California Republican sends E-mail depicting Obama as an ape

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Using your logic perhaps we can conclude that Progressives are also racist from the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc
"Progressive" Ralliers Call for Lynching of Clarence Thomas

"Hang him", "lynch him", "put him back in the fields". So tell me, is it fair to label Progressives as racist?

You talk of thinly-veiled bullshit and then blindly wallow in it...oblivious to the stench of your own bigotry rooted in highly partisan bias. How nice.

well now waitaminute...I would call those people in that video STUPID and racist for saying things like "lynching' a black man. But I wouldn't call all progressives racist.

Just like I would call the subject of this thread racist for sending out racist emails, AND I would call all people DEFENDING her as possibly racist too or at the very least condoning racist Tea Party Leaders. Which imho means that the TEA Party has problems with being racist.

Are you with me?

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Using your logic perhaps we can conclude that Progressives are also racist from the following:

"Hang him", "lynch him", "put him back in the fields". So tell me, is it fair to label Progressives as racist?

You talk of thinly-veiled bullshit and then blindly wallow in it...oblivious to the stench of your own bigotry rooted in highly partisan bias. How nice.

I'm highly suspicious of a few people in a crowd of hundreds saying these things. Odd that they made almost identical racist statements. Remember Scott Walker's staff admitted they had as an option putting plants in union rally crowd to stir up trouble.

We have no idea who these people are but we know the Republican officials who send emails like this. You find one Democratic elected official saying things like this about any white office holder and I'll agree with you.

This was in an email from a Republican mayor in California shortly after Obama took office. Remember this is just one of the many example that can be found.

picture810.png

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I'm highly suspicious of a few people in a crowd of hundreds saying these things. Odd that they made almost identical racist statements. Remember Scott Walker's staff admitted they had as an option putting plants in union rally crowd to stir up trouble.

We have no idea who these people are but we know the Republican officials who send emails like this. You find one Democratic elected official saying things like this about any white office holder and I'll agree with you.

This was in an email from a Republican mayor in California shortly after Obama took office. Remember this is just one of the many example that can be found.

picture810.png

Our own President has been blatently racist.. Thats the TOP Democrat official. I guess its OK when its against white cops though. I'm also wondering why you don't give the Tea Partiers the same benefit of the doubt as you give the progressives? The Tea Partiers have PROVEN there are liberal plants at their rallies. You are just SUGGESTING there could be the same at progressive rallies.

Nov 30, 2006

http://glpiggy.net/2011/02/17/racist-black-politician-in-dallas-john-wiley-price-pt-1/
Racist Black Politician in Dallas, John Wiley Price

http://canibuscentral.ihiphop.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2724.html?wwparam=1303223704
Black Politician Calls Colleague A Cracker

Here's some other examples of racism in the Democratic Party:

http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...Democratic/XSGy7fDuD0upUDVryNVduQ.cspx?rss=68
"Those derogatory comments made by Ramos, you may remember, were published in the San Antonio Current and were made against gays, lesbians and African Americans. Committee members heard Ramos’ statements through audio and video recordings."

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." Tell me...was Lyndon Johnson a "plant"?

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
See? Bush was called one too, so calm down everyone. Even though Bush was called one for favoring one in looks and intelligence and Obama was called one for being black and Kenyan, that makes this totally OK.
LOL Even when both parties do EXACTLY the same thing, truly brainless partisans always find a reason why it's totally justified for their side and totally unjustified/racist/stupid for the opposition.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
LOL Even when both parties do EXACTLY the same thing, truly brainless partisans always find a reason why it's totally justified for their side and totally unjustified/racist/stupid for the opposition.

The other difference is the Republican people who do stupid shit like this usually end up being forced to resign. Democrats do stuff like that and the entire party and base rallies to their defense.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Totally agree - there's a lot of denial about this from a lot of people.
I don't know what it is ... I think it is the environment one grows up in that makes you like that.

Difference in race should not even register in ones brain but somehow we get programmed for the opposite.

well, I think it naturally registers in the brain. That is to be expected. across the entire animal kingdom, there tends to be a preference for on'es kind. And oftentimes, a defense against the other kind.

