Buying pop/soda online in bulk?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: rudeguy
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: Leros
its too heavy to ship, buy it locally

Uh, not necessarily. Didn't someone here buy like a pallet of Mountain Dew from one of the Office Supply stores that had some free shipping deal.

Are you talking about the old Office Depot pop scam? Buy 17 cases of 12 ounces cans @$2.99 each. Throw in a filler and use the $15 off of $50 coupon. They didn't charge deposit online, so you would get $20.40 back from the deposit making your total cost ~$15 or $.07 a can.

No, someone definitely bought more then that.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: S Freud
I would call your local Pepsi distribution plant and see if you can get it through them.
Hah, or else bring a beefy pickup truck, and see if they can drop-ship a pallet of it right onto your truckbed. :D

I did something like that at Walmart with wood pellets. Customer paid in the store, and I loaded a full pallet right onto the guy's pickup with a forklift.
It was nice to be one of the few employees that management would trust with using a forklift around a customer's vehicle, in that I would not cause any damage with it, much less anything catastrophic. :)