Busy day for Agent Karma

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Hell of a final week for the Trump campaign so far, COVID ravaging red states and at its worst infection rate ever, stock market tanking, his base being frozen on the street after his rally. Though he still has some hope since only half of mail-in ballots requested have actually been completed and sent back.
COVID raging? How can that be, Trump's science office has declared that pandemic is over due to his bigly leadership.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
F that. Just don't procrastinate. I don't have hours to waste standing in line like a schmuck.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-justices-election-ballot-counting_n_5f9a18d8c5b6c7fe582bb09a

Fox affirmed that 2% of regular mail was simply lost in their sample run.
There have been some efforts to tamper with ballots and get them discredited, damaged, or discarded.
The SCOTUS may step in for legal issues over which ballots to count and when to count them.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/22/election-night-marks-the-end-of-one-phase-of-campaign-2020-and-the-start-of-another/
We have a long road ahead.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/supreme-court-justices-election-ballot-counting_n_5f9a18d8c5b6c7fe582bb09a

Fox affirmed that 2% of regular mail was simply lost in their sample run.
There have been some efforts to tamper with ballots and get them discredited, damaged, or discarded.
The SCOTUS may step in for legal issues over which ballots to count and when to count them.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/22/election-night-marks-the-end-of-one-phase-of-campaign-2020-and-the-start-of-another/
We have a long road ahead.
I wouldn't trust a word coming from that station. You realize they have never won a major journalism award for a reason?

Also there are reasons why regular mail gets lost that won't apply to pre-printed ballots.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

best

thing

ever

seriously, I couldn't stop laughing about this news story. Literally zero sympathy for these fucking idiots that went to this thing. Trump gave them exactly what they deserve, because it is exactly who he always has been, and he fucking loves it. He hates every single one of them, and he loves the fact that the more he hates them, the more they love him.

These people are fucking trash.

I mean, this piece of ambulatory garbage will take their fucking tax dollars, channel it into about 30% of his waking hours playing golf, and not spend a single dime of their money on transporting them away from his idiot rally for one evening. seriously, how fucking dumb do you have to be to support Trump? You seriously are in the field of dumbest humans to have ever lived to even consider supporting this garbage.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
A catastrophic mistake by Democrats to not vote in person like every single other election. If it ends up determining the results....
Like every single other election? I've been doing mail-in ballots since 2004...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
From the pic thread:

pxpgtMil.jpg

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm starting to change my mind on that. They aren't just anti mask. No they are all about Trump's worst instincts and policies. I'm starting not to care too much about their fates.

I don't think you appreciate how passionately the far right believes liberal power represents the rise of fascism.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I don't think you appreciate how passionately the far right believes liberal power represents the rise of fascism.
If that's the case then they are hopeless. The left doesn't represent facism.
It's the orange menace and his administration. I mean the the menace is the textbook definition for facism,
or I should say his attempt at fascism.

" a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism,
regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

I mean the lard ass even had his mussolini moment when came home from the hospital after his COVID19 stay.
He ripped off his mask at the east/west wing balcony and saluted the helicopter as it flew off.

If they believe its the left that are the fascists they are more fucked up then we are led to believe and are probably beyond help.

1604043611333.png

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If that's the case then they are hopeless. The left doesn't represent facism.
It's the orange menace and his administration. I mean the the menace is the textbook definition for facism,
or I should say his attempt at fascism.

" a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism,
regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

I mean the lard ass even had his mussolini moment when came home from the hospital after his COVID19 stay.
He ripped off his mask at the east/west wing balcony and saluted the helicopter as it flew off.

If they believe its the left that are the fascists they are more fucked up then we are led to believe and are probably beyond help.

View attachment 32593

And how would you treat the hopeless?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
And how would you treat the hopeless?
It would have to be done by people smarter and wiser than myself.
I am a firm believer in second (even 3rd) chances, but most of that deals with bad choices we have done to ourselves. A lot of that can be done/undone/fixed with a lot of self-reflection and honesty, and wanting to do the right thing.

I don't know how to re-educate the masses of people of their incorrect views of reality.

Sorry, I don't want to drag this thread off topic.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Hell of a final week for the Trump campaign so far, COVID ravaging red states and at its worst infection rate ever, stock market tanking, his base being frozen on the street after his rally. Though he still has some hope since only half of mail-in ballots requested have actually been completed and sent back.
Mailed mine 3 days ago, i.e. Tuesday, here in CA. Just got a robocall from state elections saying received and will be counted. If I were in a swing state I probably would have gone to a drop box. However, I saw stories on TV yesterday about ballots gone missing from drop boxes locally, so I figure you really can't trust them either.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Yep. If you even mention the words 'change', 'social equality', 'evolve as a society', etc... these fucking morons leap to the fascism theory in zero seconds flat! Imbeciles!