California Rep. Hunter’s wife may have flipped on him in corruption case

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yet another good Republican...full of family values and shit.

The part that astounds me (from the yahoo link) is this:

If Hunter is convicted — the charges against him could carry a prison sentence of up to five years — no constitutional provision or House rule would require him to be removed from Congress; if imprisoned, he would no longer be allowed to vote on behalf of his district, but he would technically be allowed to retain his seat. Even so, he would almost certainly come under enormous pressure from Republican leaders to resign.

Reactions: gradoman

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

I think the house can refuse to seat him if he won reelection.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

What fd up laws we have.

You can jail a congressmen, but can't remove him from office.

You can't charge nor jail a criminal president, but you can remove him if you get a supermajority.

Both are free to take obscene amounts of secret donations, you know, because free speech..

What a racket

Dec 10, 2005
Nov 29, 2006
I guess his wife wants him to join her under the bus. :D

I laughed my ass off when he said that it was all the fault of his wife. Party of personal responsibility, my ass.

It's almost as if everything republicans say is a total lie. Personal responsibility, boot straps, morals, family values, ethics, fiscal responsibility. All lies.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

soooo... convicted felons in the Congress? For REAL this time and not just un-convicted felons?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
soooo... convicted felons in the Congress? For REAL this time and not just un-convicted felons?

Sure- why not? I mean, he's a Trump loving Republican so it's perfectly OK. Donnie can declare the whole thing a deep state witch hunt, anyway, and give him a full pardon. If Hunter sucks up extremely well he might even get a cabinet appointment.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
It's almost as if everything republicans say is a total lie. Personal responsibility, boot straps, morals, family values, ethics, fiscal responsibility. All lies.

Please don't tell me it has been lies all along, I have believed in everything they have told me, I even hate the same people they told me I should hate. My fragile ego can't handle that.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Sure- why not? I mean, he's a Trump loving Republican so it's perfectly OK. Donnie can declare the whole thing a deep state witch hunt, anyway, and give him a full pardon. If Hunter sucks up extremely well he might even get a cabinet appointment.

Cabinet.. he might even go on a date with his children now that he's rid of his corrupt democratic implant wife!

Nov 8, 2012
What a classy family with such prestigious upbringing. We should all idealize this amazing family and their values.

Seriously, fuck this douche and his family. I'm laughing at his wife turning on him - yet am not surprised. Good job on pushing yourself into the spotlight - that REALLY served you well.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
On top of it all, the idiot residents of his district still voted him in after a rather nasty racially based campaign against his opponent.. Think I'll keep SD off of my future travels in retirement.
EDIT: Same district that Randy Duke Cunningham (also a republican) was convicted of bribery and ordered to pay 1.8 mil in restitution. Must be something in the water.

Last edited:

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Must be something in the water.

Nope... they're Republicans and they have been taught to vote only Re;publican so that's what they do. It could be Satan* himself running and they would vote for him because that's what they do.

* They had to settle for Hunter but they're still happy because they got close with Trump.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
5 different affairs and threw her under the bus about the funds?

Yeah I think she flipped on him.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I guess he should have shuffled the money around to a few shell companies and it would be ok.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I guess he should have shuffled the money around to a few shell companies and it would be ok.

Yeh, in Trumpworld it would have been fine if he'd been a better crook like the Donald. Y'all seem to admire him for it. In his own words, nobody knows the system better than Trump. How anybody ever came to believe he'd ever be on anybody's side other than his own is a propaganda triumph, one for the ages.