Yes, we are all human, and we are all the same kind. that is a fact. There are a few genetic markers that certainly can be used to distinguish races, but in the end, there is nothing that makes any race more or less human, more or less capable than another race.

I believe that racism is completely natural--it is how one applies such feelings and beliefs, how certain fears are exploited for nefarious purposes, that lends one to become "a racist."

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

exfuckingactly. why is comparing a white man to a chimp not racist, but a black man is? chimps are lower forms of life, are you saying it's ok to call a white man a lower form of life, but blacks are exempt? sounds like you're a fucking racist. don't give me this shit of white man holding the black man down, i had nothing to do with that.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I read the story, but hadn't seen the picture till here in this thread. This is definately gray area type stuff. Regardless of whether it is outright racism or not, this is not something that should passed around or circulated through email by a political official. I think what is truly amazing is how ignorant many republicans and teabaggers really are on this subject. They forget there is a lot of white people who like Obama and some others who will be turned off by this stuff and support him solely as way to distance themselves from behavior like this.
I agree completely with this. Anything I get that might in any way be considered racist I just delete; it's not worth taking the chance that someone will be offended, and some people are quite easily offended. For someone in politics to send out something like this, even considering that the exact same comparisons were made of his white Republican predecessor, indicates a lack of basic sense and political acumen. Same thing with the watermelon lawn thing; even though I grew up in the south growing and eating watermelons and do not particularly associate watermelons with blacks, I'm smart enough to know that if one person finds this funny, another will find it offensive. Anything that requires a racial component to be funny should just be deleted, in business and certainly in politics.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

That is certainly a pile of racist invective. no doubt about it. I do try to base such assumptions, though, on thought density, and what i have to go on.

The fact is, that teabaggers form their core population out of older, hardcore conservative, religious fundy WASPS. They wear their beliefs on their sleeves, and I have seen few of their beliefs that don't escape a core of racist thought.

Progressives as you call them (I'm not sure if you are using this as the new "librul" slur or what..it's all the same to "you people," I imagine ;)), have had a much longer, established history of "progressive" meaning--against the establishment thought. I would hope that you know the establishment has always been segregated, has always been strongly racist. This movement forms as its core a trend towards equality and modern thought.

Are there problems, sure. Do fringe nutters show up in any group? of course. But to try and compare a 6 decades+ movement, established against segregation, among other things, to a barely nascent movement that includes within it's core bitter right-wing fundamentalists, many of them old enough to represent the old establishment of core segregationists, to sharing equal tendencies towards racism, is completely dishonest.

establishing one's platform as against a platform that claims a history of moving beyond racial barriers and greater equality, simply establishes oneself as wanting to return to such a "golden age" of WASP power.

It's hilarious to watch "you people" deflect deflect deflect what sits at the core of this movement, b/c the smell gets worse and worse the louder "you people" get.

Hell, even your base voice--FOX newsgroup sent your contemporary Jim Jones packing, because they have finally had enough of the stink wafting from your buses loaded with geriatric hypocrites. Teabaggers are losing their voice. They have no power in congress. your voters are pissed that your heroes are powerless--as if you ever thought you would accomplish a damn thing.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The other difference is the Republican people who do stupid shit like this usually end up being forced to resign. Democrats do stuff like that and the entire party and base rallies to their defense.

Shirrly Sherrod?

OH wait, she was fired for making out of context racist remarks--by her own party.

To the new FOX pariah, he deserves credit for railing against the instant witch hunt--but only after he lead the charge against her out-of-context comments.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Our own President has been blatently racist.. Thats the TOP Democrat official. I guess its OK when its against white cops though. I'm also wondering why you don't give the Tea Partiers the same benefit of the doubt as you give the progressives? The Tea Partiers have PROVEN there are liberal plants at their rallies. You are just SUGGESTING there could be the same at progressive rallies.

