Buying a PS3?

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Heh, I think it's time to get me a PS2... I've never had one. I think I missed out on a ton of games.

The good thing is, it'll be way cheaper.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
I bought a PS2 about 1.5yr ago..don't really play it much -- mostly GT4 when I do play.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I thought I hated the PS2 before I got one; now I realize that all those really good RPGs were real.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac
I thought I hated the PS2 before I got one; now I realize that all those really good RPGs were real.

I have yet to play any PS2 RPGs...should I start, or will I become addicted? :p

ed0ggyd0gg

Aug 30, 2006
Metal Gear Solid is definitely enjoyable. FF7 was the most appealing out of the series in my opinion.

ed0ggyd0gg

Aug 30, 2006
Originally posted by: CadetLee

Try Chrono Trigger, Xenogear, and Final Fantasy 7. You'll definitely get some good game time in, though I can't say you won't get addicted.

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
Gotta play Metal Gear Solid and FF. MGS3 is amazing, one of my favorite games of all time. I think FFX is overrated, but XII is looking really good.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: edoggydogg

Try Chrono Trigger, Xenogear, and Final Fantasy 7. You'll definitely get some good game time in, though I can't say you won't get addicted.

I'd love to play Final Fantasy 7 if it didn't cost $50 used.

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
No need to buy a PS2 to play PS1 games. Any modern PC can emulate the PS1 just fine.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: mugs

I'd love to play Final Fantasy 7 if it didn't cost $50 used.

emu*coughcoughcough* er, what was that? I'm LATE? I see... it.

Um, anyway... even the cheesy stereotypical japanese RPGs are fun to play on PS2. Star Ocean, FFX (which I liked quite a bit), Xenosaga, etc etc.

There is simply such a large selection of great games on the PS2 that it's pretty easy to justify a purchase.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

woah...for a minute there, I thought this was another thread about buying a PS3...