Buying a girl drinks

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
haha...another off topic story...
i was in Mt. Pleasant, MI, (home of Central Michigan University) at the main (and pretty much only) bar and it was getting close to last call (2am). I had done about 6 jager bombs and been drinking beer after beer all night long. I started talking to my gf on the dance floor and the next thing i knew, i turned my head and threw up all over the dance floor. Panicking, i ran to the bathroom to spit up some more, and gracefully came back out to dance some more. We started walking back to the main bar area and i ordered one last drink, and i blew up all over the bar. It was disgusting! Thankfully, it was 2am at this point, so everybody was rushing out of the bar and nobody saw me explode. My friends will never let this story die.

-=bmacd=-

man you are the coolest guy ever, you get soo drunk you start yakking all ove r the place and when you are done yakking you order more to drink and yak some more. dude that is soo awesome! no wonder you are soo smooth with the ladies.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Ameesh
haha...another off topic story...
i was in Mt. Pleasant, MI, (home of Central Michigan University) at the main (and pretty much only) bar and it was getting close to last call (2am). I had done about 6 jager bombs and been drinking beer after beer all night long. I started talking to my gf on the dance floor and the next thing i knew, i turned my head and threw up all over the dance floor. Panicking, i ran to the bathroom to spit up some more, and gracefully came back out to dance some more. We started walking back to the main bar area and i ordered one last drink, and i blew up all over the bar. It was disgusting! Thankfully, it was 2am at this point, so everybody was rushing out of the bar and nobody saw me explode. My friends will never let this story die.

-=bmacd=-

man you are the coolest guy ever, you get soo drunk you start yakking all ove r the place and when you are done yakking you order more to drink and yak some more. dude that is soo awesome! no wonder you are soo smooth with the ladies.

Hey be careful you almost stepped on Super Drinker's cape!

Originally posted by: DaiShan
Originally posted by: gigapet
buying drinks for women spells out L-O-S-E-R on your forehead.

As general policy I do not do it. If they are my friends and I'm feeling generous is the only exception.

Why buy someone anything that hasnt done anything to desrve it? If your gonna piss money away at least give it to charity.

Lemme guess, you don't get a lot of play?

I have always found that the guys who go out of their way to please a girl usually end up at the end of the night pleasing themselves.

sillymofo

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
A warm glass of "Shut the hell Up", served ala "Buy yer own damn drinks" style, or you can go with "You drink what I got, cuz it's free, biatch!"

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

It was my first time throwing up...gimme a break :roll:

-=bmacd=-

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

-=bmacd=-

give you a break? :roll: youre the dumb asshole who went and tried to order another drink after you thow up on the dance floor and in the bathroom.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

-=bmacd=-

give you a break? :roll: youre the dumb asshole who went and tried to order another drink after you thow up on the dance floor and in the bathroom.

please...i'm begging for your forgiveness. I didn't realize how much it affected you. It won't happen again...dickhead.

-=bmacd=-

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Kwan1
heres my list.

1. cosmo
2. ameretto sour
3. melon ball
4. italian surfer

you?

It's not a formula.

First...don't always just buy a drink for a girl before even talking to her. Talk to her first...when she gets near the end of her drink...offer to buy her another.

If she is in the middle of a drink and you would like to buy her something early on...get a shot...although this tends to work less and less as girls get farther away from college...you have to make a judgement call there.

The sneakiest way to buy a girl a drink...and something I have found works A LOT is to wait for a girl you want to talk to go to get some drinks at a bar. Move in and get a drink yourself. As your doing so...tell the bartender to put it all on your bill (her drink). She will thank you ... and probably be willing to at least chat for a second...from that point on it is up to you. This strategy saves you from having to guess what to get her.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001

-=bmacd=-

damn, what the hell crawled up in your ass and died?

qaa541

Jun 25, 2004
buying drinks for women spells out L-O-S-E-R on your forehead.

As general policy I do not do it. If they are my friends and I'm feeling generous is the only exception.

Why buy someone anything that hasnt done anything to desrve it? If your gonna piss money away at least give it to charity.

Exactly!

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Cattlegod

-=bmacd=-

damn, what the hell crawled up in your ass and died?

My money is on rabies infected porcupine.

imported_vr6

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2001
LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.

I DO NOT BUY DRINKS FOR CHICKS FOR THE PURPOSE OF MEETING THEM.

this is just asking for suggestion on drinks that chicks like in general. When i go out with my g.f and some other chick friends of mine, they are clueless about what to get. Most of the time they just say "order something good".

so quit with the "only losers buy drinks for chicks" thing

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000

this is just asking for suggestion on drinks that chicks like in general. When i go out with my g.f and some other chick friends of mine, they are clueless about what to get. Most of the time they just say "order something good".

Then if they don't give you an answer that is an actual drink buy a pitcher of beer. If she doesn't like the beer she can go get herself her own drink. Indecisive women bug the crap out of me. My g/f tries to pull that on me when I go to the store. I don't know why women always expect men to read minds. Screw it, if she can't tell me what she wants she isn't getting what she wants.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003

I hear ya man. Most of the time, women don't know what type of drink to order. They usually just say "get something fruity and good". In fact if you hang around the bar you will hear numerous women actually order that like it's a drink or something "Bartender....can you make a drink that is fruity and good?" I hope we get some actual real answers in this thread. By the way, they usually like a good mai tai. Or anything with grapefuit juice as is masks the alcohol well. An Appletini is a decent drink to order them. Or for a good shot get a chilled (Red) Washington Apple...it's apple pucker tasting but packs the punch of a shot of whiskey b/c it is made with whiskey.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
just order them sprite and with a dsh of cranbeery and laugh as they pretend to be getting a buzz.

call them out on it at the end of hte night when they are slurring and stumbling.

imported_vr6

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2001
just order them sprite and with a dsh of cranbeery and laugh as they pretend to be getting a buzz.

call them out on it at the end of hte night when they are slurring and stumbling.

hahahah that seems like an good idea! but my g/f isn't gonna fall for that, you gotta get a real dumb broad for that!