Saying someone acted stupidly right or wrong not racist...fail.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

Rabble Rabble Rabble

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
http://glpiggy.net/2011/02/17/racist-black-politician-in-dallas-john-wiley-price-pt-1/
Racist Black Politician in Dallas, John Wiley Price

http://canibuscentral.ihiphop.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t2724.html?wwparam=1303223704
Black Politician Calls Colleague A Cracker

Here's some other examples of racism in the Democratic Party:

http://www.woai.com/news/local/stor...Democratic/XSGy7fDuD0upUDVryNVduQ.cspx?rss=68
"Those derogatory comments made by Ramos, you may remember, were published in the San Antonio Current and were made against gays, lesbians and African Americans. Committee members heard Ramos’ statements through audio and video recordings."

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." Tell me...was Lyndon Johnson a "plant"?

1. This guy Price seems to be a bit kooky, objecting to devils food cake and Black Friday. He got pissed off when someone called him the Chief Moolah, saying all the white people in the room can go to hell. Borderline racist, I'll give you half that one.

2. Angered response to being told "go back where you came from". Yeah racist statement but guess what Democratic party handled it properly he was suspended and apologized. If only the GOP would call out their own similarly.

3. First of all I don't know what he said but lets assume it to be true, again the Democratic committee voted to remove this guy from his position. Again showing there is no room in our midst for this kind of behavior.

wayliff

Lifer
Nov 28, 2002
well, I think it naturally registers in the brain. That is to be expected. across the entire animal kingdom, there tends to be a preference for on'es kind. And oftentimes, a defense against the other kind.

Yes, we are all human, and we are all the same kind. that is a fact. There are a few genetic markers that certainly can be used to distinguish races, but in the end, there is nothing that makes any race more or less human, more or less capable than another race.

I believe that racism is completely natural--it is how one applies such feelings and beliefs, how certain fears are exploited for nefarious purposes, that lends one to become "a racist."

Great points and agreed.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Shirrly Sherrod?

OH wait, she was fired for making out of context racist remarks--by her own party.

To the new FOX pariah, he deserves credit for railing against the instant witch hunt--but only after he lead the charge against her out-of-context comments.
Yeah, Sherrod got a raw deal. She was actually telling a story of overcoming her own (understandable) racism. It speaks volumes about her audience that they applauded her racist purposeful inaction and were merely perplexed about her overcoming her own racism. And it speaks volumes about our system that Sherrod was the one who paid a political price here. I do not like Shirley Sherrod, but she got a raw deal. On that subject, kudos to Bill O'Reilly for manning up and apologizing to Sherrod. Journalists, including opinion journalists like O'Reilly, have a responsibility to examine the entire tape rather than jumping to condemning based on select portions.

I don't know about a witch hunt. While this is exactly what the Dems did to Bush, it shows a lack of intelligence at the least for a Republican politician to send such an email. Davenport deserves the lumps she got, much as I enjoy seeing the progressives and hard-core yellow dog Democrats (but I repeat myself) trying to explain why this is totally different.

Nov 30, 2006
That is certainly a pile of racist invective. no doubt about it. I do try to base such assumptions, though, on thought density, and what i have to go on.

The fact is, that teabaggers form their core population out of older, hardcore conservative, religious fundy WASPS. They wear their beliefs on their sleeves, and I have seen few of their beliefs that don't escape a core of racist thought.

Progressives as you call them (I'm not sure if you are using this as the new "librul" slur or what..it's all the same to "you people," I imagine ;)), have had a much longer, established history of "progressive" meaning--against the establishment thought. I would hope that you know the establishment has always been segregated, has always been strongly racist. This movement forms as its core a trend towards equality and modern thought.

Are there problems, sure. Do fringe nutters show up in any group? of course. But to try and compare a 6 decades+ movement, established against segregation, among other things, to a barely nascent movement that includes within it's core bitter right-wing fundamentalists, many of them old enough to represent the old establishment of core segregationists, to sharing equal tendencies towards racism, is completely dishonest.

establishing one's platform as against a platform that claims a history of moving beyond racial barriers and greater equality, simply establishes oneself as wanting to return to such a "golden age" of WASP power.

It's hilarious to watch "you people" deflect deflect deflect what sits at the core of this movement, b/c the smell gets worse and worse the louder "you people" get.

