Bush on Meet The Press tomorrow morning (This place should be hopping!)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: fitzhue
I saw the preview of it on NBC's nightly news and I must agree that he looked very uncomfortable and was trying desparately to find the right words to say.

For crying out loud, it was taped and not even live so he can get what he wants edited out? :confused: :|

The edited phoney sham of an interview begins in 6 minutes...

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Opens up with him saying:

"America will have time to decide if "I" made the right decision to oust Hussein from power.

It's Official, America's President controls the World and decides who stays and who goes.

It's a good thing to rid the world of Dictators but to replace them with an even bigger more Powerful Dictator?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Oh, he says "Irag was even more dangerous than we thought, it was full of Terrorists that threaten America".

Full of Bin Laden wannabes. That's right, that's who is all locked up in Cuba.

Did they get Bin Laden in Iraq too? :confused:

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, he says "Irag was even more dangerous than we thought, it was full of Terrorists that threaten America".

full of terrorists????
you meen the kurdish base or all the ones who jumped in the fight against the US after Saddam was removed?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
2-8-2004 Bush Says Saddam Had Capacity for Nukes and WMD was destroyed by his henchmen as we Invaded Iraq

"I repeat to you what I strongly believe, that inaction in Iraq would have emboldened Saddam Hussein," Bush said. "He could have developed a nuclear weapon over time ? I'm not saying immediately, but over time. ... We would have been in a position of blackmail. In other words, you can't rely upon a madman."

Defending his decision to invade Iraq, President Bush said that although stockpiles of biological and chemical weapons have not been found.

"They could have been destroyed during the war. Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq," Bush said. "They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out."

Bush said he decided to go to war based on the intelligence he had at hand about Saddam, but said CIA Director George Tenet's job is not in jeopardy. "I strongly believe the CIA is ably led by George Tenet," he said.

While Bush heavily based the decision to wage war on the rationale that Saddam had forbidden weapons at the ready, the president continued in the interview to emphasize his contention about Saddam's dictatorial rule ? that Saddam brutalized Iraqis and had connections to terrorist groups.

He also said his policy to cut taxes was responsible for driving the economic rebound and putting the country on the road to recovering the more than 2 million jobs lost since he took office in 2001.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Czar

full of terrorists????
you meen the kurdish base or all the ones who jumped in the fight against the US after Saddam was removed?

Full of "Terrorist Groups" he said, so more than just the Kurds.

Where are all these Terrorist Groups now? :confused:

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
2-8-2004 Bush Says Saddam Had Capacity for Nukes and WMD was destroyed by his henchmen as we Invaded Iraq

"I repeat to you what I strongly believe, that inaction in Iraq would have emboldened Saddam Hussein," Bush said. "He could have developed a nuclear weapon over time ? I'm not saying immediately, but over time. ... We would have been in a position of blackmail. In other words, you can't rely upon a madman."

Defending his decision to invade Iraq, President Bush said that although stockpiles of biological and chemical weapons have not been found.

"They could have been destroyed during the war. Saddam and his henchmen could have destroyed them as we entered into Iraq," Bush said. "They could be hidden. They could have been transported to another country, and we'll find out."

Bush said he decided to go to war based on the intelligence he had at hand about Saddam, but said CIA Director George Tenet's job is not in jeopardy. "I strongly believe the CIA is ably led by George Tenet," he said.

While Bush heavily based the decision to wage war on the rationale that Saddam had forbidden weapons at the ready, the president continued in the interview to emphasize his contention about Saddam's dictatorial rule ? that Saddam brutalized Iraqis and had connections to terrorist groups.

He also said his policy to cut taxes was responsible for driving the economic rebound and putting the country on the road to recovering the more than 2 million jobs lost since he took office in 2001.

IOW, he said nothing new.

i feel safer now knowing that he's a strong leader who
won't rely on the words of madmen, don't you?

novon

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Watching now... OMG... he's digging his own grave. I've never heard more BS at one time.

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: novon
Watching now... OMG... he's digging his own grave. I've never heard more BS at one time.

sure you have, remember the SOTU address?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
The verdict is in:

Me the moderate Dem:
Russert: B-
Bush: C+

My wife the conservative Republican:
Russert: F
Bush: Z

Maybe I underestimate the extent of the anti-Bush vote this year. :)

I actually thought Bush had a few good moments, despite one hour of nervous smiling like he was afraid someone was going to catch him looking up Laura's skirt. Bush sounded like a bare faced liar when addressing his National Guard Service. That won't inspire confidence in anyone. Hid defense of the war was better than I expected. (I expected Z) His defense of the economy was better than expected. He's right, he did inherit a small mess, but a lot of mess occurred on his watch. :) Overall, he was much better than I expected. He misspoke several times, but wasn't at his worst. He had obviously prepared as much as he could. My impression though was that Russert was the Master and Bush was his new puppy he was trying to carefully train. :) Russert went after Dean tooth and nail because he sensed an intellectual equal. With Bush, he sort of softballed it, probably thinking it wouldn't be could for either of them if Bush broke down crying on national television. :)

Bush is the weakest leader we've had since Grover Cleveland. Scary, scary, scary.... Well, maybe if he's re-elected he too will just play poker for 4 years. :)

-Robert

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
oops. on here now.

difficult to believe the man speaks English

Without a 3rd party candidate to siphon off the anti-Bush vote in November, Kerry is looking stronger & stronger in comparison.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: chess9
Judasmachine:

Don't change your schedule for Bush.

