Buyin a paintball gun, which one should I buy?

eLiTeGoodGuy

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
Aight I'm finally gonna do it. I need to know what the best deal on paintball guns are out there. Everyone is telling me to get a new gun and I need to, mine is always in the shop for repair. I'm not looking at a tipman or spyder or anything like that, I'm looking for alittle more high-end. I'm looking for around $1000 with a nitro tank on it. I found an 02 Angel LCD for around $900 and an 03 for only $50 more.

Anyone else have any recommendations? Possibly a high end autococker?

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
Get a Blackmagic Cocker, cost around 500 bucks which will leave you money to buy accessories and some upgrades even though you probably wont need them.

2003 Angel $850 with free shipping. I've bought from them before and they're pretty decent.

eLiTeGoodGuy

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
what's the difference between all the autocockers? I'm not sure there's Shocktec autocockers, reflex, blackmagic, etc...
plus do you know the rate of fire on these?

Yeah I found this one also
2003 Angel LCD
but I needed an l cheapo tank too, so that's how I came up with $950

Gunther

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2001
I have been out of the pb scene for a while, but I am pretty sure the angels are still pretty good. So I vote get a new angel :) But you might want to check out the bob long Intimidators, but don't know how good they are anymore.
I say forget autocockers and go electro. Yes people say they are more accurate and shoot further (I think it has more to do with that they are stable shooting platforms), but imo it all comes down to the player. I say get a gun that fits your shooting style and is the most comfortable for you. I would advise you next time you go out to the field ask people when they are chronoing their guns if you could shoot a few rounds, I have found most people pretty cool about this just don't empty their whole hopper :) Autocockers can have pretty good firing rates esp if you buy the custom ones, also the trigger pull can be pretty short, but you do have to pull the trigger a certain way otherwise you can mess up the cycle. I think electros are better in this area because if you think a mouse click is too much.... stop playing ;)
Remember that when you buy a gun you not only have to consider its performance, but its weight, maintenance, and ease of cleaning.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
how long have you been playing? i say get an impy and put the rest of the money in the bank haha

or be like me and buy a pump ;)

eLiTeGoodGuy

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2001
been playing off and on for about 6 years now... (wow has it been that long? I feel old now lol)
I have a shocker now, added a Glacier AT Board to it to make it Fully Auto via the trigger programming. but it's getting to be more of a pain in the a$$ now. it's ALWAYS in and out of service

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
i have a dark angel lcd and would recommend an angel to anyone that could afford one. however, you should consider the following. wait a few months (maybe 5 or 6) and pick up a used angel speed. they are $1000 now, but you might be able to pick up some used ones for 850 half a year from now. you can get more bang for you buck by going w/ some other guns, but for me there's nothing like the look and feel of an angel speed.

=|