Hell, even your base voice--FOX newsgroup sent your contemporary Jim Jones packing, because they have finally had enough of the stink wafting from your buses loaded with geriatric hypocrites. Teabaggers are losing their voice. They have no power in congress. your voters are pissed that your heroes are powerless--as if you ever thought you would accomplish a damn thing.
Just an FYI...perhaps you're unfamiliar the roots of the progressive movement...not exactly flattering:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1568/is_1_38/ai_n16439695/
When bigots become reformers: the Progressive Era's shameful record on race

Firstly...I don't use the word "progressive" as a slur...but it's interesting that you have no qualms about using the "teabaggers" slur. Secondly, Fox News is not my base voice and thirdly, I'm not a member of the Tea Party and lastly, they are not my heroes.

And you actually think you've got it all figured out....all I can do is shake my head and wonder how a rational person can assume so much with so little factual information.

Nov 30, 2006
1. This guy Price seems to be a bit kooky, objecting to devils food cake and Black Friday. He got pissed off when someone called him the Chief Moolah, saying all the white people in the room can go to hell. Borderline racist, I'll give you half that one.

2. Angered response to being told "go back where you came from". Yeah racist statement but guess what Democratic party handled it properly he was suspended and apologized. If only the GOP would call out their own similarly.

3. First of all I don't know what he said but lets assume it to be true, again the Democratic committee voted to remove this guy from his position. Again showing there is no room in our midst for this kind of behavior.
But there is room in our midst for the kind of behavior shown below?

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent. I’m not joking." - -Senator Joe Biden

Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis." - Senator Hillary Clinton

"You'd find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they'd just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva." - Fritz Hollings (D, S.C.)

"He's married to a white woman. He wants to be white. He wants a colorless society. He has no ethnic pride. He doesn't want to be black." - California State Senator Diane Watson's on Ward Connerly's interracial marriage

"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years." - Lyndon B. Johnson

"I think one man is just as good as another so long as he's not a n*gger or a Chinaman. Uncle Will says that the Lord made a White man from dust, a ****** from mud, then He threw up what was left and it came down a Chinaman. He does hate Chinese and Japs. So do I. It is race prejudice, I guess. But I am strongly of the opinion Negroes ought to be in Africa, Yellow men in Asia and White men in Europe and America." - Harry Truman

"There’s some people who’ve gone over the state and said, ‘Well, George Wallace has talked too strong about segregation.’ Now let me ask you this: how in the name of common sense can you be too strong about it? You’re either for it or you’re against it. There’s not any middle ground as I know of." - Democratic Alabama Governor George Wallace

"You f*cking Jew bastard." -- Hillary Clinton

"The Medicaid system must have been developed by a white male slave owner. It pays for you to be pregnant and have a baby, but it won't pay for much family planning." -- Jocelyn Elders

Referring to his racist Grandmother...she was a "typical white person" – Barack Obama

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
Suddenly, the history behind racist comments of black African Americans being called apes and monkeys goes down the drain,... because a former white American was called one too.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1568/is_1_38/ai_n16439695/
When bigots become reformers: the Progressive Era's shameful record on race

This is full of so many historical inaccuracies and distortions. I had to stop reading at the out of contet quote by Debs. "We have nothing special for the negro" Of course Socialists do not! The point he was making is that solidarity is for the whole working class, religion and race is how capitalists divide the working class. What a sick person to try to twist history so.

Is this the kind of shit you guys get these conspiracy from? You might as well read the protocols of zion back then, same bullshit. But the right bases their ideology off it still to this day unknowingly as most cons are too young to have gotten their personal copy from Henry Ford or Hitler.

That is really disgusting rewrite. Congrats, stormfront would be proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 30, 2006
This is full of so many historical inaccuracies and distortions. I had to stop reading at the out of contet quote by Debs. "We have nothing special for the negro" Of course Socialists do not! The point he was making is that solidarity is for the whole working class, religion and race is how capitalists divide the working class. What a sick person to try to twist history so.

Is this the kind of shit you guys get these conspiracy from? You might as well read the protocols of zion back then, same bullshit. But the right bases their ideology off it still to this day unknowingly as most cons are too young to have gotten their personal copy from Henry Ford or Hitler.
Please don't come to me looking for a discussion with "you guys".