Buying washer and dryer: Does Sears or Home Depot install (second floor)>

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I need a new washer and dryer and am thinking about buying the LG Tromm entry level washer dryer.

Cheaper at Home Depot ($630 each) vs. Sears ($800 + $700).

Will Sears price-match Home Depot online price?

And will both companies deliver washer dryer up to second floor where they are to be installed?

Sears:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_1...ame=Front-Load+Washers
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_1...26+Dryers&sName=Dryers

Home Depot:
http://www.homedepot.com/webap...D=401&locStoreNum=8125
http://www.homedepot.com/webap...D=401&locStoreNum=8125

These things apparently weigh about 170 lbs, so I really want to buy from someone who will ideally install, or at least deliver to second floor.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Why not ask them? I'm sure they have 800 numbers for these kind of questions.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Call & ask, but the Sunday paper usually has free delivery and financing offers in the flyers.

My mom is doing this and she told me the free installation is only for electric -- gas appliances apparently require you to have some certified third party come in and do some of the work. She isn't great with details so take that with a grain of salt.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
The actual install I think I can do myself.

My main concern is which delivery service will carry heavy (170 lbs.) washer and dryer up one flight of stairs to second floor, where washer and dryer will be installed.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Call & ask, but the Sunday paper usually has free delivery and financing offers in the flyers.

My mom is doing this and she told me the free installation is only for electric -- gas appliances apparently require you to have some certified third party come in and do some of the work. She isn't great with details so take that with a grain of salt.
Your mom is right. How dare you doubt her!!!:p

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yes, they will all deliver and install on 2nd and 3rd floors. And yes, Sears will price match.

You should have done it last week b/c you could have price matched at Sears and gotten an additional 15% off on both units with free delivery and install. I did and got them for $1200 and change.

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
Anybody see any good deals on the LG Tromm entry level washer dryer this week?

Or is the Home Depot $629 + tax each and shipping the best I'm going to be able to do?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
1-800-79-Depot for HD may help you out. Just keep in mind, installation is very different than just delivery.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ
1-800-79-Depot for HD may help you out. Just keep in mind, installation is very different than just delivery.

yup delivery is to your curb or possibly your front door

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Just do yourself a favor and avoid Sears like it is a shithole... wait, it is. They sell junk. Even if it is the same manufacturer and model as a different store, at Sears you are guaranteed junk.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: BigJ

yup delivery is to your curb or possibly your front door

I know Sears, Lowes and Best Buy provide Delivery with Installation. I can only assume Home Depot does also.

This week, the best price is Home Depot though you can go to Sears and have them provide a 110% price match.

WarhammerUC

Aug 6, 2007
I got the free delivery from HD on my LG tromm.. mine was 1 flight of stairs down to the basement..

They had 2 people during my delivery. 1 washer and 1 dryer (gas).

They came, pop my side doors off and bought the units in. I got the drawers on the bottom also. They installed the washer units, level it (very important) and did a test.

The dryer was assemble only and I had to connect the gas line myself.. Unfortunately the gas line in my house was larger than the conversion kit they sold me.. so i had to have a guy come in with the right fittings

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
Just do yourself a favor and avoid Sears like it is a shithole... wait, it is. They sell junk. Even if it is the same manufacturer and model as a different store, at Sears you are guaranteed junk.

rofl.
Care to explain your opinions?

mshan

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2004
I called that number and they said they would deliver to hookups on second floor.