully rendered tropical islands being ravaged by warfare, along with fighting in the underground Japanese tunnels. Maybe a beach landing or two as well. I'd like to see Call of Duty in Korea or Vietnam, though.