-Robert

you have a point but I'm up.....

he's still just being a squirmy little jr. high kid, this is comedy... a comedy of errors that is.

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Is that Bush or Sally Field? The Iraqis love us, they really really love us. ;)

This will make the pol joke reel like Ted Kennedy's 60 minutes interview [why are you running for President?]

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Bush:

"Having a capacity for good intelligence is a basis for all future Presidents"

You got that right. Since he blames and used "bad" intelligence and judgement then why should he have the job for 4 more years???

Sing it George: "Oh War, Oh sweet War the whole Day through, Just an old sweet War is always on my mind".

"Everybody lied, it's not my fault, but I still trust them".

Not going to comment on Bin Laden... Have no idea where he is hiding huh?

"Too late IF it becomes IMMINENT" , "A GRAVE and GATHERING threat".

It was all congress's fault too, "They looked at the same intelligence as I did".

So it's coming, he will blame Kerry in the Election Ads.

Oh, Hussein is the one that is sending Suicide Bombers into Isreal.

Now Tim is asking what I keep asking, why do we not take out all the other Dictators in the world.

He is saying that the International Community is taking care of the other Dictators. What is missing is that those Dictators aren't controlling OIL.

Bush will not allow a Religious Regime take over Iraq. (Because they would control the OIL)

"It's the Context Stupid!!!"

The U.N. will play a Vital role in Iraq but the U.S. will control the OIL.
-------------------
Commercial Break

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
A couple of comments (I have more but gotta get around...wife wants to go to church today)

1) After listening to Bush's non-answer to the very first question I had to rub my eyes for a sec and make sure it wasn't Ari or McClellan sitting across from Timmy.

2) I thought Bush did a good job of speaking. Not talking about what he said, but in regards to how he said it....he did better than I thought he would.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Watching now...just came on here @ 10:30am EST in NH.

Nice deflection of the "will you testify" questions... ;)

What is with all the awkward smiling?

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Gaard
2) I thought Bush did a good job of speaking. Not talking about what he said, but in regards to how he said it....he did better than I thought he would.

Pathetic when expectations for a President of the United States are so low, isn't it?

We deserve better, and it will happen next January.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
This is the question I liked (probably because I've asked it numerous times myself ;).

Russert: And if that's not the case, do you believe if you had gone to the Congress and said he should be removed because he's a threat to his people but I'm not sure he has weapons of mass destruction, Congress would authorize war?

President Bush: I went to Congress with the same intelligence Congress saw the same intelligence I had, and they looked at exactly what I looked at, and they made an informed judgment based upon the information that I had. The same information, by the way, that my predecessor had. And all of us, you know, made this judgment that Saddam Hussein needed to be removed.

You mentioned "preemption." If I might, I went to the United Nations and said, Here is what we know, you know, at this moment, and you need to act. After all, you are the body that issued resolution after resolution after resolution, and he ignored those resolutions.

So, in other words, when you say "preemption," it almost sounds like, Well, Mr. President, you decided to move. What I decided to do was to go to the international community and see if we could not disarm Saddam Hussein peacefully through international pressure.

You remember U.N. Security Council Resolution 1441 clearly stated show us your arms and destroy them, or your programs and destroy them. And we said, there are serious consequences if you don't. That was a unanimous verdict. In other words, the worlds of the U.N. Security Council said we're unanimous and you're a danger. So, it wasn't just me and the United States. The world thought he was dangerous and needed to be disarmed.

And, of course, he defied the world once again.

In my judgment, when the United States says there will be serious consequences, and if there isn't serious consequences, it creates adverse consequences. People look at us and say, they don't mean what they say, they are not willing to follow through.

And by the way, by clearly stating policy, whether it be in Afghanistan or stating the policy that we expect you, Mr. Saddam Hussein, to disarm, your choice to disarm, but if you don't, there will be serious consequences in following through, it has had positive effects in the world. Libya, for example, there was an positive effect in Libya where Moammar Khaddafy voluntarily disclosed his weapons programs and agreed to dismantle dismantle them, and the world is a better place as a result of that. And the world is a safer and better place as a result of Saddam Hussein not being in power.

Notice Bush never answered the question.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Oh "Vietnam was a Political War, Politicians were making War decisions".

and Iraq is different HOW??? :confused:

NOT true, small Business owners chime in. He says the "Tax cuts went to small business owners primarilly".

It went to the Largest Corporations and they have NOT translated the "Cuts" into jobs, they took that money and built buildings overseas and shipped the jobs over there!!!

How convenient that the deficit will magically be cut in half 1 year after he is no longer in Office???

Yeah right, Bush own's a share of that Bridge Rush, Hannity, CAD & Co and the other AT Experts own a part of too.

Why would the little guy like me need to find a job if we didn't lose over 2 million jobs and the Economy is Booming and soaring???
----------------------------------------
Commercial Break

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: BugsBunny1078
How did you see that question before it airs? I am seeing it answered right now.

It aires at different times. In some places it was on @ 9am EST.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Judasmachine:

Bwuahahaha! Exactly my wife's point.

Gaard:

I agree.

-Robert