Discussion Buyer beware. AMD.com sold Radeon VII only come with 1 year warranty + highly restrictive

tajoh111

Mar 28, 2005
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rma-radeonvii-sold-by-amd

To top it off, shipping is all paid by the consumer and only covers the original owner. This is the worst warranty I have ever seen for a videocard. For reference, Nvidia cards come with a 3 year length which is merely industry standard.

The terms for adding third party coolers is not very comforting either as well as the terms for changing volts or even under/overclocking.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOUR PRODUCT IF AMD DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT THE ALLEGED FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT TO MATERIALLY CONFORM TO THE SPECIFICATIONS DOES NOT EXIST OR WAS CAUSED BY, RELATED TO OR AROSE OUT OF MISUSE, NEGLECT, IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION OR TESTING, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO OPEN, ALTER, REPAIR OR MODIFY THE PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO REMOVE OR ALTER ORIGINAL IDENTIFICATION MARKINGS, OPERATION OUTSIDE OF THE SPECIFICATIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHERE CLOCK FREQUENCIES OR VOLTAGES HAVE BEEN ALTERED – EVEN WITH USE OF AMD SOFTWARE), COMBINATIONS WITH INCOMPATIBLE THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD PARTY VIRUS, INFECTION, WORM OR SIMILAR MALICIOUS CODE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THE INTENDED USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR BY ACCIDENT, FIRE, LIGHTNING, FLOOD, OTHER HAZARDS, OR ACTS OF GOD. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY TO PRODUCTS USED FOR NUCLEAR RELATED, WEAPONS RELATED, MEDICAL OR LIFE SAVING PURPOSES, OR ANY OTHER SITUATION WHERE THE FAILURE OF SUCH PRODUCTS MIGHT BE REASONABLY EXPECTED TO CAUSE INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.

In comparison, this is Nvidia's.

WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY NOT COVER?
Any problems that do not relate specifically to a manufacturing defect or hardware product failure, including, but not limited to, problems caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, act of God (such as flood), misapplication of service by a party other than an authorized service representative, software, shipment damages, etc.

Buy AIB partners if you want any sort of resale value to gamers because 16gb of memory is nice but if it loses support in 1 year on top of having no warranty altogether for another buyer, expect a significant drop in selling price.

Feld

Aug 6, 2015
Wow, that's really bad form by AMD. At a minimum, the cards should have a transferable 3-year warranty.

hdfxst

May 13, 2009
so people that are buying these on ebay are getting a new card with no warranty

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Isn't that standard with most vendors? I don't see any issue with AMD's warranty. Those are pro-sumer cards, after all.

Not every company is like EVGA when it comes to warranties.

Edit: For example, what are Sapphire's and DiamondMM's warranty policies? I think that they are more like AMD's, than you folks would like to admit.

https://support.sapphiretech.com/warranty.asp?lang=eng

Non-tranferrable, no heatsink removal permitted.

Last edited:

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Isn't that standard with most vendors? I don't see any issue with AMD's warranty. Those are pro-sumer cards, after all.
When compared directly to Nvidias 3 year warranty, that may put off many potential buyers.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012

True for most warranties. Want a real shocker? Even if you buy items from Newegg's ebay store front, the warranty won't be honored by many companies because it was sold through ebay.

The 1 year warranty isn't great but I think Vega FE was the same if I remember right. I think AMD should probably extend it at least to 2 years, that would put it in line with the industry standard (2 -3 years).

The rest, including the no 3rd party cooler and non-transferable, is also pretty standard for the industry and most industries actually.

This post applies mostly to the U.S., I know other countries have different rules for what warranties have to honor at a basic level (like transferability).

Reactions: ZGR

tajoh111

Mar 28, 2005

Not every company is like EVGA when it comes to warranties.

Edit: For example, what are Sapphire's and DiamondMM's warranty policies? I think that they are more like AMD's, than you folks would like to admit.

https://support.sapphiretech.com/warranty.asp?lang=eng

Non-tranferrable, no heatsink removal permitted.

Not good ones like Evga or even xfx.

