Buying USB cables

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
After some help from the four legging kind, I'm short of charging cables and looking for recommendations for more usb-micro cables. The samsung ones are the best I've come across as far as fit with a variety of devices. Anker/aukey have been too loose. I'd just buy more samsung ones but I don't see how you can wade through all the fake crap posted. Help?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I like the sabrent ones I got off amazon when they were on sale. I liked the monoprice lower gauge ones I bought before as well.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I prefer the braided USB-C and MicroUSB cables - and I find the Inateck brand on Amazon to be top notch. I have quick charge 3.0 wall warts in every room at home and the Inateck cables do the job admirably, plus in the car as well.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
They all suck IMO. I have gone through at least 50 different brands. Micro USB was the worst connector ever. Thank goodness all my devices are USB C now. The best Micro USB cable I have still is the one that came with my MS Xbox Elite controller.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm using Amazon basics for standard ones, the only time I buy anything else is if I want any right angled ones for any reason (I should post my awesome magnetic, wireless charging car mount at some point)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm using Amazon basics for standard ones, the only time I buy anything else is if I want any right angled ones for any reason (I should post my awesome magnetic, wireless charging car mount at some point)

Saw a lot of bad reviews about the basic ones coming apart and didn't particularly care for the usb hub I bought from them either.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Saw a lot of bad reviews about the basic ones coming apart and didn't particularly care for the usb hub I bought from them either.

Mine have been absolutely fine, been using a variety of lengths of them for years.

Then again I don't normally have a lot of problems with USB cables, I always wonder what people must be doing to them to break them.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Mine have been absolutely fine, been using a variety of lengths of them for years.

Then again I don't normally have a lot of problems with USB cables, I always wonder what people must be doing to them to break them.
At work my office chair usually rolls over them. At home I have at any given time, 10 devices charging. Lot of plugging and unplugging. Micro USB cables are crap, regardless of brand and such. USB C has been great so far. Have yet to bust one of those. I also go through a few iDevice cables as well.