Buy Minecraft and get a free Gift Code this weekend

Nizology

Oct 13, 2004
I think everyone probably already owns it. lol

Good deal though. Notch posted this on his twitter feed.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
What I don't get its, the game is basically complete in every sense of his prior mission statement... Notch just needs to finalize the game and "go gold", so he can start working on his next projects.

Everyone who cares already owns it, its not going to sell millions of copies after he ends the beta unfortunately.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Gift code is a free copy of Minecraft that you can give someone else? Sounds like a game I could enjoy but I don't have the time for something like this.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I still have no idea what this game is about. :D

KT

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Looks like a Dire Straights video. How old is this game? :hmm:

Does not look very appealing to me, but thanks for the link.

KT

Still in beta, just over 1 yearish(not really sure when it was first released in Alpha) old. The thing about it is, that the Graphics takes second place to the Gameplay. Even though it's old school graphically, you'll often come across some terrain that is stunningly beautiful.

In Single Player you start out in a World that is completely unique(unless you enter in a preset Code). That World only generates an area a certain distance from where you are, but as you move through the World and it generates new area, that generated part of the World becomes permanent. If you decided to just start wandering as far/long as you could wander, the total size of that World would approach approximately the size of Earth. IOWs, it is extremely unlikely you can ever see the whole world. Due to the complexity these Maps become very Memory intensive, which is why Multiplayer Servers often limit the Map size. One of my Single Player Maps is over 100mb in size and my best guess is that it is approx 30km x 30km in size.

You can do anything you want. Every bit of the World can be Dug/Mined/Moved. There is a bottom layer you can't go past and a top height you can't go past either, but that leaves a huge area in which to work. Build a modern sky scraper, Hell on Earth, or whatever.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Still in beta, just over 1 yearish(not really sure when it was first released in Alpha) old. The thing about it is, that the Graphics takes second place to the Gameplay. Even though it's old school graphically, you'll often come across some terrain that is stunningly beautiful.

In Single Player you start out in a World that is completely unique(unless you enter in a preset Code). That World only generates an area a certain distance from where you are, but as you move through the World and it generates new area, that generated part of the World becomes permanent. If you decided to just start wandering as far/long as you could wander, the total size of that World would approach approximately the size of Earth. IOWs, it is extremely unlikely you can ever see the whole world. Due to the complexity these Maps become very Memory intensive, which is why Multiplayer Servers often limit the Map size. One of my Single Player Maps is over 100mb in size and my best guess is that it is approx 30km x 30km in size.

You can do anything you want. Every bit of the World can be Dug/Mined/Moved. There is a bottom layer you can't go past and a top height you can't go past either, but that leaves a huge area in which to work. Build a modern sky scraper, Hell on Earth, or whatever.

So it's just a giant sandbox. Is there a demo?

KT

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Keith, as a connoisseur of pc gaming you owe it to yourself to play this game.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
if they can get some type of pee brain AI that can try to attack you and destroy your blocks to get out you, this could be THE best zombie survival game ever.

Lotheron

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2002
if they can get some type of pee brain AI that can try to attack you and destroy your blocks to get out you, this could be THE best zombie survival game ever.

I believe the ENDERMAN in the next update (1.8) can move blocks. We'll see though.