Bush's Fantastic Economy:Americans declaring Bankruptcy, contemplating suicide, can't compete with India at 1/6 of wages

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
But then there would be a big gap in employment and employers wonder about that.
Employers looking for qualified persons with proven histories to fill positions of responsibility wonder about that. We're talking about taking lesser employment, often much lesser, like "warm body" positions. Trust me, I've left expansive gaps in my employment history and it never raised an eyebrow. And yes, I did get the job, too. lol!

If you interview well, show them you can read and write, pass your drug test, that's all I've ever needed to get a job.
It a cure for one person's unemployment but it does not add even one more job into the economy.
Huh? We're not talking about national economic policy, at least I didn't think we were. We're talking about John and Jane getting off their duffs and accepting lesser employment because they don't have the luxury of holding-out for the "Ideal Job", preferrably before they are on the verge of personal bankruptcy or homelessness.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: tcsenter
But then there would be a big gap in employment and employers wonder about that.
Employers looking for qualified persons with proven histories to fill positions of responsibility wonder about that. We're talking about taking lesser employment, often much lesser, like "warm body" positions. Trust me, I've left expansive gaps in my employment history and it never raised an eyebrow. And yes, I did get the job, too. lol!

If you interview well, show them you can read and write, pass your drug test, that's all I've ever needed to get a job.
Then why are you trying to collect disability? Quit surfing and get a job.

Gaps in employment may not matter for "warm body" jobs. They do raise eyebrows with good positions. Trust me.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Were you under the impression that being "disabled" meant 'unable to find employment?' That's...peculiar.

There are plenty of jobs available in the area. Walmart, Home Depot, and a dozen other companies are hiring....they always are.
Gaps in employment may not matter for "warm body" jobs. They do raise eyebrows with good positions. Trust me.
But again, we're not talking about "good positions", remember?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
A Conservative Republican Revolt in the making? :Q

1-30-2004 Medicare Cost Hike Stirs Congress Debate

WASHINGTON - Conservatives expressed little surprise, and anger in private, as administration officials said President Bush now estimates the new Medicare overhaul law will cost a third more than projected when Congress passed the legislation last year.

The president's budget, to be released Monday, will also project a federal deficit this year of about $520 billion, congressional aides said. That would far exceed this year's $375 billion, the highest ever in dollar terms.

The budget will estimate the price of retooling Medicare and adding prescription drug benefits at $534 billion over the decade ending 2013, officials said. The figures, first revealed Thursday by congressional aides speaking on condition of anonymity, were confirmed by administration officials.

While hunting for the votes they needed to nudge the bill through, Bush and administration officials as well as top congressional Republicans told wavering conservatives they believed the bill's costs would track the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (news - web sites)'s $395 billion estimate.

Bush signed the Medicare bill Dec. 8, giving him a legislative victory that he intends to promote during his re-election campaign.

"It points again to the No. 1 agenda item that needs to be addressed by Congress," Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas, said of the new figures. "We've got to protect the family budget from the federal budget."

Hensarling was among several conservatives who voted for the measure after being told by Bush and House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., that the costs should follow the CBO projections.

Other conservatives said privately they were owed an explanation as to why the White House did not provide them with the figures before they voted. Administration officials said the new cost estimate was not ready until now.

He said many of them felt "brow beaten" into backing the legislation, which passed the House in November by five votes after leaders held the roll call open nearly three hours while nailing down support.

Meanwhile, the administration released some positive news about their forthcoming budget, including proposals for:

_$45 million ? a fourfold increase ? for cleaning up the Great Lakes.

_An $18 million increase ? to $122.5 million ? for the National Endowment for the Arts.

_$60 million for a cattle identification system and other mad cow-related programs, up from $13 million this year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who writes these things? This is all positive huh? ???:confused:

It couldn't be Republican NeoCon Execs dumping crap into the Lakes to begin with, No of course not.

Oh, have to have plenty of paint blots on the walls of the rich NeoCon Executive's right.

What's the matter Mr President, have to have the Taxpayers pay for name tags for the cattle on your Ranch now.

Hmmmm, who is the Tax and Spenders now Mr Rush, Hannity, CAD & Co???

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
In December it was supposed to be 6% after the "Booming and Soaring" 8% reported in October, now these reports say they were only expecting %5 and now it barely made 4%. But The President said yesterday "the numbers look good and everybody's feeling great".

1-30-2004 US economy brakes to 4.0 percent growth in fourth quarter

The US economy braked fiercely in the last quarter of 2003, slowing to an unexpectedly low 4.0 percent annualized growth pace as consumer spending dried up, data showed.

