CA Tries To Outdo NY With Gun Control Bills; Permits To Buy Ammo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I've resisted til now; I'm not really that fond of the NRA. But, if there's any lobby that has the resources to protect us from the erosion of our Second Amendment rights, it's them.

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, if those Jews had just had hi capacity magazines and less paperwork WWII could have been averted.

hey stupid we didn't even know about the Holocaust until we beat NAZI Germany. Since you're dumb as a rock let me explain: WW2 was about something separate from the killing of the JEWs, who were but a victimized group who were killed to give other people more power.

and I highlighted the confiscation part

fucking idiot

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I've resisted til now; I'm not really that fond of the NRA. But, if there's any lobby that has the resources to protect us from the erosion of our Second Amendment rights, it's them.

There is also the second amendment foundation, which has spearheaded multiple successful lawsuits in recent years.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I'm a california grown individual . . . it's becoming too much for me. On this coming Tuesday I sign papers to get my house in Texas.... lol@CA, losing another $100,000+ per year tax source because of their stupid attempt at tyranny. No wonder the state is broke...

SaurusX

Nov 13, 2012
I'm a california grown individual . . . it's becoming too much for me. On this coming Tuesday I sign papers to get my house in Texas.... lol@CA, losing another $100,000+ per year tax source because of their stupid attempt at tyranny. No wonder the state is broke...

Welcome. Remember why you came here, though. Don't try and turn Texas into another California as many of your compatriots are doing.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Welcome. Remember why you came here, though. Don't try and turn Texas into another California as many of your compatriots are doing.

That's something I don't get, they vote for liberal policies in CA, NY, etc, the city/state/country gets ruined, and decide to go somewhere better that WASN'T ruined by their idiot laws and try it again.

I'm finally going to be among like minded individuals, which will be less stressful trying to argue logic and facts vs emotion . . . which is tiring.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-rights-under-fire-finishing-fund-c?ref=users

Last edited:

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
WW2 was about something separate from the killing of the JEWs, who were but a victimized group who were killed to give other people more power.

Yep, WWII was about banksters investing millions into germany's war machine, which in turn led to billions in destroyed competitor's capital and assets, allowing that initial investment (into untouched american capital) to grow 100 fold. The irony is that not only was this destruction led by jews (jewish american bankers and industrialists and even hitler himself) but it also involved the wholesale slaughter of jews. So at the core of it you had jews conspiring in their own genocide. All presided over by the powerful anglo-caucasian royal families. The whole thing screams of a rothschild-eque design, like his cornering of the london markets when napoleon was defeated at waterloo.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
"assault bullets"....

Sigh...
Lawls.

CA will probably replace all rounds with rubber bullets only and/or no ammunition involved but each firearm has a speaker system and when trigger is pulled an audio warning goes off.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Edit: Just saw that a tool must be necessary for reload. That part is bullshit, but otherwise a 10 round magazine limit is perfectly reasonable.
I don't get it either. Even hardcore leftist Canada doesn't require a reload tool. Canada also doesn't ban hollow point bullets. They only ban bullets specifically designed to penetrate body armor, such as teflon coated bullets. Hollow points are the opposite - they're designed to minimize penetration. I'm not completely shocked that California liberals don't know the difference.

For some reason, I would assume gangs don't use hollow points. It would minimize the impact of a drive-by shooting because the hollow points don't go through walls very well. Firing a ton of regular bullets at your house would be much more dangerous.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
This legislation is utterly retarded, thankfully we Californians can actually use the screwed up proposition system to overturn it if needed.

I'm still hopeful that this idiocy doesn't get to Gov. Brown's desk.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

Take me with you!!! D:

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
This legislation is utterly retarded, thankfully we Californians can actually use the screwed up proposition system to overturn it if needed.

I'm still hopeful that this idiocy doesn't get to Gov. Brown's desk.

A pro-gun proposition would never pass in California.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

I'm there too. When this started many were saying that it was the pro-second people who were nutty and paranoid. Now it seems as if NY, CA and who knows who's proved our concerns true. This isn't about reasonable regulation, it's a power grab.

No sir I didn't like it.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
This is the whole California democratic caucus pushing for it, it has support among democratic leaders,this isn't a few democrats pushing for it.

Considering that it's Dems across the nation who are pushing for this bullshit, it's sad to say that they have become the greater of two evils. This isn't just about guns, but the willingness to abuse power to the same degree at least as the Reps did, and add Obama's abuses wrt terrorism related acts and Biden's frank dishonesty about this topic makes me trust them not at all.

Even "better", when Obama gets to nominate SCOTUS judges, they'll be sure to adopt his abusive attitudes towards Constitutional rights as well.

Some of us got suckered. I'm thinking what's his name would have been a better choice for president, especially from a SCOTUS POV.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
There seem to be a lot of people more preoccupied over their magazine size than their penis size. The red tape parts are bullshit, but worst case with magazine limits are you have to reload more often. Give me a second to put my outrage face on.

Edit: Just saw that a tool must be necessary for reload. That part is bullshit, but otherwise a 10 round magazine limit is perfectly reasonable.
30 becomes 10, 10 becomes 7, 7 becomes?

We know where this is going. Black powder muzzle loaders.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
30 becomes 10, 10 becomes 7, 7 becomes?

We know where this is going. Black powder muzzle loaders.

Compromise is liberalspeak for bend to their way of thinking until they decide compromise is needed again. I am taking your approach to this gun debate. Give zero inch.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Every time the gun grabbers come up with more absurd rules to curb everyone's rights, the leftists (especially the media) paint anyone against such curbs and restrictions as a paranoid right winger. Lo and behold we see NY and CA doing these kinds of things, and yet we're still supposed to believe that the gun grabbers are not out to take away your rights.......

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I highly doubt that will survive a federal court challenge.

It will until someone has the time and money to take it that far. That was why Chicago's handgun ban was on the books for 28 years.

McDonald v. City of Chicago:
By a 5-4 decision, the court ruled that the Second Amendment was incorporated by the due process section of the Fourteenth Amendment and individuals were therefore granted a constitutional right to keep firearms in their homes for self-protection, a right greater than the states’ power to restrict it.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
It will until someone has the time and money to take it that far. That was why Chicago's handgun ban was on the books for 28 years.

McDonald v. City of Chicago:
By a 5-4 decision, the court ruled that the Second Amendment was incorporated by the due process section of the Fourteenth Amendment and individuals were therefore granted a constitutional right to keep firearms in their homes for self-protection, a right greater than the states’ power to restrict it.

That's true, but I'd expect that someone would file suit about 5 seconds after the law went into effect, and that any judge who is not a complete lib moron would throw the law out quickly. Who knows though, you could end up in front of some lefty hack judge(s).

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Every time the gun grabbers come up with more absurd rules to curb everyone's rights, the leftists (especially the media) paint anyone against such curbs and restrictions as a paranoid right winger. Lo and behold we see NY and CA doing these kinds of things, and yet we're still supposed to believe that the gun grabbers are not out to take away your rights.......
I think most would refer to many of my views as liberal. But I am completely against the vast majority of gun control legislation. The only thing I agree with is increased background checks, particularly for mental illness.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
This is the whole California democratic caucus pushing for it, it has support among democratic leaders,this isn't a few democrats pushing for it.

Honest question -- is this to mean that literally every democratic member actually supports this, or is it something like 60% of democrat legislators support it, or 70, etc? Exactly what the democratic caucus pushing for it means is important.