The problem it took at mix and match of the characteristics for a bad warranty and combined them altogether and hide it on AMD website. Try to find the terms and they can be only be found when you add the product to your cart, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click a link that says have any questions and click a few more times. The actual product page it is missing. It's also missing on the warranty and support page. When a warranty is so below the bar, something needs to be specified particularly since a 700 dollar product should imply a such(and the frontier edition should have come with a better warranty) considi

No shipping covered and even more restrictive than those warranties. More terms basically blocks you. Basically the longer the list, the more outs AMD has to void your warranty. This is on top of being none transferable, being 1 year in length and very difficult to find(the length and terms) means a lot of people are definitely not aware of it. Look below

True for most warranties. Want a real shocker? Even if you buy items from Newegg's ebay store front, the warranty won't be honored by many companies because it was sold through ebay.

The 1 year warranty isn't great but I think Vega FE was the same if I remember right. I think AMD should probably extend it at least to 2 years, that would put it in line with the industry standard (2 -3 years).

The rest, including the no 3rd party cooler and non-transferable, is also pretty standard for the industry and most industries actually.

This post applies mostly to the U.S., I know other countries have different rules for what warranties have to honor at a basic level (like transferability).

The problem is AMD is very specific which covers their basis and allows the to void your warranty much easier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Any warrantor warranting a consumer product to a consumer by means of a written warranty must disclose, fully and conspicuously, in simple and readily understood language, the terms and conditions of the warranty to the extent required by rules of the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC has enacted regulations governing the disclosure of written consumer product warranty terms and conditions on consumer products actually costing the consumer more than $5. The Rules can be found at 16 C.F.R. Part 700.

Under the terms of the Act, ambiguous statements in a warranty are construed against the drafter of the warranty.

Likewise, service contracts must fully, clearly, and conspicuously disclose their terms and conditions in simple and readily understood language.

The more specific the contract in terms of scenarios and judgement, the more AMD is protected against you filing a claim. This on top of the sole discretion clause.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOUR PRODUCT IF AMD DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.

https://www.lawinsider.com/clause/sole-and-absolute-discretion

It gives AMD all the power in the world to void your warranty unless you want to bring them to court. This is the worst warranty ever because it gives AMD all the power and gives them essentially all the possibilities to void your warranty.

E.g Your card is sent to AMD, they deem it fried because of improper operating conditions. You have it sent back at your cost and have it looked at by an electrical engineer, they say it was an electronics failure. Unless you want to bring it to court, your SOL even with that second opinion because of the sole discretion clause. No mediators or third party opinions to even out the odds since AMD is clearly the beneficiary if they void your warranty.

This warranty isn't just not great, it's anti consumer because it doesn't protect the consumer but protects AMD from filing a warranty claim on top of its length and terms being the worst in the industry and being difficult to find before purchase. When you add in that AMD.com is readily available compared to partners, this looks a pure greed move(because buying from partners would give consumers better warranty at the expense of AMD of AMD absorbing the partner and retailer margin) which somehow some people people are willing to overlook because of poor generalizations(it's almost as bad as the worst warranties in the business which means its industry practice) and allows AMD to get away with lowering the bar because they are somehow not as bad as Nvidia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Feld

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Has anyone on this forum (other than me) actually bought a Radeon VII?

I bought the XFX-branded Radeon VII from Newegg which comes with a 2-year warranty. The credit card I used to pay for the purchase has a 2-year warranty extension feature. I have four years of warranty coverage on the card... doubt I'll ever have to use it.

Last video card I RMA'd was a Gigabyte 7970. It has literally been over 6 years since I had to RMA a video card, despite purchasing 30+ video cards in that timeframe.

Reactions: ZipSpeed

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
E.g Your card is sent to AMD, they deem it fried because of improper operating conditions. You have it sent back at your cost and have it looked at by an electrical engineer, they say it was an electronics failure. Unless you want to bring it to court, your SOL even with that second opinion because of the sole discretion clause. No mediators or third party opinions to even out the odds since AMD is clearly the beneficiary if they void your warranty.

