Buy it online & BnM at the same time, but then returning the online one to the BnM...

elmer92413

Oct 23, 2004
A great thing to do if you need some hardware right away. I've also done this for school books. Especially handy when you are on campus all the time.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I bought a monitor online and it was defective. I had already sold my old monitor and didn't want to be without a monitor for the 1-2 weeks it was going to take to return the old one and get a new one shipped. So I bought the same monitor at a B&M and returned the broken one I bought online to the B&M. I guess that is a bit unethical.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mb
No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

wtf are you talking about?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Not really ethical IMO. The store invested a lot of money to have a B&M store there, and to keep inventory there, and the end result is you can get your stuff sooner. It's not ethical to take advantage of their investment and then return something to them that you bought somewhere else.

If you need it now, man up and pay the higher price.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: pyonir

Im glad Im not the only one thinking 'wtfbbq' on that.

Mar 11, 2004
This is a bit of a gray area, since you would be returning a new item to the store, its not like you're really trying to screw them over, but they do have overhead (processing the return, etc). Its even moreso if you're buying from the same company (so from Fry's and Outpost), as you're still giving the company business. While this might be something I'd do once, its not something I'd make a habit of (and chances are if you do, they'll flag you for the number of returns you make anyways).

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005

Google this, seriously.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: mugs
Not really ethical IMO. The store invested a lot of money to have a B&M store there, and to keep inventory there, and the end result is you can get your stuff sooner. It's not ethical to take advantage of their investment and then return something to them that you bought somewhere else.

If you need it now, man up and pay the higher price.

You might be surprised what some businesses consider "ethics".

That said, yeah, don't be in denial: You're dicking the business, whether they deserve it or not.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: Born2bwire

Google this, seriously.

Wow.. Slickdeals has a thread on this with 2,838 replies!!! Started back in Jan 2005 and still going strong! Bulk beef anyone?

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ih8regs
hate the game

No, I hate the immature, unethical assholes who do things like this and drive up prices for the rest of us.