Buy through Uplay or Steam that runs Uplay?

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Looking to preorder Trials Evolution Gold, If I preorder through Uplay I get all preorder content. If I preorder through Steam I only get some of the preorder content plus it runs Uplay anyway. Would you buy through Steam or Uplay?

rstove02

Apr 19, 2004
I would buy the copy that does not need Uplay, but that is just me. Even though that is not one of the options listed.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
If you care that much about the preorder bonuses, get it through Uplay, you can still launch the game from Steam.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Ubisoft Logic: "Our previous invasive, unpleasant DRM never stopped pirates and only pissed off our loyal customers, so lets come up with an even worse DRM scheme and that will fix everything."

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Ubisoft Logic: "Our previous invasive, unpleasant DRM never stopped pirates and only pissed off our loyal customers, so lets come up with an even worse DRM scheme and that will fix everything."
Anti-Ubisoft logic: "I complained about Ubisoft's draconian DRM when it was implemented a few years ago. They made it better, removing the requirement to be online, but I'll call it worse, because the world isn't right unless I can complain about Ubisoft."

Mar 11, 2004
Good thing I saw this, the Steam page doesn't mention anything about UPlay and I would have considered it. I'll be sure to pass now though.

Anti-Ubisoft logic: "I complained about Ubisoft's draconian DRM when it was implemented a few years ago. They made it better, removing the requirement to be online, but I'll call it worse, because the world isn't right unless I can complain about Ubisoft."

I don't know how them making a small change so that its not totally atrocious makes it so people can't complain.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

You are so cute, the way you think you're smart and stuff.
I used to be like that too, when I was 13. By the time I was 14 I had grown out of it.

Good luck in life, pookie.
Yur gonna need it.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

This

U-play isn't bad, and actually the store is faster than steam's. Client updates are faster (or smaller?) as well so when it does update it doesn't hinder you too much. People bitch about the stupidest things.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Ubisoft does have 2 versions of Uplay as well. One for all their games on Steam which remove the store part of it and the other is the normal client with the store.

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
Ended up buying on Uplay. Got all the preorder stuff and Rayman Origins as well for free.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
I think we can all agree that Uplay is much better than anything Games For Windows Live. That is terrible DRM, can only install it three times and in Batman it might delete your saves due to a glitch.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
I don't know how them making a small change so that its not totally atrocious makes it so people can't complain.
A small change? That was the number one complaint about their DRM when it was implemented. Tell me, what about their DRM bothers you?