Sounds like just about every component manufacturer out there.

I've seen threads here from users telling others not to buy Intel, AMD, Gigabyte, Asrock, Asus, MSI, Abit, Soyo, Iwill, XFX, EVGA, Sapphire, Zotac, Creative, Samsung, Crucial, Mushkin, Adata, Corsair, etc. because they claim the company "lied and screwed them out of honoring their warranty".

If a person is truly concerned about having a good, fast warranty experience, buy an extended warranty (or buy it with a credit card that gives you protection).

tajoh111

Mar 28, 2005
I didn't check them all, but looking at newegg, most the the Radeon VII's have a 2 year warranty. I only saw one, ASUS had a 3 year, so whats the big deal ? Just had to make AMD look bad ?

AMD warranty is not even 2 years, it is only 1 on top of giving AMD every right to void your warranty and nearly the final say unless you want to bring them to court.

https://www.diamondmm.com/diamond-multimedia-product-warranty/

DURING THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD, IT IS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF DIAMOND MULTIMEDIA TO REPAIR OR REPLACE ANY DEFECTIVE COMPONENTS THAT DIAMOND MULTIMEDIA AGREES TO BE UNDER THE CONDITIONS OF THE WARRANTY.

This is the second worst warranty out there but the sole discretion is simply whether to replace or repair or give you credit. AMD sole discretionary power in the links shown above give them the right to void their warranty at their judgement.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO YOUR PRODUCT IF AMD DETERMINES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT THE ALLEGED FAILURE OF THE PRODUCT TO MATERIALLY CONFORM TO THE SPECIFICATIONS DOES NOT EXIST OR WAS CAUSED BY, RELATED TO OR AROSE OUT OF MISUSE, NEGLECT, IMPROPER USE, INSTALLATION OR TESTING, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO OPEN, ALTER, REPAIR OR MODIFY THE PRODUCT OR SOFTWARE, UNAUTHORIZED ATTEMPTS TO REMOVE OR ALTER ORIGINAL IDENTIFICATION MARKINGS, OPERATION OUTSIDE OF THE SPECIFICATIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHERE CLOCK FREQUENCIES OR VOLTAGES HAVE BEEN ALTERED – EVEN WITH USE OF AMD SOFTWARE), COMBINATIONS WITH INCOMPATIBLE THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THIRD PARTY VIRUS, INFECTION, WORM OR SIMILAR MALICIOUS CODE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF THE INTENDED USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR BY ACCIDENT, FIRE, LIGHTNING, FLOOD, OTHER HAZARDS, OR ACTS OF GOD. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY TO PRODUCTS USED FOR NUCLEAR RELATED, WEAPONS RELATED, MEDICAL OR LIFE SAVING PURPOSES, OR ANY OTHER SITUATION WHERE THE FAILURE OF SUCH PRODUCTS MIGHT BE REASONABLY EXPECTED TO CAUSE INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.

If you look at some forums, people did know about the 1 year warranty or the limited terms and are pissed because they already bought the product and had no idea the warranty fell below industry standard so much. This is not people trying to make AMD look bad, this is AMD being bad.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
@tajoh111. Its obvious you don't like AMD, stop repeating your post test of their warranty, its annoying. I have an instance from Gigabyte of many years ago with a witness from this forum where they lied about a motherboard and did not honor the warranty. I simply will never buy from them again. Do you have an example where AMD did that ?

tajoh111

Mar 28, 2005
Sounds like just about every component manufacturer out there.

I've seen threads here from users telling others not to buy Intel, AMD, Gigabyte, Asrock, Asus, MSI, Abit, Soyo, Iwill, XFX, EVGA, Sapphire, Zotac, Creative, Samsung, Crucial, Mushkin, Adata, Corsair, etc. because they claim the company "lied and screwed them out of honoring their warranty".

If a person is truly concerned about having a good, fast warranty experience, buy an extended warranty (or buy it with a credit card that gives you protection).

Not true.

The sole discretion clause and the specificness of the terms protect AMD and not you.

Where one warranty can say modded, AMD terms specifically say change in clocks and volts.