Growth shrank to less than half the blistering, 19-year record 8.2 percent pace of the third quarter, defying economists' predictions of a 5.0 percent expansion to wrap up the year.

But the end-of-year slowdown appeared to confirm the worries of Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, who is clinging to 45-year-low interest rates until the economy ignites a jobs boom.

Consumers, whose spending accounts for two-thirds of US economic activity, were blamed for the end-of-2003 slowdown.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sure lets blame the little people afterall they have tons of jobs stocking the shelves at Walmart making the most money they ever have remember.

In other News that is not new to us - CAD and his neighbors are not affected by any downturn other parts of the Country are experiencing:

1-30-2004 Midwest Business Expands Rapidly

Business activity in the U.S. Midwest expanded in January for a ninth straight month, and grew more strongly than expected, a report showed on Friday.

The National Association of Purchasing Management-Chicago business barometer rose to 65.9 from 61.2 in December, its highest level since July 1994. Economists had forecast the index at 62.0.

A reading above 50 indicates expansion in the sector.

The employment component of the index slipped to 48.3 from 49.6 in December. Prices paid rose to 67.8 and new orders rose to 69.7.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Care to let us in on the secret CAD?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
The Georgia Labor Commissioner has been tipped off a series of large layoffs coming very shortly:

1-29-2004 Georgia Dept Of Labor press Releases

Although local human resources experts and business owners remain confident in an overall economic rebound, state Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond is cautious.

"Weakness in the critical area of job creation continues to hamper our recovery," he said.

"Job cuts scheduled for the near future, along with the thousands of long-term unemployed, make it clear that a higher rate of job creation is needed to sustain a solid recovery," he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the Labor stats for Georgia:

January 29 Unemployment rate rises slightly in Southwest Georgia, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate unchanged in South Georgia area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate rises slightly in Southeast Georgia, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in North Georgia area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in Northeast Georgia area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in Middle Georgia area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate rises in Middle Flint area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate rises slightly in McIntosh Trail area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in Lower Chattahoochee area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in Heart of Georgia-Altamaha area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in Georgia Mountains area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in CSRA, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate unchanged in Coosa Valley area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate unchanged in Coastal Georgia area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate drops in Chattahoochee-Flint area, employment down
January 29 Unemployment rate rises slightly in metro Savannah, job growth weak
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in metro Macon, job growth weak
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in metro Columbus, job growth weak
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in metro Augusta, job growth weak
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in metro Atlanta, some jobs lost
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in metro Athens, some jobs lost
January 29 Unemployment rate drops slightly in metro Athens, some jobs lost
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But the President said yesterday "The numbers look good and everybody is feeling great about the Economy".

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Were you under the impression that being "disabled" meant 'unable to find employment?' That's...peculiar.

There are plenty of jobs available in the area. Walmart, Home Depot, and a dozen other companies are hiring....they always are.
But again, we're not talking about "good positions", remember?

I was under the impression conservatives object to welfare. Welfare steals from the rich and causes deadbeats' dependency.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Ldir
I was under the impression conservatives object to welfare. Welfare steals from the rich and causes deadbeats' dependency.
Just like the Democratic party, the Republican party only cares about elections. That tends to make them a wee bit inconsistent on their platforms.

Ultima

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 1999
Here in Quebec internships for computer science from college are unpaid.

Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Lot's of unemployed Tech people at Slashdot, the pool is bigger for Walmart:

Unemployed? Why Not Start a Software Company?

Posted by Cliff on Tuesday January 27, @01:36PM
from the tough-questions-for-a-tough-market dept.
R.S.D. asks: "I see all these Ask Slashdot articles about unemployment these days. Why don't a few of you guys get together and start a software company? Out there in the world, there is still a lot of software that needs to be written, and people are still pumping lots of money into software (and biotech). In fact, the software sector is still described as the enduring leader in raising venture capital, though apparently in Silicon Valley more money is going out of the maturing software industry and into things that are still high-tech like biopharm and nano. Is anyone else trying this? If so, how's it going? If not, why not?" This is easier suggested, than implemented. For those who have gone this route, what suggestions would you give to those who may follow?

"Every time I see a group of 5-10 self-described 'great but unlucky' IT workers looking for a job, and how their previous company had to lay them off because their former employer had this 'stupid idea' it was to move all the jobs to Elbonia, I have to ask myself -- why don't these guys get together and start a software company. If you don't make these 'mistakes' of outsourcing development to Elbonia, couldn't you compete pretty well?

