Discussion Buyer beware. AMD.com sold Radeon VII only come with 1 year warranty + highly restrictive

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UsandThem

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Quality parts always always always had quality warranties.

If you buy a cheap Vizio TV from Walmart you will get a 1 year warranty. If you buy a Samsung TV from Best Buy you will get a better extended warranty.
Wut? o_O

I bought a Samsung TV at Best Buy before, and it comes with the exact same warranty as a Vizio..........unless you pay extra and buy an extended warranty from Best Buy. It's the same exact thing buying a TV from really any place including Walmart, Target, etc. (outside of Costco who give an extra year warranty).

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Wut? o_O

I bought a Samsung TV at Best Buy before, and it comes with the exact same warranty as a Vizio..........unless you pay extra and buy an extended warranty from Best Buy. It's the same exact thing buying a TV from really any place including Walmart, Target, etc. (outside of Costco who give an extra year warranty).
Yep. 1 year is the norm now it looks like. Even the high dollar ones i looked at.

DeathReborn

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2005
The EU has a 2 year minimum warranty for electrical goods, this extends to components of said goods (GPU's, CPU's etc), which might be part of the reason AMD don't sell direct, they direct you to a retailer over on this side of the pond.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Quality parts always always always had quality warranties.

If you buy a cheap Vizio TV from Walmart you will get a 1 year warranty. If you buy a Samsung TV from Best Buy you will get a better extended warranty.
I think you have that backwards. Vizio's are better than the overpriced junk Samsung puts out. Although in reality, they have identical warranties.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Graphics Cards 6
urvile Graphics Cards 24