Buy Frontier Airline stock

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MonkeyK

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
Thanks. So how is it that Nortwest Air (NWA) goes bankrupt and then two years later is worth billions? Where did all that wealth go or come from?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MonkeyK
Thanks. So how is it that Nortwest Air (NWA) goes bankrupt and then two years later is worth billions? Where did all that wealth go or come from?
Debt was able to be restructured or eliminated.

The value is in the assetts.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy

Gee, individuals can't do that but perfectly fine for the corporate thieves and criminals.

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Gee, individuals can't do that but perfectly fine for the corporate thieves and criminals.

Yeah... who's ever heard of an individual declaring bankruptcy....

Honestly, do you stay up all night thinking of ways to look like a fool, or does it just come to you?

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: bbdub333
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Yeah... who's ever heard of an individual declaring bankruptcy....

Honestly, do you stay up all night thinking of ways to look like a fool, or does it just come to you?

He doesn't have to think of ways to look like a fool.

He just has to open his mouth.......

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
My view-airline stocks (in general) are always a bad buy and are horribly risky. That view is doubly compounded in today's market.

And since Frontier is in Chapter 11, there is a not insignificant chance it's common stock will become worthless, or perhaps only worth a token amount. Buying Frontier now would be an extremely foolhardy decision.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
I am a half lawyer half finance guru working for one of the biggest banks in the world and I do this shit all day.
Now that's funny. "half lawyer half finance guru" is more like "complete idiot" :p

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
I am a half lawyer half finance guru working for one of the biggest banks in the world and I do this shit all day.
Now that's funny. "half lawyer half finance guru" is more like "complete idiot" :p

Depends on whether somebody questions my judgement about reading too many legal docs.

Then again, I must be on the right track if all anybody can do is laugh at the notion without countering the points. :)

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

Depends on whether somebody questions my judgement about reading too many legal docs.

Then again, I must be on the right track if all anybody can do is laugh at the notion without countering the points. :)

Well considering that your points have mainly been: "I'm a certified blah blah blah, trust me." it isn't too hard to counter your points.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Dissipate

Well considering that your points have mainly been: "I'm a certified blah blah blah, trust me." it isn't too hard to counter your points.

Ahh yes, that's all I have said. Since you're a little challenged, I will help you out. I am always willing to help those who *NEED* it.

The 70MM facility has several debtors, the largest of which is going to be WestLB. WFC only has a B-1 tranche. In all likelihood, WFC has less than 10% of the note structure, I am trying to find details now. An A note in this type of trust will only require minimal credit enhancement, probably less than 10%, maybe 8 of which will be a B note while the C note may be 2%.

The MSA is between Frontier and WFC in WFC's role as the collateral agent of the transaction. It has nothing to do with what Frontier owes WFC. WCF acts on behalf of a trust that owns the engines that Frontier uses. That agreement is more or less saying the Lenders own the engines and all proceeds as collateral. It looks like the trust leases the engines to Frontier, which is a common thing among these types of transaction. Other common sale-leaseback transactions are car rental (see Avis-Budget AESOP program) trusts.

You're really going to pull this shit on me? I eat these types of legal docs for 3 square meals a day, while running collateral and cashflow models in excel. Don't even try to fight this type of battle, you're a network engineer, I am a half lawyer half finance guru working for one of the biggest banks in the world and I do this shit all day.

Because dave loves to run around and "prove" his idiotic prognostications over and over. The very fact that he claims it was WFC and not the actual perp (First Data), while claiming WFC is desperate and is going down, only highlights his ignorance. Then, instead of admitting that he was wrong, he attempts to show that WFC is a major lender with that facility, when, in fact, it only has a very small part of it. WFC is just fine.

What the hell have you added to the conversation equal to the above, except for a snide remark intended to put me down. As usual, you add nothing, but a personal attack and bullcrap. I add much more.

Come back when you can do anything but ad hominems.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

Ahh yes, that's all I have said. Since you're a little challenged, I will help you out. I am always willing to help those who *NEED* it.

Ok, help me out and tell me what sector is going to be hot in the next 5 to 10 years. Also, tell us what your current holdings are in your own portfolio and let's track the performance.

I'm fairly certain that you COMPLETELY missed the explosive rise in gold and other commodities. You have no real advantage over any other joe six pack investor. You are just a lackey at some investment bank.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Ok, help me out and tell me what sector is going to be hot in the next 5 to 10 years. Also, tell us what your current holdings are in your own portfolio and let's track the performance.