Best of all if you ever did need to grow, in this job market, you can get highly educated and experience software engineers even more inexpensively than China or India -- I've heard some internships are unpayed these days.:)

Yes, I am taking my own advice, and trying this, even though I was not unemployed."

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
The Georgia Labor Commissioner has been tipped off a series of large layoffs coming very shortly:

1-29-2004 Georgia Dept Of Labor press Releases

Although local human resources experts and business owners remain confident in an overall economic rebound, state Labor Commissioner Michael Thurmond is cautious.

"Weakness in the critical area of job creation continues to hamper our recovery," he said.

"Job cuts scheduled for the near future, along with the thousands of long-term unemployed, make it clear that a higher rate of job creation is needed to sustain a solid recovery," he said.

But the President said yesterday "The numbers look good and everybody is feeling great about the Economy".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the start of the announcements of the Mass job cuts in Georgia coming in the next week:

1-31-2004 Washington Mutual to Cut Cobb Jobs

Washington Mutual Inc. plans to cut 98 jobs in Cobb County by Jan. 31, according to the Georgia Department of Labor.

Seattle-based Washington Mutual (NYSE: WM) officials said the company is consolidating much of its back office operations to eliminate redundancies in its corporate structure and to counter the slowdown in the mortgage market.
-------------------------------------
"Slowdown in the Mortgage Market"? That can't be CAD & Co and the rest of the AT Economy experts said the Housing Market is exploding and that is the reason they need to build these thousands and thousands of empty.. er oh wait that's right, they are "Unsold" houses.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
What are you talking about? At some point the conversation on your end leaped from people who refuse to accept lesser employment to conservatives objecting to welfare, with nary a logical transition to be found in between.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
What are you talking about? At some point the conversation on your end leaped from people who refuse to accept lesser employment to conservatives objecting to welfare, with nary a logical transition to be found in between.

I will make it simple. You tell everyone else to get off their duffs and get a job while you want to freeload on disability. Why should we support you? Follow your own advice.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I will make it simple. You tell everyone else to get off their duffs and get a job while you want to freeload on disability. Why should we support you? Follow your own advice.

People able to work and wanting to live on the public dole vs. people not able to work through no fault of their own.

Is that simple enough for you Ldir? I fear that it isn't and I will have to use a second grade vocabulary for you but perhaps you will surprise me.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: etech

People able to work and wanting to live on the public dole vs. people not able to work through no fault of their own.

Is that simple enough for you Ldir? I fear that it isn't and I will have to use a second grade vocabulary for you but perhaps you will surprise me.

Why are you following me? You are not my type. I am not Michael Jackson.

Ever hear of the ADA? Companies make reasonable accomodations for disabilities, they hired you. Narcolepsy is not insurmountable in many jobs. It looks like tcsenter wants to freeload. SSI said he is able to work.

If there is more to his story he can tell it. You can't so butt out. Is that simple enough for you etch?

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
The US economy braked fiercely in the last quarter of 2003, slowing to an unexpectedly low 4.0 percent annualized growth pace as consumer spending dried up, data showed.
Oh my! Have you NO shame!...oh course no!..last quarter, all the liberals were sneering at the 8% rise in GDP, now 4% is the end of the world!..TO HIGH, TO LOW,...give it a rest..you act like "defying economist's predictions" is the beginning of armageddon....last time i checked..my portfolio was still way up...life is GOOD.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: burnedout
Just a thought.....

Self-Employment May Mask U.S. Job Growth

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

I just saw this, this morning, Oh yes of course, the unemployment numbers is all my fault, I should've known the President and his administration would blame me. What was I thinking? :confused:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WASHINGTON - According to the most widely accepted measure of U.S. employment, public-speaking coach and consultant LeeAundra Temescu was not among the 130 million Americans who had a job in 2003.

But don't try telling her that.

"Was I working?" the Los Angeles resident said. "In terms of speaking and writing and marketing and doing all that sort of stuff -- yeah, I was working."

Because she is one of more than 15 million self-employed workers in the United States, Temescu is on nobody's payroll -- and thus does not show up on the Labor Department's employer survey used each month to assess the strength of the job market.

The failure of the survey to count independent contractors has come under fire by President Bush's economic team and some analysts, who argue it underestimates job growth by ignoring one of the fastest-growing sectors of the economy.

