Bush most unpopular in modern history

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Gallup Poll: Bush most unpopular in modern history

HaHa.... he has a higher disapproval rating then even Nixon.

Anybody think his little stimulus scam would make his ratings better. Looks like they are not working. And now he it trying to blame the Dems for the problems. Mind you Republicans had control of the House, senate, and white house for 6+ years. But yea its the Dems keeping us down.

But its all liberal propaganda!!! and liberal media!!! [/js80]:laugh:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Apparently you can fool 29 percent of the people all of the time.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
My instincts tell me there's some Bush fanboy about to write something about how "Bush's legacy will be viewed favorably by historians once his foreign policies are viewed in hindsight, blah, blah blahdiddity blah..."

So as to pre-empt such assholery, I offer this:

The First Draft of History Looks a Bit Rough on Bush
By Kenneth T. Walsh
Posted April 11, 2008

President Bush often argues that history will vindicate him. So he can't be pleased with an informal survey of 109 professional historians conducted by the History News Network. It found that 98 percent of them believe that Bush's presidency has been a failure, while only about 2 percent see it as a success. Not only that, more than 61 percent of the historians say the current presidency is the worst in American history. In 2004, only 11.6 percent of the historians rated Bush's presidency in last place. Among the reasons given for his low ratings: invading Iraq, "tax breaks for the rich," and alienating many nations around the world. Bush supporters counter that professional historians today tend to be liberal and that it's too early to assess how his policies will turn out.

Linkage

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
dem darn libruls wit dem brains aint got noes ideas how taruna gubbermint!!!

sprok

Mar 10, 2008
This is a bit harsh. I mean, look at the amount of comedy fodder this man has provided us! They say laughter is the best medicine and by that regard, Bush is the best man for United States.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: sprok
This is a bit harsh. I mean, look at the amount of comedy fodder this man has provided us! They say laughter is the best medicine and by that regard, Bush is the best man for United States.

Just ask Stewart & Colbert! :p

I :heart: TDS & TCR!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Why just modern history?

They only started doing scientific presidential approval polling during FDR's presidency. So.. it's the only time period we have concrete data on.

At least Bush has found something he's good at! It just happens to be making everyone hate him.

In a similar vein I remember reading something about how almost 20% of people at one time thought America faked the moon landing. For some perspective... haha.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Yeah well.

I like the guy anyway. Just to piss off liberals. Nothing is quite so joyous.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Atreus21
Yeah well.

Many conservatives disapprove of him too. They do not like him destroying America. But it must be alright if it makes you joyous. :roll:

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah well.

I don't think liberals hate him as much as us true conservatives do. Bush shits on the graves of Reagan and Eisenhower. He shits on all of us actually. Oh well, out the door and in with a new asshole.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: techs
Apparently you can fool 29 percent of the people all of the time.

I think they are afraid to say they were wrong because of their self hate. It would add to the feeling it's justified which it is not. It's partly hatred of everything that made them vote for him in the first place. Rats leave a sinking ship but the egotistically brainwashed tradition bound captain goes down with it, all for no reason at all. Just more wasted life. What these poor folk need is psychotherapy and love.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah well.

IIRC that's pretty apparent in your posts. Thanks for confirming it though. :thumbsup:

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Yeah well.

In other words you think it is ok for the president to be a moron as long as it pisses off people you don't like.

Grade school mentality, much?

By the tenor of most of your posts, I'd say yes.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I feel vindicated. I have been telling people this for years (In RL)!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
The Decider is above your petty mortal concepts of "numbers," or "facts," or "reality."

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Yeah well.

Boy, it sure was worth destroying America to piss of those LIBRUHLS HYUCK HYUCK

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
God damned the Liberal Media, Liberal Academia, Liberal 70% of America, and basically anyone with any common sense trying to tarnish and destroy the legacy of our GREATEST. PRESIDENT. EVER! *Shakes fist*!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I predict his popularity will rise enormously the day he steps out of office and for no other reason than that.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
You liberals are deliberately overusing "LIBRUHALS" and the like to make it a watered down term because without mockery, there is no argument for liberal policies that provide real positive results.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Duwelon
You liberals are deliberately overusing "LIBRUHALS" and the like to make it a watered down term because without mockery, there is no argument for liberal policies that provide real positive results.

It's certainly not a pathetic attempt at trolling, and above all things is not incredibly stupid.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: eskimospy

It's certainly not a pathetic attempt at trolling, and above all things is not incredibly stupid.

It would be nice if you actually made sense for once. Do you even know what trolling a board even is?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy

It would be nice if you actually made sense for once. Do you even know what trolling a board even is?

Yes, it's when people make deliberately inflammatory comments without basis in an attempt to provoke angry responses. The two options for what you wrote were either that you are incredibly stupid, or that you are trolling. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.