Buying new charger (Old 6.32A) and (new 6.3A)

scorpionana

Apr 16, 2019
Hello. I need to buy a new charger for laptop. The old one was 19V 6.32A. The new one that I want to buy is 19V 6.3A. Both have the same polarity. My Question: is it ok to buy the new charger with 0.02A less than the old one? I read that the (A) should be same or higher so I am not sure. Thanks

Last edited:

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
Recommend purchasing "OEM" from eBay.

Not a big fan of 3rd parties on these major tech websites where accountability is difficult to swallow.
eBay holds sellers accountable for accuracy and delivery speed, monitoring all official messages communicating between sellers and buyers.

Reason why you won't find a lot of certain tech OEM items on Amazon, because Amazon cheats and does shady things with tech companies.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'd even be careful buying an "OEM" charger on Ebay. So many counterfeit ones out there.

The very few times I've had to replace a charger, I usually get one from the manufacturer. Many times if you use discount codes found on sites like Slickdeals, the price is usually only a few dollars more. Outside of that, if you still go with a unit from sites like Ebay or Amazon, make sure it is from a seller with an established history, with very few negative feedback from users.

Reactions: fire400