"There is a big error factor in those numbers," Treasury Secretary John Snow said after Labor reported a scant 1,000 rise in December payrolls. "I think they may well have understated (job growth), and we will see a restatement in the future." A rise in self-employed and other nonpayroll workers would bolster the argument of Bush supporters that the "jobless" nature of America's recovery has been exaggerated.

LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS

While outsourcing is not new, a rise in self-employed contractors could explain the slow rebound in employment as counted by the payrolls survey, which shows 2.3 million jobs have been lost since Bush took office in January 2001.

WAVE OF THE FUTURE

"Businesses have been looking to temporary help or outsourcing to lower their employment -- and therefore their health care and pension and other responsibilities," he said.

Government data show employment costs rose 3.8 percent in 2003. Outsourcing work to a self-employed contractor cuts those costs by up to a third -- because health care, pensions and other benefits make up 30 percent of total compensation.

"Clearly these kind of huge increases in health care costs encourage businesses to move toward temporary help, outsourcing, or setting people up as consultants," Naroff said. "It's clearly getting stronger."

Temescu shrugs off the government's inability to accurately count her employment and says the benefits of her situation are worth the risks involved.

"The alternative of working as a salaried worker in an organization is even more unpalatable," Temescu said. "There is just something about working for myself -- I really, truly do love what I do."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well goody goody they found a stool pigeon that is making enough to be fat and happy and somehow, she doesn't say, does she have Health coverage too???

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I just saw this, this morning, Oh yes of course, the unemployment numbers is all my fault, I should've known the President and his administration would blame me. What was I thinking?
I thought you might find this report to be somewhat amusing. :D

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
lol! Well...I don't think I could say anything here that could do any more than you've already done to yourself. So I'll just let the marvel of your statement continue to impress upon others accordingly.
Ever hear of the ADA? Companies make reasonable accomodations for disabilities, they hired you. Narcolepsy is not insurmountable in many jobs.
First, the ADA and its associated case law confers a different burden on employers to make -->reasonable<-- accomodations depending on whether the disabled person in question is already in their employment or is seeking employment but not yet employed. A higher expectation to provide accomodations is placed on employers if the employee in question is already employed when the disability arises. A much lower expectation exists when the disabled person is seeking employment.

I am not currently employed and would be obligated to inform the employer before hiring me that I have narcolepsy and require accomodations, not "spring" it on them after they have offered me a job. That would probably kill any realistic chance that my application made it beyond the 'circular file'.

If I didn't inform the employer in advance of hiring me, the courts have repeatedly found I would have no claim under the ADA if I should later request accomodations I knew in advance I would require but had mislead (or lied to) the employer about. However, that is an 'employability' issue, not a disability issue.

The ADA confers no obligation on employers to be blind to significant disparities in productivity or create an entirely 'new' job function just for disabled workers. The ADA creates a results and performance based standard.

For example, if an accessible keyboard would permit a person with a disability to acheive the performance or end-result desired or expected of that job function, the type of keyboard used to acheive it shouldn't matter. But if after providing an accessible keyboard and a reasonable amount of time to gain proficiency with it, the employee can only manage 10 WPM when the position ["as it typically exists in the marketplace in substantial numbers"] requires no less than 40 WPM, the ADA does not obligate the employer to accept this, nor does it obligate the employer to substantially alter the fundamental objectives of the position so that a disabled person can meet it (e.g. create a 'new' position that only requires 10 WPM).

The issue with severe treatment-resistent narcolepsy is absolutely no different from intractable epilepsy and cuts to the core of what is required of virtually any kind of work; alertness, awareness, and cognition. One needn't be physically strong, or educated, possess any special skills, or above average intelligence, in order to competently perform numerous jobs in the marketplace. What is required of any kind of task where the objective is some productive result is an essential [albiet minimal] capacity to remain alert and aware of one's surroundings and react to them with some intelligent purpose.

In fact, until Gelineau first described narcolepsy in 1880 and delineated it from the category of epilepsy disorders, those suffering from narcolepsy were thought to be having seizures.

But I will offer you the same invitation I offered the Administrative Law Judge at my SSDI hearing - I'm perfectly open to suggestions. If you know of some type of work that doesn't require the capacity to remain alert and aware of one's surroundings and react to them with some intelligent purpose, I'm all ears.
It looks like tcsenter wants to freeload. SSI said he is able to work.
60% ~ 70% of all SSDI claims found valid were denied at least once because the SSA determined they were 'able to work'. Those are the claimants who "win", it doesn't include the claimants who become frustrated by the process and give-up.

