News Cadillac Lyriq seems to be a winner

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
First Drive reviews are up at all the usual outlets today.

This appears to be a well done, luxury EV, with good looks and quality inside and out, for a reasonable price in it's segment.

2023-Cadillac-Lyriq-EV-in-motion-1.jpg

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
To me, it's as if someone took the line separating like and dislike and made a car out of it.

Reactions: IronWing

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Let's make seats that almost fold flat so the cargo space can be almost useful.

Mar 11, 2004
Looks pretty bland. And the upper part of the taillights looks just stupid, like they're trying to mimic tailfins only it just doesn't work. Also, the interior, for all the focus on how they're not using the GM parts bin doesn't look anything special. Not bad, but they act like its a huuuge difference. The entire car industry is moving to better materials, and the Cadlillac's looks derivative. The way they did the steering wheel looks like a lot of other premium brands only they stupidly flipped the metal framing on the center so that it doesn't follow the shape of the steering wheel and it doesn't look right because of it. Doing things just to be minorly different is stupid.

Also not a fan of that front end. Looks like a placeholder. Also reminds me of something else (Hyundai Kona?). And their light up fake grille is silly (as they all will be, which might be fine if its a silly car, but they won't be). And their "milk mustache" is slightly yellow (which not sure if I prefer that or not...).

Also, I HATE how all the first electric vehicles from every company is now these overpriced 4 (they can say 5, but most, like the iPace can't seat more than 4 and even then I'd say barely could seat 4 adults) seat high riding sloped back wagons.