Bush to address nation tonight on economy woes

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Back on track? Lol....:laugh:

This is gonna be good.

The sales snow job is on now.

He just addressed what I said in 2001 about the banks giving the money away to developers like candy resulting in the glut of houses.

BUT he is blaming the people instead of his friends and buds that started it.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
"Normally I would ket bad companies go out of business"

Of course you can't let your buds fail

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Someone might want to inform Obama that the President isn't inaugurated until January.

"Americans needed to "hear from the person who in approximately 40 days will be responsible for dealing with this mess", Mr Obama told journalists."

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi
Originally posted by: Harvey
The Traitor In Chief wants to scare us with about WMD's... Words of Monetary Disaster.

He's running out the clock and ducking for cover. I've never believed a word he's said. I'm not about to start, now. :thumbsdown: :|

Good boy, now sit.

Thanks, troll. Do you ever post anything but vapid, mindless bullshit? :roll:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Bi-partisan my ass.

Republicans caused this, they should go down in flames and be jailed including Bush, Cheney, Rove and all of their supporters including from in here

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Do you think anyone is still willing to believe a word our President says?

Every single Republican

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

STFU::p

I can't heard him over that racket:p

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Now the giant companies him and the Republicans made bigger are too big?

Yeah right, like I believe that load of bull

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
Do you think anyone is still willing to believe a word our President says?

Hell no the guy is a bold faced liar, and has proven untrustworthy. Sadly most politicians today are no better.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Well, he's invited Obama and McCain to the WH tomorrow.

So, if it fails...all Presidents, present and future, get the blame.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Cant remember who, but one talking head on CNN said this mess is because the US no longer actually makes any goods or products. Auto industry - gone, steel industry - gone, and so on. The only thing the US does is push money around.
Thats why, he claimed, the dollar is wortless and we have nothing to export.

Probably all true. All we do here is push money around. And that isnt going to make it.
So are we doomed, even with the bailouts?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: sportage
Cant remember who, but one talking head on CNN said this mess is because the US no longer actually makes any goods or products.

Auto industry - gone, steel industry - gone, and so on.

The only thing the US does is push money around.

Probably all true. All we do here is push money around. And that isnt going to make it.

Nevermind a CNN talking head, I have been saying that for years right here.

Have no fear though, now Bush just gave $25 billion of my tax dollars to the failed Auto Industry so they can keep cranking out the giant gas sucking Escalade "Hybrid" SUV's.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I thought everything was fine? I thought all this was just a "correction"? Why the scare-tactic?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: sportage
Cant remember who, but one talking head on CNN said this mess is because the US no longer actually makes any goods or products. Auto industry - gone, steel industry - gone, and so on. The only thing the US does is push money around.

stable agriculture breeds sustainable population growth...
which allows for the stable and sustainable existence of the trade of goods and services...
which leads to the commoditization of these goods and services, and eventually labor...
which leads to vast financial markets that deal exclusively in risk and expectation...
which leads to...

As always, the following economies are incomprehensible to the formers, but the value is still there. Has any society in the history of man gone beyond this, and if so what did they do?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Remember General Colin Powell and the need for "a rush to war", and the UN?
DEJA VIEW???

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Last time Bush urged such quick action, we invaded the wrong country.

Don't forget the PATRIOT ACT too. that was rushed through.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Well, he's invited Obama and McCain to the WH tomorrow.

So, if it fails...all Presidents, present and future, get the blame.

Sounds good to me gives them more insentive to make a better bill. Having McCain and Obama on the hook for this bill is in the best interest of the tax payers. Both will force their side to work together for the better of this country. Instead of the bullshit we have seen this summer with energy.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Boy did Mr. Bush look old this evening. Stress over the last 8 years hasn't treated him well.