Cadillac brings back "Standard of the World"

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5YcVhlE5DMY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5YcVhlE5DMY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

enjoy

you just blew my mind

punjabiplaya

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
lol borked

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5YcVhlE5DMY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5YcVhlE5DMY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Pantoot

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2002
I will admit, there are fleeting moments of regret that I didn't pick the caddy.
Anyone know how reliability has been for the V's?

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I will admit, there are fleeting moments of regret that I didn't pick the caddy.

I'd go out on a limb and say that rear wheel drive car with a Chevy V8 is going to be more reliable than it's competitors.

c3p0

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 2000
The CTSv is as good or better than ANY of it's competitors. That's my opinion. If I were in the market for a luxury sedan, there is no doubt where my money would be spent.

c3p0

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

Only common drivetrain problems from the CTS-V 1st gen was issues if the rear diff. Most of that seems to be traced back to users having to much wheel hop and damaging it.

The Nav buttons wore off and there has been 2 "major" recalls. 1 for the front brake lines for northeast areas (road salt eats them) and the rear diff seal. The seal was only bad after the maker "improved" it. The recall only affects the 05+ Gen1. The repair, put in a 03-04 seal. :p

My V6 2004 CTS has been great. I have about 45k and no repairs yet.

MrMatt

Banned
Mar 3, 2009
If I had the money to throw around right now I'd consider one of these....but I'd end up murdering myself on a highway within a month I'd bet. Shit. 0-60 in 3.9

Pariah

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2000
Would be nice if that had waited until they had updated the rest of their range. One car does not make a brand. The STS and DTS are no where near the "Standard of the World." When are they planning to overhaul those? Remnants of the Caddies for senior citizens only era which are no competition for ze Germans.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Would be nice if that had waited until they had updated the rest of their range. One car does not make a brand. The STS and DTS are no where near the "Standard of the World." When are they planning to overhaul those? Remnants of the Caddies for senior citizens only era which are no competition for ze Germans.

The STS is a nice car and has/had a V model as well. The DTS was the best selling lux car for a long time. The DTS is what the market wanted and GM made it.

The car to replace both of them should be coming in the next year or so if I remember. Also rumor of a smaller Caddy coming.

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Nose
CTS w/ Corvette Engine inside
*yawn*

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I think they just need to do an update of the XLR and give it the engine from the CTS-V. That would be an amazing car.

that would be awesome. i thought the XLR was sexy as hell.

cadillac also has the ATS (smaller than CTS, 3-series fighter) and XTS (STS/DTS replacement) coming.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
that would be awesome. i thought the XLR was sexy as hell.

cadillac also has the ATS (smaller than CTS, 3-series fighter) and XTS (STS/DTS replacement) coming.

I honestly don't think it would be hard to do. The original XLR was a Cadillac body on a Corvette frame and there's no reason why they couldn't do that with the C6. It ended up being a very pricey car though (around $100k) and I'm not sure it sold very well.

Pariah

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2000
The STS is a nice car and has/had a V model as well. The DTS was the best selling lux car for a long time. The DTS is what the market wanted and GM made it.

The car to replace both of them should be coming in the next year or so if I remember. Also rumor of a smaller Caddy coming.

I thought the DTS was only 4 or 5 years old. How could it be a "long time" best seller? I know the DTS replaced the Deville, but you can't buy a new Deville anymore, so it doesn't matter.

Around here I probably see at least three or four 7 series BMW's and high end Mercedes (AMG/S Series, etc) for every DTS/STS Cadillac, and I don't think I've seen a person under the age of 60 driving one of those Cadillacs. Luxury isn't just for old people any more. I am by no means one of those you should never buy a "wrong wheel drive" car idiots, but I don't think it is coincidental that the new younger rich generation are driving sportier luxury car from BMW and Mercedes as opposed to the FWD barrages Cadillac is pimping for their highend. Where Cadillac peaks luxury wise, the others are just getting started.

FiLeZz

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Video says worlds fastest sedan?

WRX sti did it in 7:55sec this car did it in 7:59sec
seems like they are wrong when they say fastest production sedan.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Is it wrong that I find the CTS-V to be forgivable when it comes to looks? Damn, that was a good advertisement.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I don't care if the Panamera beat the Veyron, that thing is AWFUL looking.

i got passed by a panamera on the road once. it looks MUCH better in person.

also, what kind of sales volume is required for a car to be considered "production"?

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
you seen it in person? if so, i will say opinions are opinions... but of ALL high end lux cars, it is the most affordable that turns ANY head.

Yes. Apparently there is a guy in our area that owns one, and I see it every so often. It's awful looking. But like you said, it's just my opinion.