I'm fairly certain that you COMPLETELY missed the explosive rise in gold and other commodities. You have no real advantage over any other joe six pack investor. You are just a lackey at some investment bank.

*yawn*.

More attacks, no substance. Thanks for showing your true colors.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Dude, settle down :p I was just making fun of your appointing yourself "half lawyer half finance guru". I didn't disagree with your point. You need a relaxing vacation :) Here ya go :beer:

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004

*yawn*.

You are what is called all hat and no cattle. Open up your own personal performance or stop giving 'expert' opinions. Simple as that.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000

The 70MM facility has several debtors, the largest of which is going to be WestLB. WFC only has a B-1 tranche. In all likelihood, WFC has less than 10% of the note structure, I am trying to find details now. An A note in this type of trust will only require minimal credit enhancement, probably less than 10%, maybe 8 of which will be a B note while the C note may be 2%.

The MSA is between Frontier and WFC in WFC's role as the collateral agent of the transaction. It has nothing to do with what Frontier owes WFC. WCF acts on behalf of a trust that owns the engines that Frontier uses. That agreement is more or less saying the Lenders own the engines and all proceeds as collateral. It looks like the trust leases the engines to Frontier, which is a common thing among these types of transaction. Other common sale-leaseback transactions are car rental (see Avis-Budget AESOP program) trusts.

You're really going to pull this shit on me? I eat these types of legal docs for 3 square meals a day, while running collateral and cashflow models in excel. Don't even try to fight this type of battle, you're a network engineer, I am a half lawyer half finance guru working for one of the biggest banks in the world and I do this shit all day.

Because dave loves to run around and "prove" his idiotic prognostications over and over. The very fact that he claims it was WFC and not the actual perp (First Data), while claiming WFC is desperate and is going down, only highlights his ignorance. Then, instead of admitting that he was wrong, he attempts to show that WFC is a major lender with that facility, when, in fact, it only has a very small part of it. WFC is just fine.

What the hell have you added to the conversation equal to the above, except for a snide remark intended to put me down. As usual, you add nothing, but a personal attack and bullcrap. I add much more.

Come back when you can do anything but ad hominems.

All I can say is that-the day after income taxes-you have managed to kill my last two functioning brain cells, LK.

And anyone who thinks anyone can predict the hot sectors 5-10 years out is already hopelessly addled. Proper investment management is a continuous activity-what's good to own now could be absolute poison two months down the road.

I stick by my earlier point though-airlines (and that means all airlines) are poison now and for the foreseeable future.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004

*yawn*.

You are what is called all hat and no cattle. Open up your own personal performance or stop giving 'expert' opinions. Simple as that.

What the hell are you talking about? LK showed the flat facts of Wells Fargo's involvement with Frontier and then supported his claim with documentation and then supported the finding of the documentation due to his position working in finance. It's like you're purposely being obtuse. Are you competing with Dave for the crappiest posts in this thread?

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: glutenberg

What the hell are you talking about? LK showed the flat facts of Wells Fargo's involvement with Frontier and then supported his claim with documentation and then supported the finding of the documentation due to his position working in finance. It's like you're purposely being obtuse. Are you competing with Dave for the crappiest posts in this thread?

I am tired of LK going from thread to thread touting his beloved 'credentials' without revealing his own performance. He's a lawyer, an investment banker, an financial guru, blah blah blah. Let's see the portfolio, or even some tax returns Mr. Guru.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

*yawn*.

And you're what I will now call a "regurgitating pukeball", whereby you have no substance, but are just regurgitated puke.

If you want to debate facts, then debate what I posted, because I post substance and credentials to back it up. Otherwise, you've got nothing and everybody knows it.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: glutenberg

I am tired of LK going from thread to thread touting his beloved 'credentials' without revealing his own performance. He's a lawyer, an investment banker, an financial guru, blah blah blah. Let's see the portfolio, or even some tax returns Mr. Guru.

He's an investment banker, not a stock broker, not a hedge fund manager, etc. His points about the financial sector are spot on nearly every time he's posted and although he may get "carried away" with his credentials, it doesn't make anything he says in this thread less true. You're basically carrying over a personal vendetta from some prior thread as everything he's said in this thread is just factual. You can't argue with what Wells Fargo's commitments are with Frontier as it's in the filings that he's pulling. I don't know what else you want out of him.