Because of the act I specified, your protected if your using AMD software since your operating under allowable variables allowed by the software which would be reasonable assumption.

Now with AMD warranty say your card fails and dies and it had a small undervolt on it and it failed because of natural defects and electrical failure. AMD sole discretionary clause gives them the right to void your warranty because they have the final say on the matter, e.g your card was underclocked, it caused electrical damage. End of story. No arbitration. Makes no sense but the sole discretionary gives them that power and it's included in an abusive manner because it outlines so many different scenarios where they can void your warranty with extreme prejudice(any change to clocks/volts regardless of the magnitude). This is not a normal warranty and is far worse than other manufacturer.

If you want to buy Vega VII, buy it from another partner

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
The problem is AMD is very specific which covers their basis and allows the to void your warranty much easier.

I'd rather a specific warranty than a vague one which they are going to use to deny your claim anyway, which is what happens.

It gives AMD all the power in the world to void your warranty unless you want to bring them to court.

And the difference from any other warranty by any other company in this regard is. . .?

This is the worst warranty ever

Hyperbole much? How about the mining cards that came out with a 3 month warranty? I've run into plenty of warranties that expired in weeks or months, not years.

because it gives AMD all the power and gives them essentially all the possibilities to void your warranty.

And the difference from any other warranty by any other company in this regard is. . .? Why would any company give you power against their warranty terms in their warranty? It makes no sense.

Again, no difference from a multitude of other warranties. Forums are littered with these exact stories for many different companies.

This warranty isn't just not great, it's anti consumer because it doesn't protect the consumer but protects AMD from filing a warranty claim

Show me 1 warranty written for the US that protects the consumer. . .

on top of its length and terms being the worst in the industry and being difficult to find before purchase. When you add in that AMD.com is readily available compared to partners, this looks a pure greed move(because buying from partners would give consumers better warranty at the expense of AMD of AMD absorbing the partner and retailer margin) which somehow some people people are willing to overlook because of poor generalizations(it's almost as bad as the worst warranties in the business which means its industry practice) and allows AMD to get away with lowering the bar because they are somehow not as bad as Nvidia.

meh, more hyperbole.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005

You are better off saying the item was a gift than say you bought on ebay, although sometimes companies don't ask and you can get away with warranty service.

tajoh111

Mar 28, 2005
@tajoh111. Its obvious you don't like AMD, stop repeating your post test of their warranty, its annoying. I have an instance from Gigabyte of many years ago with a witness from this forum where they lied about a motherboard and did not honor the warranty. I simply will never buy from them again. Do you have an example where AMD did that ?

I am backing this up with laws, facts and showing why it is worse warranty not only via length but the terms to end your warranty.

Why is this relevant because even AMD fans don't like it, people who have purchased the card.

An example like below.

https://hardforum.com/threads/radeo...-with-3-games.1975189/page-19#post-1044073510

These thread was made before my post which show some buyer wanting to return the card and rightfully so. On length alone AMD is the worst warranty and the conditions and its clear it's a bad warranty. People still have the option to return their cards and get cards with at the same price but double or triple the warranty with AIB. This is the smart thing to do not only for resale but long terms headaches. Particularly if someone buys a card which is mined on.

When I passed this information to someone on overclock.net about this warranty

https://www.overclock.net/forum/27852460-post58.html

They had a natural reaction, returned the card and are better off for it because they will now have a card with a longer warranty and will be buying the card on their own terms(fully aware of what they are getting). So why bury it if consumers benefit from this. Even Kyle Bennett supports it who's been extra nice to AMD.

https://hardforum.com/threads/radeon-vii-having-problems.1976882/page-2#post-1044080536

Don't you think buyers have a right to know about the length and terms of this warranty when it is difficult to find on the AMD website and is not widely known knowledge.

AMD processors have 3 year warranties and their terms are less restrictive as shown below.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03

No sole discretion to void warranty, just the type or repair you get. This is why we are not getting complaints for AMD processor warranty terms. It's a fair warranty and its also easy to find and this is largely what what they have been selling as hardware.

