Bye Bye Flutie, Hello Brees

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
hopefully Brees has a good decision making ability and some intelligence, so he can actually be a decent QB in the pros. (see: Ryan Leaf)

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
Brees is going to be a good one. He is a great decision maker and has a good head on his shoulder.

The Chargers are making the right decision for their future.

Reliant

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I have been a Chargers fan my whole life.
These last couple of years have been really hard to watch, so hopefully we are making
a right choice here.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think Flutie is a great QB, don't know anything about Brees though.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: flavio

From what I understand about him, even with his good performances in buffalo, is that you never know what you're going to get week to week and consistency even during the game is pitiful. However he won some big games for them.

Brees was a steal in the draft, 2nd round wasn't it? Good for him.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Brees is one of the best QBs to have played for Purdue University. Took them to the Rose Bowl in 99-00 season.

tm37

Lifer
Jan 24, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
Brees is one of the best QBs to have played for Purdue University. Took them to the Rose Bowl in 99-00 season.

Who are the other Purdue QB's?;)

Ok I am For this and as a charger fan I can't wait for the season to start. (I never can) I just hope Marty lets the kid make some mistakes and allows him to grow. If he puts him on too short a leash and yanks him out every game his confidence could suffer.

GO CHARGERS!:Q

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000
the bolts need good wideout to support Brees. they need a Randy moss or Terrell Owen kind of wide out. And Quinten Jammer better sign is contract soon and get some playing time. I hope LT would get a Marshall kind of season.