Cabinet Members In Discussions To Remove Trump As President By Invoking 25th Amendment

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Some of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet secretaries are discussing whether to invoke a section of the 25th Amendment to strip Trump of his powers and install Vice President Mike Pence as head of the executive branch, according to multiple reports, after chaos took hold of Washington on Wednesday when Trump supporters violently took over the U.S. Capitol.

Congress would then have 48 hours to assemble and 21 days to decide whether to permanently strip the president of powers, which would require at least a two-thirds majority vote of both chambers.

Former U.S. Sen. Birch Bayh (D-Ind.), who was the primary sponsor of the 25th Amendment in the Senate, wrote that Section 4 was designed to be used if the president was “nutty as a fruit cake.”

yes please do it!
Trump is unhinged and probably more so now that Twitter turned off his acct till tomorrow.

God knows what crazy stuff Trump will do in his last 2 weeks in power.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009

Some of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet secretaries are discussing whether to invoke a section of the 25th Amendment to strip Trump of his powers and install Vice President Mike Pence as head of the executive branch, according to multiple reports, after chaos took hold of Washington on Wednesday when Trump supporters violently took over the U.S. Capitol.

Congress would then have 48 hours to assemble and 21 days to decide whether to permanently strip the president of powers, which would require at least a two-thirds majority vote of both chambers.

Former U.S. Sen. Birch Bayh (D-Ind.), who was the primary sponsor of the 25th Amendment in the Senate, wrote that Section 4 was designed to be used if the president was “nutty as a fruit cake.”

yes please do it!
Trump is unhinged and probably more so now that Twitter turned off his acct till tomorrow.

God knows what crazy stuff Trump will do in his last 2 weeks in power.
Honestly in my opinion, doing that would be the only thing that keeps the GOP relevant over the next decade. Can you imagine what the political ads will look like at the next midterm?
Supporting this guy is toxic right now.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Honestly in my opinion, doing that would be the only thing that keeps the GOP relevant over the next decade. Can you imagine what the political ads will look like at the next midterm?
Supporting this guy is toxic right now.
Yup

It would be at least a symbolic way of saying "we admit we backed the wrong guy, and we're sick of him too"

Reactions: Captante

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
But you forget...he's given them just about everything they've always wanted...it's been like 4 years of Christmas morning for the Repubs.
Trump's a useful idiot who has proven himself incredibly dangerous in the end.

It may have been a long Christmas vacation for them, but I'm guessing they'll move on to the next puppet soon enough.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
The Republican party of CUCKS can go let someone else fuck their wives for all I care. DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT FUCKSTICKS.

I never thought I'd see the day when Bill Maher is like fucking NOSTRADAMUS but that guy was on point when he said Trump would do *anything* to prevent leaving office.

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Would they have the votes???

I doubt they would. Even after the events of today, the votes in support for objection are surprising. I just don’t see a 2/3 vote in both chambers. The piece of shit should be thrown out immediately.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
If Trump is allowed to remain in office, you can be damn sure there'll be an even bigger crowd of Deplorables come Inauguration Day. Based on what Giuliani was saying ("trial by combat!") we know that Trump's last move is to incite such a large disturbance that provides a pretext for declaring Martial Law. The scary part then is that we don't even know what emergency powers are available to him.

Best to remove the threat.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
So now that it's obvious will be no consequences whatsoever for today's failed coup I wonder how many will be killed on January 20th when Trump marches his nazis on the inauguration.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
So now that it's obvious will be no consequences whatsoever for today's failed coup I wonder how many will be killed on January 20th when Trump marches his nazis on the inauguration.

I'm fairly sure that at tis point there will be no traditional, large, in-person Inauguration. COVID made sure of that, anyway. Probably all virtual.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
If they don’t 25th him I see an arrest warrant for him being issued before Jan 20. He has committed multiple federal crimes in the past five days.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Fun fact--every single cell phone that entered the Capitol building today has been logged and recorded (Capitol has its own cell service network inside.) Since most of these idiots were mindlessly filming or snapping selfies on their phones, they've all exposed themselves.

amrnuke

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2019
Fun fact--every single cell phone that entered the Capitol building today has been logged and recorded (Capitol has its own cell service network inside.) Since most of these idiots were mindlessly filming or snapping selfies on their phones, they've all exposed themselves.
So the Capitol Police who let them in, shook their hands, took selfies with them... they're going to arrest them?
I hope this just gets jurisdictioned straight to the FBI.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Are you sure it isn't the chip that Bill Gates implanted in them for vaccine research?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
So the Capitol Police who let them in, shook their hands, took selfies with them... they're going to arrest them?
I hope this just gets jurisdictioned straight to the FBI.

Maybe the Capitol Police themselves will do the hit.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I don’t think there is even a 1% chance of this happening. It’s right up there with believing Trump won, in my opinion.

I think the probability is low but maybe better than 1%. However, what interests me is the fact that this story is out there and Trump knows about it. Consider his state of mind when he realizes that his VP and cabinet members are talking behind his back about throwing him out. He's going to go apeshit, as if he wasn't already.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Trump's a useful idiot who has proven himself incredibly dangerous in the end.

It may have been a long Christmas vacation for them, but I'm guessing they'll move on to the next puppet soon enough.
to me it's more like an early test fireworks set off the day before and blows up in your face.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
At this point he needs to be removed ASAP to get ahead of any of his escape plans, lawless pardons, evidence destruction and general vandalism. NYAG office needs a clear route to get him in custody before he manages to jet off somewhere.