Calif. AG Jerry Brown investigating payment to Sarah Palin

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004
Yea. This is the same idiot who ran the state circa 1980ish.

The hypocrisy here is if this was Gore and not Palin speaking, no one would even think twice about a speaking contract (and Gores are very top secret).

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004

The hypocrisy here is if this was Gore and not Palin speaking, no one would even think twice about a speaking contract (and Gores are very top secret).

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

awwwwwwwww......too bad....wawawawawaaaaa...awwwww

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Oddly enough, she does seem to be a pretty clean politician. If only she was intellectually ambitious.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The CA governor race is between former governor Jerry Brown (from the 70's, 35 years ago) and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman.

OMO, Brown is one of the most independant, creative politicians, and follows policies good for the public; Whitman is the classic unqualified businessperson who has money to burn to buy power, who will pursue an ignorant, harmful agenda. She is pouring massive amounts of money to buy the election in the classic monied campaign, smoething the state with advertising filled with generic, focus-group tested simple slogans of the 'I think the people are ready for the state to be great again' variety without any mention of her party a la Scott Brown.

CA voters will be idiots to fall for this, and history shows that voters are often idiots for just this type of campaign.

The Brown family has a large history with CA - Jerry's father was governor before him, in the 60's, during the 'golden' period. He was a great governor, defeated by Reagan largely over his opposition to capital punishment whilt Reagan embraced it.

Ironically, Reagan was a very liberal governor in ways - his supporters would likely be shocked.

A while before Brown, CA had Governor Earl Warren - so popular he was nominated by both parties.

Jerry's sister was also the nominee previously for governor, losing to a Republican.

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
The CA governor race is between former governor Jerry Brown (from the 70's, 35 years ago) and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman.

OMO, Brown is one of the most independant, creative politicians, and follows policies good for the public; Whitman is the classic unqualified businessperson who has money to burn to buy power, who will pursue an ignorant, harmful agenda. She is pouring massive amounts of money to buy the election in the classic monied campaign, smoething the state with advertising filled with generic, focus-group tested simple slogans of the 'I think the people are ready for the state to be great again' variety without any mention of her party a la Scott Brown.

CA voters will be idiots to fall for this, and history shows that voters are often idiots for just this type of campaign.
As if it'll make any difference who's elected. Could be worse though, instead of Whitman it could be Fiorna.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'll be first in line to call Palin an idiot, but Brown needs to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. As an AG his role is NOT to launch investigations to find out how much something costs.

Unsurprisingly, someone is abusing the power of his office to further his own political agenda.

Imagine that.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I'll be first in line to call Palin an idiot, but Brown needs to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. As an AG his role is NOT to launch investigations to find out how much something costs.

Unsurprisingly, someone is abusing the power of his office to further his own political agenda.

Imagine that.
Actually it was a State Senator that started all this. IMO I think what will happen is that Brown will absolve the CSSU Board from any wrong doing.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Actually it was a State Senator that started all this. IMO I think what will happen is that Brown will absolve the CSSU Board from any wrong doing.

What will happen is that there won't be any evidence and therefore they will be absolved. The reason for all this is that people are pissed that Palin is speaking and this is a great way to punish those who invited her and make political hay at that same time.

Like I said Palin is an idiot, but that doesn't give a moral high ground to stick it to those who aren't playing along.

Seriously, someone says that some papers were destroyed and we have a "broad investigation"? Heavens, I hope no one plugs the toilet.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

The Brown family has a large history with CA - Jerry's father was governor before him, in the 60's, during the 'golden' period. He was a great governor, defeated by Reagan largely over his opposition to capital punishment whilt Reagan embraced it.

Ironically, Reagan was a very liberal governor in ways - his supporters would likely be shocked.

A while before Brown, CA had Governor Earl Warren - so popular he was nominated by both parties.

Jerry's sister was also the nominee previously for governor, losing to a Republican.

You used to write for the Politburo didn't you?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007

Yes.

OMO, Brown is one of the most independant, creative politicians, and follows policies good for the public;

He also unionized large portions of the state government and now the state is going broke because of this...

Whitman is the classic unqualified businessperson who has money to burn to buy power, who will pursue an ignorant, harmful agenda.

Please tell me how making eBay into an 8 billion dollar business makes her unqualified?

She is pouring massive amounts of money to buy the election in the classic monied campaign, smoething the state with advertising filled with generic, focus-group tested simple slogans of the 'I think the people are ready for the state to be great again' variety without any mention of her party a la Scott Brown.

How much did Obama spend on his presidential election run?
(What was that about public financing?)

Well, considering the state is BROKE, I think that the state might need some change.

So because his father was a good governor means that he will be a good governor?
I don't understand your logic.

Reagan has nothing to do with this thread neither does the California governors race - out side of the fact that this is nothing more than a political stunt by Jerry Brown.

Ok...

But I thought his family was "good people". Shouldn't you be outraged that she didn't get elected because the Brown father was so great?

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
Here is the problem with all of this.

First off, this is a private organization paying for Palin to come and speak. It is NOT the school.

This private organization raises money for the school.

The school is broke.

This event is slated to generate ~250k in profit which would go directly to the school.

So, this event is preventing the school from slashing 250k from its budget and that is not a bad thing?

Or is it simply another case of PDS?