Cable TV help

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
It seems that i'm having a problem. I have a tv in the living room and the TechTV channel is fine. I have a second tv in my room and the TechTV channel is not even visible, all i get is audio. Is the problem lies between the cheapo cable that i used? or is it because i splitted the cable into two (one in the living room and one in my room)

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000

<< It seems that i'm having a problem. I have a tv in the living room and the TechTV channel is fine. I have a second tv in my room and the TechTV channel is not even visible, all i get is audio. Is the problem lies between the cheapo cable that i used? or is it because i splitted the cable into two (one in the living room and one in my room) >>

Is the channel scrambled, black/blue screen, some sort of barker channel? If any of these are yes, then your cable company might not have &quot;activated&quot; your converter box for that TV. (you do have a legal converter box for the tv right?)

If not... i would try replacing the box on that tv with the box from the working tv, could be a bad converter box... or could be bad splitter. What type of splitter did you use? where did you get the splitter/cable? Please don't say Radio Crap...

HOWITIS

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2001
best advice i can give is get direct tv. you'll have digital channels and u can get the local stuff with an Antenna if they are not carried on diret tv. and if you cable company is anything like mine they are more expennsive

Kroze

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
This stupid fat guy cut the cable and expose the bare middle wire to hook it up to my TV and then tape it up

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000

<< This stupid fat guy cut the cable and expose the bare middle wire to hook it up to my TV and then tape it up >>

bad move.. that will cause ALOT of signal attenuation, and could even cause poor reception. if the crim on the end isn't tight, get it done professionally.