How long has AMD been making videocards and how many have they sold, with the terms outlined?

That's why we don't have many complaints now. The frontier edition was a poor seller. But with Radeon VII selling potentially exponentially more since Radeon VII are produced more for volume on top of AMD having most of the supply at the moment, the likelihood is much greater for people to buy this specific version of the Radeon VII.

People can buy a Radeon VII which is their right, but they should not buy a AMD.com Radeon VII when AIB partners cards are the same price, have double or triple the warranty in additional to having better warranty terms. Because Radeon VII at AMD.com website stock is the easiest to obtain, the likelihood of this mistake is very high. If AMD wants to right this, they need to double or triple their warranty which is a positive outcome for everyone(and perhaps make the terms less restrictive). Trying to bury this prevents this from happening. Companies getting a black eye can cause positive change? Nvidia cards supporting freesync for example or the cancellation of GPP. AMD doubling or tripling warranty is a positive outcome for everyone. If AMD want to semi succeed in selling graphics cards and not lose future good will, it is better for this change to happen now when its on a smaller scale. This is for their own benefit as well not just consumers. You think selling cards with terrible warranties(without people knowing it until its too late) is going to help their mindshare grow?

BTW, I have also called out Nvidia for their ANTI consumer prices such as their founders edition tax. When something sets a new precedent and likelihood lead to negative outcomes for consumer. Same with initial Titan prices.

Last edited:

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
Yesterday @tajoh111 reminded us about the biased crap @ub4ty filled the forum with before allowing it to return to normality.
Did anyone notice that after the Vega1 launch, Bacon1 stopped posting after hyping it up and a new account ub4ty popped up just before this and now ub4ty stopped posting after hyping up Navi and canceled their account after this Vega 2 launch/Navi no show.

Today @tajoh111 decided to compensate the void @ub4ty left and fill it with... more biased crap. (this time in favor of Nvidia so we don't get bored)

This thread is a barrel of fireworks waiting for a match.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
BTW, I have also called out Nvidia for their ANTI consumer prices such as their founders edition tax. When something sets a new precedent and likelihood lead to negative outcomes for consumer. Same with initial Titan prices.

However, you're basing all of your claims and concerns with the absolute worst case scenarios (and assumptions) that AMD is going to screw over all it's customers by denying all warranty claims.

As far as the "anti consumer" prices of Nvidia's Founders Edition cards (although they are cheaper this generation than many AIB cards), how is that anti consumer exactly? They charged more for their versions, yet consumers had the option to buy many different variations of the cards from their AIB partners (some cheaper, some more expensive). But I digress, this thread you created is about the warranty provided by AMD for their Radeon VII cards sold directly by them, so not going into that further and cluttering up this thread.......

Thank you kindly for pointing out to any potential customers who are considering buying a GPU directly from AMD. They can look closer into any warranty terms and conditions, and decide for themselves. You have done a tremendous service for all by calling out practices you don't agree with. Now all that's left for you to do is hang up your hat, and for the love of God, stop beating this dead horse. Instead, use all of that concern you have over their warranty terms and conditions by writing AMD's legal department directly.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Just a reminder here, remember to be civil at all times and refrain from member callouts and trolling.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Ok, so back on topic, the 1 year warranty isn't great, but this isn't anything new really. Keep in mind that many of these warranties from many companies aren't what they used to be. XFX used to have a double lifetime warranty. EVGA had lifetime warranties, as well as BFG. To save money, more companies have shortened warranties on some of their new products, and even may try to claim warranty is voided for whatever reason.

I am not saying this behavior is right, but it is reality and the best thing to do is buy a product with a good warranty if that is what you are after, and just miss the good old days. :p

That said, if you want to change this, you can vote with both your wallet, AND you can vote for your representative in congress (assuming USA customer) and encourage them to pass stricter consumer protection laws regarding warranties, like there are in EU.

Reactions: tajoh111

tajoh111

Mar 28, 2005
However, you're basing all of your claims and concerns with the absolute worst case scenarios (and assumptions) that AMD is going to screw over all it's customers by denying all warranty claims.