I'm perfectly amendable to this new standard that you offer, so long as its applied to everyone. That would reduce the SSDI roles by well over 50%. On second thought, if the SSA's initial determination were final with no appeal, it would probably reduce the SSDI roles by nearly 100% because only the politically well-connected would be approved.

This must be why the left believes in the delusion that only it can claim title to being "compassionate". lol!

On a final note, Social Security Disability Insurance is not welfare or a redistribution scheme. Like any insurance plan, one earns coverage by contributing to it, called a "premium".

If you paid your home owner's insurance premium for 15 years to protect you from fire, would payment of a fire claim constitute "welfare"? Conservatives understand these things very well, its liberals we're not so sure about.

They think persons who paid no taxes are just as entitled to a tax refund as persons who paid taxes.

lmao!

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Bush's Fantastic Economy: Of course, President says the Unemployment numbers are all my fault, just blame Dave
I wonder what phase in the progression of schizophrenia or other psychosis is marked by things such as entertaining the belief that the US President has little else to do but conspire against them?

Any Clinical Psychologists in the house?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bush's Fantastic Economy: Of course, President says the Unemployment numbers are all my fault, just blame Dave
I wonder what phase in the progression of schizophrenia or other psychosis is marked by things such as entertaining the belief that the US President has little else to do but conspire against them?

Any Clinical Psychologists in the house?

I'm not an expert on psychology and it's diseases (perhaps moonie will chime in) but I believe that would be diagnosed as paranoid.

Paranoid
Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships with others. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant to others. They usually shift blame to others and tend to carry long grudges.

Damn, seeems to fit Dave and a few others on this board pretty well.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Well Dave, you can take some consolation from the situation by looking at it this way. At least the President thinks of you. :D

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: burnedout
Well Dave, you can take some consolation from the situation by looking at it this way. At least the President thinks of you. :D

How sweet, and liberals keep saying he doesn't care about them.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Sorry to join the festivities late. You have narcolepsy? I missed that, another OT true confessions thread?

lol! Well...I don't think I could say anything here that could do any more than you've already done to yourself. So I'll just let the marvel of your statement continue to impress upon others accordingly.
Ever hear of the ADA? Companies make reasonable accomodations for disabilities, they hired you. Narcolepsy is not insurmountable in many jobs.
First, the ADA and its associated case law confers a different burden on employers to make reasonable accomodations depending on whether the disabled person in question is already in their employment or is seeking employment but not yet employed. A higher expectation to provide accomodations is placed on employers if the employee in question is already employed when the disability arises. A much lower expectation exists when the disabled person is seeking employment.

I am not currently employed and would be obligated to inform the employer before hiring me that I have narcolepsy and require accomodations, not "spring" it on them after they have offered me a job. That would probably kill any realistic chance that my application made it beyond the 'circular file'. [ ... remainder deleted ... ]
That's a nice, long-winded diversion, but let's boil it down to the heart of the matter. Have you tried taking your own advice, "getting off [your] duff" and applying for jobs? Contrary to your claims, many employers make a point of hiring people with disabilities; I believe there are still tax incentives for doing so. Government agencies are also traditionally very good about hiring people with disabilities. Of course finding the right employer might cut into your life of leisure, and it might require you to "let go of one's notions of being "too good" for other jobs and take whatever the hell one can get," but "it sure beats no pay or benefits and sinking deeper and deeper into debt while [you] waited for job that is 'worthy' of [your] grace and presence."

Your business, of course, but I know you're looking for ways to repair your tattered credibility. Demanding others get off their butts when you want to slop at the public trough seems rather hypocritical. At a minimum, I'd suggest you not preach about how easy it is to get jobs until you have one yourself.

PS. Is it "due time" yet?

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Sorry to join the festivities late. You have narcolepsy?
Welcome to...umm...the year 2002. One thing you need never worry about is someone accusing you of being a sharp feller who is always on top of things.
That's a nice, long-winded diversion, but let's boil it down to the heart of the matter. Have you tried taking your own advice, "getting off [your] duff" and applying for jobs?
There is nothing I can say here that would do more damage to you than you've already done to yourself.

I will just let the marvel of your suggestion that there is no difference between persons with disabilities like quadraplegia, closed head injuries, uncontrollable seizures, multiple sclerosis, et. al. and persons who are perfectly able-bodied but unwilling to accept lesser employment continue to impress upon others accordingly.

I'm glad you're concerned about my credibility, but given this new confession by you, I think it is all that you could do to worry about your own.

BTW, I already provided an actual example of me 'taking my own advice' some posts back. Sorry you missed it before opening your mouth and inserting foot.