Buying IPOD at Applestore w/ student discount?

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
You can get the student discount in the store on hardware, but not software. At least that's what they told me last time I was in there buying something.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
You can do it in the store, but they will ask for your student ID.

About a month and a half ago, I got a new macbook and an ipod on the student discount off of the website, and since I am not a student, it is nice that they do not make you prove it through the education store. :D

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: AgentUnknown
Can I buy a ipod at a B&M applestore and get the student discount or is it online only?

Here's an idea ... how bout you call the store and ask them? :confused:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: purbeast0
Originally posted by: AgentUnknown
Can I buy a ipod at a B&M applestore and get the student discount or is it online only?
Maybe cuz its a long road trip to the store and he doesnt wanna go out there to be disappointed.

Having said that, I cannot figure out why he hasnt called the store.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Maybe cuz its a long road trip to the store and he doesnt wanna go out there to be disappointed.

That's the stupidest possible reason not to call the store. Hey, I don't want to drive all the way to the store if they can't give me the discount, therefore I won't call ahead and ask!

:confused:

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Man, that's what anandtech is for. To get your questions answered at a touch of a keyboard. How many times have u guys done that?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: notfred
Originally posted by: shortylickens
That's the stupidest possible reason not to call the store. Hey, I don't want to drive all the way to the store if they can't give me the discount, therefore I won't call ahead and ask!
:confused:
You have VERY selective reading habits.
Are you a Christian?

(J/K)