As far as the "anti consumer" prices of Nvidia's Founders Edition cards (although they are cheaper this generation than many AIB cards), how is that anti consumer exactly? They charged more for their versions, yet consumers had the option to buy many different variations of the cards from their AIB partners (some cheaper, some more expensive). But I digress, this thread you created is about the warranty provided by AMD for their Radeon VII cards sold directly by them, so not going into that further and cluttering up this thread.......

Thank you kindly for pointing out to any potential customers who are considering buying a GPU directly from AMD. They can look closer into any warranty terms and conditions, and decide for themselves. You have done a tremendous service for all by calling out practices you don't agree with. Now all that's left for you to do is hang up your hat, and for the love of God, stop beating this dead horse. Instead, use all of that concern you have over their warranty terms and conditions by writing AMD's legal department directly.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/25177887-post1896.html

I believe it's a scam set by the board partners and the Nvidia. At 599 and a cooler like the founders edition, it probably is a pain in the ass for partners.

The titan x/gtx 780 ti cooler is the best reference cooler out there and probably costs more than some AIB partner cards better cooling solutions. What this does is prevent partners from putting cheaper coolers on there base solution at the 599 price, because no one would but these ugly editions when its the same price as Nvidia, reference cooler and they are forced to buy Nvidia's reference cooler which eats into their margins.

What this high pricing for the reference cooler does is give more breathing room for partners for their cheaper cards and it allows the partners to sell butt ugly cards and make more profit because ugly editions actually sell at MSRP now. The problem is this has a intended side effect of increasing the price of partner cards and thus increasing their margins dramatically.

The titanesque cooler on reference cards at reference pricing was a good thing because it forced companies to put a better cooler on their card at only a marginal increase in price. This was because the titan cooler was so expensive, it was better to just give people a aftermarket looking cooler which in turn gave people better performance for the money.

This founders edition with the 100 dollar price increase is anti consumer because not only does it allow partners to put the bare minimum on the 599 cards, as compared to the 699 founders, they are viable sellers now, it justifies big price jumps in better than founders editions cards. This is terrible for the consumer but the partners probably love it. I hate the move and wish the Nvidia reference cooler was shoved into JHH @$# because this move is basically screwing consumers in the @$#. The worst thing is they will probably get away with it because AMD is not competing at the high end space for a while and Nvidia is the prestige brand.

My prediction came true.

Barebones on standard models generally and AIB partners selling well past founders edition pricing. Look at the coolers and boards of maxwell cards vs Pascal and Turing cards along with the prices. Big price jumps for AIB and cheaper cards at cards at starting MSRP. The only exception to this is the 60 series sort of but partners still tend to do barebones.

The reason why the cooler on 60 series is reasonable because it's where AMD has been most competive since GX106 cards from Nvidia have been the worst because of a struggle between shaders and memory bus.

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Ok, so back on topic, the 1 year warranty isn't great, but this isn't anything new really. Keep in mind that many of these warranties from many companies aren't what they used to be. XFX used to have a double lifetime warranty. EVGA had lifetime warranties, as well as BFG. To save money, more companies have shortened warranties on some of their new products, and even may try to claim warranty is voided for whatever reason.

I am not saying this behavior is right, but it is reality and the best thing to do is buy a product with a good warranty if that is what you are after, and just miss the good old days. :p

That said, if you want to change this, you can vote with both your wallet, AND you can vote for your representative in congress (assuming USA customer) and encourage them to pass stricter consumer protection laws regarding warranties, like there are in EU.

I apologize my last post was a little......pointed at the end of it.

But you can only take so much copy and pasting of legal terms and conditions, combined with a huge leap that AMD's GPU division (which needs about every little win it can manage at this point) is going to deny all warranties.

Like you said, the 1 year warranty is short (PNY has shorter GPU warranties as well), but if you're a person who is going to drop $700+ on a video card, it's up to the consumer to know what they are buying. Caveat Emptor.

My prediction came true.

Yeah, I'm just out of this discussion. It's time for me to hang up my hat, and mosey over to different pastures with my steed. :p