California Ballot Initiative: Kill all gay people

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Would you sign in support?

• Yes, I would sign

• No, I would not sign

• I would sign if it said to kill all not-gay people instead

Results are only viewable after voting.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
This has me conflicted. One one hand, I don't care if someone is gay or not and on the other, I love killing people. =(

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
All this is kinda the blowback from marriage equality advancing and frustrated bigots that simply can not and will not accept the idea of same sex anything. Marriage, sex, holding hands, employment, teaching, driving, walking, shopping, breathing.

Gay advances in equality have brought the homophobes and bigots out of their closet.
And social media through the internet has brought them together and given them a home.
Exactly as with electing a black president has brought out the same hatred, the blackophobes, and the bigots.

Usually, people of that kind felt secure and content knowing the people they hate never advance and remained second class citizens.
But when all that changed, the haters and bigots just couldn't hold back.
A black president. A same sex marriage. A black teacher. A Gay teacher.
Their bigoted world came crashing down around them.

I guess that's life.
You can't change the mind of those with their minds already made up.
And no law or court, or judge, or president or parade is going to ever change minds.
It's been what, over 50 years since LBJ signed the civil rights act?
And its been what, some 152 years since the slaves were freed through the Emancipation Proclamation?
And here we are, 152 years later, and well. You know. We all watch the nightly news.
We still have many people that would love to own a slave, string up a black man by the neck, and kill all the gays.
And I suppose 152 years from now, not much will have changed.

Once I believed as the old bigoted minded died off, the young would break out of that hatred and bigotry rut.
But it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Maybe... after civilization is nuked into near non existence, then maybe all surviving will come together for the common good. Survival.
That is about what it will take for real change, acceptance, and the salvation of mankind.
Gawd. I sound like the Pope. ;)

shabby

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's a sad day in America when something like that is even brought up. I wonder how many signatures it has.

To me that is no different than "Kill all Christians" or "Kill all Muslims", etc. When we get to that point, we need help.

I think the solutions to this is simple.

A California lawyer has proposed a ballot measure that advocates killing gays, putting the state’s process of giving citizens the right to make laws at the ballot box to its latest test.

Kill all lawyers...

tumblr_mhtufc4ttn1s3c16so1_500.png

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
wait, and everyone keeps telling me that california is the most civilized state?

You've been deceived. California is the stupidest state. We love stupid, we revel in stupid, we build monuments that glorify stupid. We're considering eliminating farming so we'll be able to pave over some of the best farm land on earth and build McMansions. Then we'll get to import poisoned food from China. I think we even have a city that decided to be a sister city with some North Korean cesspool.

We got stupid covered.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
mkay.... two oligarchs gaming the system to their own selfish benefit and to the detriment of all Americans is funny how? I'm not getting it. This should enrage and inflame you as much as it does myself.

LOL

I love Monsanto, and sweat shops. (this should cover all the left rage)

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
When I first heard of this I thought it was a hoax.

Now I think this lawyer is just trolling everyone. This will not get the signatures to make it on the ballot. If by some bizarre occurrence it passed it would obviously be ignored as unconstitutional.

Ignore the troll.

Fern

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
I don't why people think the lawyer is doing this insincerely. Who would throw away their reputation and potentially their license over a stunt like that? Someone who wants to make a muddled political point? Or someone who actually believes the state is in grave danger if no one stops the gays?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I don't why people think the lawyer is doing this insincerely. Who would throw away their reputation and potentially their license over a stunt like that? Someone who wants to make a muddled political point? Or someone who actually believes the state is in grave danger if no one stops the gays?

Either one makes him too stupid to practice law.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This has me conflicted. On one hand, I don't care if someone is gay or not and on the other, I love killing people. =(
lol +1

You've been deceived. California is the stupidest state. We love stupid, we revel in stupid, we build monuments that glorify stupid. We're considering eliminating farming so we'll be able to pave over some of the best farm land on earth and build McMansions. Then we'll get to import poisoned food from China. I think we even have a city that decided to be a sister city with some North Korean cesspool.

We got stupid covered.
lol +2

Either one makes him too stupid to practice law.
Shush! If he can't practice law, he'll have to go into politics where there is no mental bar to hurdle.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
Isn't advocating the murder of gays a hate crime, or at least hate speech?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
California is a little different.
People with clipboards, strolling around the parking lot of Vons grocery stores on a Saturday, collecting signatures for everything from soup to nutz.
Get enough signatures, and it goes on the ballot.
Only to possibly pass, then get shot down big time in the courts.
Like a merry go round, it just keeps repeating itself, the trend.
I guess its freedom of speech? Freedom whatever?
All I know is it seldom works, and the court battles cost CA a lot of money.
But even so, you will always find clipboards shoved in your face every Saturday in every store parking lot across CA.
Vons on a Saturday morning.
Where else could you pickup a bunch of bananas, and potentially legally kill some Gays?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
wait, and everyone keeps telling me that california is the most civilized state?

If someone's opinion offends you, you must defend their right to do so, otherwise we will not know who the assholes are and we will miss out on our right to smack them for it.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
All this is kinda the blowback from marriage equality advancing and frustrated bigots that simply can not and will not accept the idea of same sex anything. Marriage, sex, holding hands, employment, teaching, driving, walking, shopping, breathing.

Gay advances in equality have brought the homophobes and bigots out of their closet.
And social media through the internet has brought them together and given them a home.
Exactly as with electing a black president has brought out the same hatred, the blackophobes, and the bigots.

Usually, people of that kind felt secure and content knowing the people they hate never advance and remained second class citizens.
But when all that changed, the haters and bigots just couldn't hold back.
A black president. A same sex marriage. A black teacher. A Gay teacher.
Their bigoted world came crashing down around them.

I guess that's life.
You can't change the mind of those with their minds already made up.
And no law or court, or judge, or president or parade is going to ever change minds.
It's been what, over 50 years since LBJ signed the civil rights act?
And its been what, some 152 years since the slaves were freed through the Emancipation Proclamation?
And here we are, 152 years later, and well. You know. We all watch the nightly news.
We still have many people that would love to own a slave, string up a black man by the neck, and kill all the gays.
And I suppose 152 years from now, not much will have changed.

Once I believed as the old bigoted minded died off, the young would break out of that hatred and bigotry rut.
But it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Maybe... after civilization is nuked into near non existence, then maybe all surviving will come together for the common good. Survival.
That is about what it will take for real change, acceptance, and the salvation of mankind.
Gawd. I sound like the Pope. ;)

But it takes a generation past the time such beliefs and actions are rewarded and condoned to take effect.