BWHAHAa, PWNED a guy on pokerroom

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
eh...he screwed up and definitely played wrong. When that last club came out, he shoulda folded. 4 clubs in the community means that he's banking you have no clubs in the pocket to flush his trips which is a loser's bet. Up to that point, you were likely representing a flush. Since he can't see you in person to check your demeanor, it's a losing situation.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
So let's see, you're playing poker for no money, which is essentially cutting for high card. No element of gambling = no element of skill. You can't bluff, you can't manage money and in Hold'em you don't even decide which cards to keep like in draw poker. All you do is sit there mindlessly while the cyber-dealer turns over a couple of cards and tells you which person got the highest hand. And you're bragging that you got a straight flush? So???? Did you contribute to that straight flush in any way? Face it, a blind, one-armed chimp with epilepsy has the same chance of getting a straight flush.

Pull up a chair.

rival

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2001
we played the other night, i think the pot got up to 10k+...i think i lost 9k in one hand

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
So let's see, you're playing poker for no money, which is essentially cutting for high card. No element of gambling = no element of skill. You can't bluff, you can't manage money and in Hold'em you don't even decide which cards to keep like in draw poker. All you do is sit there mindlessly while the cyber-dealer turns over a couple of cards and tells you which person got the highest hand. And you're bragging that you got a straight flush? So???? Did you contribute to that straight flush in any way? Face it, a blind, one-armed chimp with epilepsy has the same chance of getting a straight flush.

pwn3d.

bradolson

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
www.gottadeal.com
that's great. i've beaten so many guys on partypoker for real $. they keep raising with nothing to try to scare me away, and then when the hands are shown, they quickly leave the table, lol.

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
**** Hand History for Game 311998909 *****
Table Card Room Table 3705 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 8: kayvebear ( $165.25 )
Seat 3: Me ( $68 )
Seat 6: ExecutiveBoy ( $90.4 )
Seat 5: phartmann ( $124.2 )
Seat 10: waelsoccer1 ( $61.5 )
Seat 4: erk217 ( $13.1 )
Seat 7: MadanGia ( $65.15 )
Seat 9: Gengar ( $43.15 )
Seat 1: CoolHnd ( $37 )
waelsoccer1 posts small blind [$0.5].
CoolHnd posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Me [ 4c 3c ]
Me calls [$1].
erk217 calls [$1].
phartmann calls [$1].
ExecutiveBoy folds.
MadanGia folds.
kayvebear calls [$1].
Gengar folds.
waelsoccer1 calls [$0.5].
CoolHnd checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 5c, 7s ]
waelsoccer1 checks.
CoolHnd checks.
Me checks.
erk217 bets [$3].
phartmann raises [$10].
kayvebear folds.
waelsoccer1 folds.
CoolHnd folds.
Me raises to all-In.
erk217 calls all-In.
phartmann calls [$57].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3d ]
** Dealing River ** [ Jc ]
phartmann shows a pair of eights.
Me shows a straight, three to seven.
erk217 shows three of a kind, sixes.
Me wins $108.90 from side pot #1 with a straight, three to seven.
Me wins $40.20 from the main pot with a straight, three to seven.

<--- Me
Playing NL $50 at PartyPoker :)
and yes, it's real