Cadet Bonespur cancels visit to Marine Cementery due to bad weather...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
trump-cancels-cemetery-visit-reactions-5be930c68cdf5__700.jpg

Think good and hard on that one Trump fluffers. Maybe you'll begin to understand what pieces of shit you look like to everyone else not drinking the orange KoolAid.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Scotland has a better way of dealing with Trump golf courses. Take a dump in the cup.

My favorite act of Bawbag Defiance is still that one grad student, the guy who bought a sliver of Mike Forbes' land, which Trump was trying to have seized. To pursue the matter, they'd have to interview him, but he and Forbes did the sale right before he was shipping off to the Antarctic for some kind of long study. Ha!

Fookoffyegreatorangenumpty!

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
All cleared up this morning via Twitter

Everyone had a good laugh at that one who knows how things work. When he didn't show up at Arlington, was it because the helicopter couldn't land on the little crosses?

Feb 4, 2009
Slightly off topic.
Marine One doesn’t have the capability to fly in poor visibility?
It doesn’t have modern avionics?
It doesn’t have some kind of thermal imagining?

Jan 25, 2011
Slightly off topic.
There's a difference between when it has to fly and when it should fly. Unnecessary risk is avoided.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Slightly off topic.

It's had that capability for decades. There's a piece somewhere by an actual former pilot of Marine One that confirmed it. It's as thin a lie as most other whoppers Trump loves.

Feb 4, 2009
He wouldn't get to decide that.

Of course he can decide that he is the Commander in Chief

I can’t wait for a foggy day during campaign season to see if Marine One was used.
Shit someone more motivated than me could see if Marine One flew to a Trump rally with comparable weather conditions.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
There's a difference between when it has to fly and when it should fly. Unnecessary risk is avoided.

There's always a risk when failure means a plummet at high speed to the ground. By that standard Trump should never fly.

I checked the weather for the day in question and there was some fog but nothing outside of normal operating parameters. He just didn't want to bother is the only reasonable conclusion.

Jan 25, 2011
Of course he can decide that he is the Commander in Chief

I can’t wait for a foggy day during campaign season to see if Marine One was used.
Shit someone more motivated than me could see if Marine One flew to a Trump rally with comparable weather conditions.
If Marine One can't fly due to an extremely low ceiling or other safety issues then that isn't something that can be overridden. I'm simply saying that if there were weather concerns that grounded M1 that isn't Trump's call.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
He wouldn't get to decide that.

Yes and no. Travel safety is determined in large part by the Secret Service, but again operational parameters come into play. If a mission is go/no go it is based on the ability of the transport to do so within those limits. If it was the VH-60N, here's something about it.

VH-60N incorporates day/night/all-weather operations, self-contained navigation, GPS, TCAS, and CSFIR sensors, and carries no weapons. Communications include extensive communication capability with communications station operator.

Here's where one can find the weather on that day.

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/givry-weather-history/bourgogne/fr.aspx

Just enter the date in question under "historical". The ride might have been a bit bumpy and that's it.

So yeah the trip can be called off because of weather but in this case there's really no legit question of safety.

Jan 25, 2011
Yes and no. Travel safety is determined in large part by the Secret Service, but again operational parameters come into play. If a mission is go/no go it is based on the ability of the transport to do so within those limits. If it was the VH-60N, here's something about it.

VH-60N incorporates day/night/all-weather operations, self-contained navigation, GPS, TCAS, and CSFIR sensors, and carries no weapons. Communications include extensive communication capability with communications station operator.

Here's where one can find the weather on that day.

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/givry-weather-history/bourgogne/fr.aspx

Just enter the date in question under "historical". The ride might have been a bit bumpy and that's it.

So yeah the trip can be called off because of weather but in this case there's really no legit question of safety.
This would be the better data to use.

https://www.ogimet.com/display_meta...18&mesf=11&dayf=10&horaf=23&minf=59&send=send

METAR LFPO 101100Z 19011KT 2700 -RA BR OVC006 11/11 Q1002
NOSIG=

At the worst part of the day (1100 UTC=Noon local time) the ceiling was 600 feet and there was light rain and mist. Temperature was 11-12 degrees. Wind was around 11kts. So the trip would have included being in the cloud for part of it.

I'm not saying it's a valid excuse. I'm just saying if they decided it was a no go to fly he wouldn't be the one to override that. There should have been a contingency to drive and he should have gone.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Fox News gave Obama shit for weeks after he wore a tan suit.

I wonder how they're gonna blame Lying Crooked Hillary for the fucking rain.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
What's of the highest priority to Trump is Trump.

All of us have seen him on numerous occasions place himself above presidential decorum, above protocol, above the Rule of Law, above the ethical and moral boundaries one would expect our apex leader of all people, to never ever cross over of which his underlings would then have to painfully, sheepishly and humiliatingly walk back time and again.

Trump is repeatedly doing these things because he's used to having things his way from childhood and all the way through his adult life and being POTUS isn't going to change that. In fact, I see him as believing that his position gives him even more authority to do as he pleases and fvck off all of you who don't like it.

He's been struggling with this his entire tenure and there's nothing in sight that indicates this struggle with his need to be a spiteful omnipotent monarch over all who claim to belong to the lands he now rules over is going to yield positive results.

In my eye, this disrespectful show of selfishness is totally in line with his past behavior which leads me to believe his dissing our military is just "Trump being Trump" and we should all be as understanding and accepting as his most ardent supporters are. They know Trump only means well.

Take it or leave it, he obviously doesn't give a shit unless it hurts his chances of getting re-elected, of which in his mind is a process that should be abolished now that he's got the controls in hand.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Slightly off topic.

According to Cadet Bone Spurs, my Supercobra had better avionics than Marine One.

If El Toro were still an active base, we would be laughing our collective asses off.

Yes Donny, the ENTIRE base.
smiley-39.gif

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The other world leaders made it. One would expect that The President of the US and his staff could figure out some way to make it to the planned event. It is not like the weather was a complete surprise. There is no way around this, either Trump didn't care enough to go, or he and his entire staff is too incompetent to figure out how to make it 50 miles across town without a helicopter.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So I did a little research. The decision to fly is in the Secret Services hands. They also are expected to have a backup plan.

They have a back up plan: car. The only person preventing that option was Trump. There is no effing way that he is telling the truth that he was stopped from taking the beast despite his wishes. It is a complete, indisputable, lie.

Reactions: Aegeon