CALL FOR A BAN

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Astaroth33

Wipe Islam from the face of the earth.

I dont know what to say about this, but you have not done anything about this post being there. If you let this Member get away with this post, please let me know, and I'll be sure to follow in his footsteps and speak 'highly' of other religions as well!

I call for his ban!

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
The same user Astaroth33 further goes on to say:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: maziwanka

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
Wipe Islam from the face of the earth.

ill assume you weren't serious

Of course I'm serious. If I could be "God", one of the first things I would do would be to wipe the very idea of Islam from the human zeitgeist. I hate it. I think it is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition.

(Not that I'm a big fan of other religions, but the religion that invented the idea of the suicide bomber "martyr" who targets innocent people wins a special place in my heart.)

And if that offends you, well, you can go pound sand.

Whats keeping you from banning this member???

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Oh noes! People have opinions that differ from mine! They must be purged from the system. Nonconformance will not be tolerated! :roll:

I don't see why some of you guys don't just develop a bit of a thicker skin. Do insanely stupid things get posted here? Yes. Should we ban every single poster who says something 'outrageous'? I don't think so.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: pulse8
You want to ban him for having an opinion?

i dont think insulting a faith of 1.2 billion by calling it "backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition" is an "opinion".

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Sultan

i dont think insulting a faith of 1.2 billion by calling it "backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition" is an "opinion".

-------------------------------
o·pin·ion
n.

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

Dictionary.com Link

In all honesty, I'd rather see intolerantly-hypocritical posters like yourself banned before those with seemingly insensitive views. :frown:

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

o·pin·ion
n.

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

Dictionary.com Link

In all honesty, I'd rather see intolerantly-hypocritical posters like yourself banned before those with seemingly insensitive views. :frown:

let me get this right: if i manage a personal insult to you, or your family, that would be just an opinion, right? but that would get me banned.

and now you manage to call me an intolerant hypocrit?

get out of your crib baby.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

let me get this right: if i manage a personal insult to you, or your family, that would be just an opinion, right? but that would get me banned.

?? :confused: You lost me. I'm personally against all bans, unless they are just commercial advertisements that just don't belong here. If you can't handle opinions that differ from yours, then that's your problem, not the system's. I've been personally insulted quite a few times here, and so have many of the things I believe in. Why would I let that bother me?

And why are you calling anyone else a baby when this whole thread is about you whining? You are showing a level of immaturity that will not warrant any further response from me, as it appears any attempts at intelligent discussion would be useless.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Umm... the same thing has been said toward Christians numerous times. Did you defend the Christians when that happened? His comments are no different than any other religious bashing or commenting that goes on.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

?? :confused: You lost me. I'm personally against all bans, unless they are just commercial advertisements that just don't belong here. If you can't handle opinions that differ from yours, then that's your problem, not the system's. I've been personally insulted quite a few times here, and so have many of the things I believe in. Why would I let that bother me?

And why are you calling anyone else a baby when this whole thread is about you whining? You are showing a level of immaturity that will not warrant any further discussion from me, as it appears it would be useless.

so if i say to someone his/her mama is a ho, the other person should be able to handle my opinion? :roll:

for making this simpler to an underdeveloped intellect, let me explain. this thread is about people respecting other people. most of the people on this forum here are educated and literate. its time they should act like one.

and you're being hypocritical by complaining about MY opinion about another member, the same way I'm posting about another member's "opinion". idiot.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Mill
Umm... the same thing has been said toward Christians numerous times. Did you defend the Christians when that happened? His comments are no different than any other religious bashing or commenting that goes on.

well, since you are tolerating it, and not calling for a ban, you're not standing up for your beliefs. i did. you should too. it'll help make the forums better.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

well, since you are tolerating it, and not calling for a ban, you're not standing up for your beliefs. i did. you should too. it'll help make the forums better.

I wasn't going to post but I decided that I should stand up for my beliefs.

My belief is that as long as it wasn't a personal attack or threat explicitly directed at another forum member, he should be free to make such comments and everyone else is free to agree or disagree. Debating sure is boring if no one says anything controversial.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Jzero

I wasn't going to post but I decided that I should stand up for my beliefs.

My belief is that as long as it wasn't a personal attack or threat explicitly directed at another forum member, he should be free to make such comments and everyone else is free to agree or disagree. Debating sure is boring if no one says anything controversial.

is religion not a personal belief? and therefore is not attacking your religion attacking you personally?

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
is religion not a personal belief? and therefore is not attacking your religion attacking you personally?

No. There is a big difference between saying Christianity is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition and saying Jzero is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and does nothing to improve the human condition.

How come you aren't calling for bans over all this Catholocism bashing?

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Jzero

No. There is a big difference between saying Christianity is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and that it does nothing to improve the human condition and saying Jzero is backward, unenlightened, intolerant, and does nothing to improve the human condition.

:roll:

thats like saying its not a personal attack if someone goes abc's mama is a ho.

you are entitled to your opinion, but degrading a faith is just not right! I most definitely view it as a personal attack! and it reeks of bigotry. and that should NOT have a place in this forum.

if the mod doesnt do anything about it, my next topics would just discuss religion, and i'll take a swipe at every other religion there is.

Coz Christianity is not personal to me. Therefore I dont call for a ban on that thread. Calling for a ban on that should be the duty of the fellow Christian members on this group, if they so care. More power to them. In fact, I urge them to do so.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
you are entitled to your opinion, but degrading a faith is just not right! I most definitely view it as a personal attack! and it reeks of bigotry. and that should NOT have a place in this forum.
So where do we draw the line? Today you're demanding a user be banned because of comments on Islam, tomorrow it's because a user made comments about people with big feet.
if the mod doesnt do anything about it, my next topics would just discuss religion, and i'll take a swipe at every other religion there is.
We have a word for that around here: trolling.

Coz Christianity is not personal to me. Therefore I dont call for a ban on that thread. Calling for a ban on that should be the duty of the fellow Christian members on this group, if they so care. More power to them. In fact, I urge them to do so.
The fact that you only care if it is your personal bull being gored speaks volumes about your true intentions. I might almost agree with you if you were calling for respect and tolerance, but really you are just calling for special treatment.