Cable Display Systems

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I'm trying to build my own display system for pictures. My apartment has beautiful stone walls, so drilling into them isn't an option and I think the steel cables will look really nice.

An example of what I'm talking about is here - http://www.artestuff.com/index...c4cdbd4a8918dffd4ba36a

The wire is easy to find, but I wonder if anyone has a lead on the floor or wall anchors, or on the picture holders themselves.

Thanks!

integramodder

Jun 13, 2003
I'm a fan of the modern style and like the look of anything stainless with vivid solid colors. With that said, assuming your stone walls are some gray hue, the cables could blend in with the background and "disappear". This could be a desired effect if you want more focus on what the cables are holding rather than the cables themselves, but personally I would want them to be part of the display and thus stand out a bit more.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: integramodder
I'm a fan of the modern style and like the look of anything stainless with vivid solid colors. With that said, assuming your stone walls are some gray hue, the cables could blend in with the background and "disappear". This could be a desired effect if you want more focus on what the cables are holding rather than the cables themselves, but personally I would want them to be part of the display and thus stand out a bit more.

Any idea where to get this kind of hardware?