California shop owner shot dead over LGBTQ+ Pride flag displayed at store.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
I wonder if he felt like it was worth it, in the end.
I guess the suspect was shot dead after engaging the police when they came for him. The suspect had a Twitter and Gab Account where he decried abortion and same-sex marriage as "a war on family values." So I'm sure he was a really great family man who loved his children and wife and was 100% dedicated to them, until he decided to shoot someone and try to kill police officers, that is. /sarcasm

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

The Lake Arrowhead shooter has been identified by the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department as 27-year-old Travis Ikeguchi. He was extremely active in the online right-wing ecosystem of hate in the United States, regularly posting about his far-right extremist beliefs on Gab and Twitter/X. He supported Donald Trump in 2016 but became far more devoted to a Christian nationalist worldview driven by antisemitic conspiracy theory culture.

In a personal GoFundMe campaign from 2019, Ikeguchi talked about his estranged father being a police officer. Public records indicate that Ikeguchi's father was at one time a Florida Highway Patrol officer. Ikeguchi started attacking police departments online for making Pride posts on Twitter/X. In 2022, he shared a video on Gab about wanting to shoot police officers— which is what he died doing.

Ikeguchi fatally shot Laura Ann Carleton, a loving wife and mother of nine, for having a Pride flag in support of LGBTQ+ rights at her clothing store Mag.Pi in Cedar Glen, California (two hours east of Los Angeles). He spouted anti-LGBTQ+ slurs and hate speech during the incident— as he regularly did on social media. After fleeing the scene of the murder, he was confronted and killed by police in a shootout.

This killing comes in the midst of a Republican-led wave of anti-LGBTQ+ radicalism gripping Southern California. For those following these recent political attacks against LGBTQ+ existence: the rhetoric on Travis Ikeguchi's online profiles was extremely familiar.

It's clear that Ikeguchi's worldview was influenced by the far-right media landscape that has been relentlessly targeting LGBTQ+ existence. He shared Leave Our Kids Alone movement (self described "concerned parents") propaganda targeting schools for supporting LGBTQ+ rights. He ranted against vaccines and abortion rights. He joined in with anti-LGBTQ+ attacks against drag performances. He shared screenshots of being blocked by local schools he harassed for supporting LGBTQ+ people. He falsely labeled all LGBTQ+ people as groomers and child sex abusers. He demanded an end to same-sex marriage. He condemned Jewish people and Black people. He has defended Russia, Putin, and the Wagner Group. All of his posts came from the perspective of far-right Christian nationalism. He regularly envoked God, Jesus Christ, and Satan.

It's not a coincidence that this shooter favorably interacted with and often promoted content from James O'Keefe, Jordan Peterson, Matt Walsh of The Daily Wire, Andy Ngô of The Post Millenial, Rogan O'Handley of Turning Poing USA, Alex Rosen, Ethan Schmidt, OANN, Fox News, The Babylon Bee, The Gateway Pundit, and other similar right-wing provocateur pages. On Gab, his posts were even more extreme and often contained incel ideologies and Nazi imagery— though he regularly criticized neo-Nazis on Gab for not being antisemitic enough or loyal enough to Jesus Christ.

This was not a lone act by a random gunman. This was part of a Republican-led stochastic terrorism campaign. It's doubtful that this will be the last death at the hands of the Republican Party's radicalized foot soldiers— be they organized fascist militant groups or random individual terrorists.

Not really surprised by any of this.. Trumpanzee shoulda been in a zoo devoid of gun and rights rerserved for humans and not be allowed to commit crimes against humans.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
This was not a lone act by a random gunman. This was part of a Republican-led stochastic terrorism campaign. It's doubtful that this will be the last death at the hands of the Republican Party's radicalized foot soldiers— be they organized fascist militant groups or random individual terrorists.
I wonder how many of us get to die before anything is done about the stochastic terrorism.

What am I saying, we won't even do anything about little kids being shot in schools...

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I wonder how many of us get to die before anything is done about the stochastic terrorism.

What am I saying, we won't even do anything about little kids being shot in schools...

Gonna be vague here for obvious reasons but until some nut shoots up people in power's kids.. nothing is happening and probably not even then since it happened to Gabby Gifford, Steve Scalise themselves.

We're all unwilling sacrifices waiting to be sacrificed to the 2nd Amendment.

Reminds me a bit of what I read in history books about children who were sacrificed to the Inca gods and the Inca temples would bleed like a red river.

Edit: https://www.salon.com/2023/08/22/ne...ight-the-base-are-deplorable-bitter-clingers/

Amusing article..

Last edited:

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
We know what party that murderer voted for. The party of aspiring Nazis.
read about some nonce who shot and killed his neighbour this morning because he thought the neighbour was a democrat. this isn't taking away from the heinious crime here of murdering an innocent woman in cold blood, but the lack of rational and mental health for those on the right.

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Just a sad overall situation.

Two more deaths at the hands of right wingers. Trump in particular. Some jackasses in the right will claim innocence, but it is their very insular world outlook and intolerance of anything they perceive as different that has bred this hatred. A hatred that ultimately led to this delusional fool to shoot someone over a colored piece of cloth.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Just a sad overall situation.

Two more deaths at the hands of right wingers. Trump in particular. Some jackasses in the right will claim innocence, but it is their very insular world outlook and intolerance of anything they perceive as different that has bred this hatred. A hatred that ultimately led to this delusional fool to shoot someone over a colored piece of cloth.
republicans will claim democrats want to kill them all. projection of course, but also stupidity. I'd say if such a motive were even true there would be much ethical and efficient ways of doing such an act to them.if you had mandatory psyche evals on every adult in this country I'd say you'd find a lot of wrong with the right.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
republicans will claim democrats want to kill them all. projection of course, but also stupidity. I'd say if such a motive were even true there would be much ethical and efficient ways of doing such an act to them.if you had mandatory psyche evals on every adult in this country I'd say you'd find a lot of wrong with the right.
and Moonbeam will claim we are becoming just like the Republicans, when all we are doing is warning of the evil they have become.

Fucking wanker!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
bit rude to call him that. moonbeam is an over enthusiastic peoples pleaser. wants to be a cohort of any party. a pushover if you will.

A fucking people pleasing wanker! I appreciate the correction? I mean he is only trying to shame us into not being prepared for Nazis!

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
A fucking people pleasing wanker! I appreciate the correction? I mean he is only trying to shame us into not being prepared for Nazis!
I never said he was a good person for doing it. a pushover is a doormat in case you didn't know.