Bush on Meet The Press tomorrow morning (This place should be hopping!)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
;)

(Saturday, February 7th, 2004)--In an EXCLUSIVE Sunday morning show interview, President George W. Bush appears for the full hour, one-on-one with NBC's Tim Russert, from the Oval Office.

This will be the George W. Bush's first Sunday morning show appearance as president. He has appeared on Meet the Press twice as a presidential candidate (November 21, 1999 and February 13, 2000). The exclusive interview will originate from the Oval Office at the White House and will be recorded live to tape on Saturday.

Every President since John F. Kennedy has appeared on the program during their political career. President Bush will become the fourth President to appear while in office.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Hopefully Mr. Russert doesn't hold back too much with certain questions.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
I saw a preview of this! He looked so uncomfortable with the simple questions, and he is about as articulate as my 3 year old nephew.

HAHA!

It's must see tv at it's finest!:beer::D:beer:

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
I think this could be called reality TV for people more inteligent then well your average piece of white trash.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Spencer278
I think this could be called reality TV for people more inteligent then well your average piece of white trash.

Hehe. I like the way you look down on peoples intelligence and social standing, based on what they watch, then mess up your own punctuation and spelling.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: nutxo
Hehe. I like the way you look down on peoples intelligence and social standing, based on what they watch, then mess up your own punctuation and spelling.
You forgot the apostrophe in "people's."

;)

Edit: Oh yeah, the comma after "standing" is also incorrect. :)

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
You forgot the apostrophe in "people's."

;)

Yeh, I hurt my back today and took a pill (legally prescribed ;-) ) I had to go back like 5 times to try to correct everything

:D

edit, besides that. I don't care if a person makes an occasional typo or misspells a word. I just think it's funny as hell when someone calls someone stupid then makes a typo while doing it.

I find much more offense in the term "white trash". Which many people know is actually the equivalent of the N bomb but for some reason if you make a racial slur at whites it's acceptable. ( runaway sentence ) ...........................................................................................................................:eek:

Jan 12, 2003

One is allowed to use a comma to set off parenthetical elements, which are parts of a sentence that can be removed without changing the meaning of the sentence. Or, more simply, comma usage is allowed when you are merely adding additional information that is not needed. Let's look at his sentence:

"I like the way you look down on peoples intelligence and social standing, based on what they watch, then mess up your own punctuation and spelling."

The "based on what they watch" is simply added information. You could just as easily remove that phrase from the sentence and still maintain the essential meaning of the sentence. For example:

"I like the way you look down on peoples intelligence and social standing, then mess up your own punctuation and spelling."

What say you?

fitzhue

Golden Member
Sep 24, 2000
I saw the preview of it on NBC's nightly news and I must agree that he looked very uncomfortable and was trying desparately to find the right words to say.

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002

I didn't say look down on any group of people I looked down on reallity tv shows.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: fitzhue
I saw the preview of it on NBC's nightly news and I must agree that he looked very uncomfortable and was trying desparately to find the right words to say.

For crying out loud, it was taped and not even live so he can get what he wants edited out? :confused: :|

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

One is allowed to use a comma to set off parenthetical elements, which are parts of a sentence that can be removed without changing the meaning of the sentence. Or, more simply, comma usage is allowed when you are merely adding additional information that is not needed. Let's look at his sentence:

"I like the way you look down on peoples intelligence and social standing, based on what they watch, then mess up your own punctuation and spelling."

The "based on what they watch" is simply added information. You could just as easily remove that phrase from the sentence and still maintain the essential meaning of the sentence. For example:

"I like the way you look down on peoples intelligence and social standing, then mess up your own punctuation and spelling."

What say you?

thanks. I'll get my Gregg reference out and resubmit for a critique . :)

Jan 12, 2003

thanks. I'll get my Gregg reference out and resubmit for a critique . :)

There is no need to resubmit, sir; you were right the first time. My "what say you" comment was directed toward Mr. Grammar. :)

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

What say you?
Hmmm, good point. It was not a parenthetical as I read the sentence. I see how it could be if one reads the sentence a little differently, however. Fair enough, I withdraw the nit.

:)

Jan 12, 2003
Hmmm, good point. It was not a parenthetical as I read the sentence. I see how it could be if one reads the sentence a little differently, however. Fair enough, I withdraw the nit.

:)

Actually, I would have withdrawn my comments were you to staunchly defend your position. :)

This could be argued both ways. One the one hand, one could argue that his general premise is this --you should not question people's intelligence, then mess up your own punctuation. Conversely, one could also argue that it was the "reality T.V." comment that facilitated the criticism; therefore, his general premise changes to this --Just because someone watches reality T.V., you should look down on them. Moreover, if you are going to look down on people's intelligence and social standing, based on what they watch, you should not mess up your own punctuation and spelling. With regards to the latter, you would be correct--a comma is needed. :)

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I just saw an advance transcript of the interview...

Russert: What is your name?

Bush: George W. Bush

Russert: What is your quest?

Bush: To Rid unveil the WMD that Iraq has.

Russert: What is your favorite color ?

Bush: Red... Blue .... Whaaaaaaa.

And that was the end of the interview.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: outriding

Bush:..And Saddam also had a rabbit..

Russert: A rabbit?!

Bush: Not an ordinary rabbit! He had nasty, big, pointy teeth. A creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair!

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Hafen

Bush: Not an ordinary rabbit! He had nasty, big, pointy teeth. A creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair!

This kind of rabbit?

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
Bush on meet the press? It's a panic move due to his loss of support. It's starting folks. Just like his dad, he's losing support because of his failure to relate to the average american!!!

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Hafen

Get the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch! :) (not an exact line)