• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Bush Hiding casualty lists

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
39,386
2
81
Text

They are called WIAs for wounded in action, but their numbers are not listed under casualty postings from the U.S. Central Command or the Pentagon. Reporters must specifically ask for those tallies.
So far, 1,007 U.S. military personnel have been wounded since March 19 when U.S. troops crossed the border into Iraq, said Lt. Ryan Fitzgerald from Central Command. That number compares with 467 "nonmortal wounds" in the 1991 Gulf War, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
"I know of no other war in which WIAs have not been listed among the casualties," said Robert Voyles, director of the Fort Douglas Museum. "I have no idea why this conflict would be any different."
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,940
10
81
This is different because you have for President a liar and fraud running the show, with nothing but ulterior motives for himself and his criminal private industry buddies.
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,940
10
81
There is - the only way to make himself look good is that he has to lie about things. He's proven that for the past 3 years now.

Still holding out for your lover Bush, Osorum? Well come up with a better explanation then, just don't keep us waiting long.
 

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
42,591
5
0
Depends on what the definition of casualties.

Ask Slick Willy on how definitions work.:disgust:
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,940
10
81
Funny how you bush apologists always have to revert back to clinton; how pathetic is that
 

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
13,126
1
0
Originally posted by: Orsorum
I am sure there is a rational and logical explanation for this.


For how Bush is personally responsible for this? Yes, there must be one. I'm just waiting to find out what it is.
 

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
4,683
1
81
Your point? The quote says they are available upon request. Also, as pointed out already, how do you define "wounded"? Broken finger? Cut while peeling potatoes? It's a nearly pointless stat.
 

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
2,696
0
76
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Depends on what the definition of casualties.

Ask Slick Willy on how definitions work.:disgust:
Theres a difference between lying about sex, and lying about american lives dying in a war.
Apparently you don't seem to understand that difference.
 

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
13,126
1
0
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Depends on what the definition of casualties.

Ask Slick Willy on how definitions work.:disgust:
Theres a difference between lying about sex, and lying about american lives dying in a war.
Apparently you don't seem to understand that difference.


Funny, we aren't even talking about statistics involving anyone dying.
 

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
2,696
0
76
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: Orsorum
I am sure there is a rational and logical explanation for this.

For how Bush is personally responsible for this? Yes, there must be one. I'm just waiting to find out what it is.
Theres no logical explanation for this, it's inexcusable. Why don't you find this logical explanation, tell this to the soldiers families who are dying in Iraq.

And I'm sick of all these excuses that Bush and his apologists put out. It's not George Tenet or whoever that's running the country, it's G W Bush. He is personally responsible for what his administration and his people does.
 

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
2,696
0
76
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Depends on what the definition of casualties.

Ask Slick Willy on how definitions work.:disgust:
Theres a difference between lying about sex, and lying about american lives dying in a war.
Apparently you don't seem to understand that difference.


Funny, we aren't even talking about statistics involving anyone dying.
The topic of the thread osnt talk about "slick willy" either, but you didn't comment on that.
 

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
6,249
2
0
From the same report:

Fitzgerald said WIA numbers are not publicized because the military has no way of determining the severity of the wounds. "Someone could get a couple of stitches for a cut and return to duty that same afternoon," he said. "That's why we give these numbers on a response basis to reporters. This is to help the media. Otherwise, we would have to refer them to each of the four services for the determination."
Any of the whiners know the acronym "RTD"? Obviously not.
 

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
13,126
1
0
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Depends on what the definition of casualties.

Ask Slick Willy on how definitions work.:disgust:
Theres a difference between lying about sex, and lying about american lives dying in a war.
Apparently you don't seem to understand that difference.


Funny, we aren't even talking about statistics involving anyone dying.
The topic of the thread osnt talk about "slick willy" either, but you didn't comment on that.
\



You already did. Am I supposed to comment on every single post in every thread? No. I choose what I comment on, and your post did not make sense.



He is personally responsible for what his administration and his people does.

Perhaps, but I'm still waiting to find out how bush is the one "hiding" (these freely available) lists.
 

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
2,579
0
0
Originally posted by: burnedout
From the same report:

Fitzgerald said WIA numbers are not publicized because the military has no way of determining the severity of the wounds. "Someone could get a couple of stitches for a cut and return to duty that same afternoon," he said. "That's why we give these numbers on a response basis to reporters. This is to help the media. Otherwise, we would have to refer them to each of the four services for the determination."
Any of the whiners know the acronym "RTD"? Obviously not.
Are you referring to return to duty?

Why don't the Bush apologists enlighten all the "whiners"? What does RTD stand for?

I'm sure only real men know the answer. Maybe someone should tell W.

Will someone also please explain to all of us "whiners" why people need to spout these acronyms. It reminds me of kids inventing secret passwords and handshakes. A juvenile attempt to exclude those who disagree with you or those who you consider not fit for entry in your secret society.


Problem is with acronyms there are a limited number of letters in the alphabet. The same combinations can have myriad meanings. I found a few at this link.

RTD - Reutilization/Transfer/Donation - A term used to describe the entire transfer/donation process for federal property i.e. all processed other than sales. Also indicates person(s) at a DRMO tasked with servicing the federal and state customer, ex. RTD Specialist.

DRMO -Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office - individual field office under DRMS tasked with expediting disposal of DoD owned property within a given geographical area.

And so it goes. One acronym leads to another. With some people assigning membership into some sort of ridiculous macho society for those who know the "secret passwords."

Grow up.
 

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
2,579
0
0
PS

How about the Bush administration talking straight for once and giving the number of wounded based on the same parameters as past conflicts?

Or do they have something more to hide?

 

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
10,053
0
71
CASUALTY, Definition

Why don't you ask the Soldiers that lost a foot or a hand, or an arm or leg to a bullet
or a gernade. I still see people, old men now, who were 19 - 24 year old kids when they
went to 'Nam some 30 years ago, hook for a hand, plastic for a leg, who had their dreams
of their future stolen from them by events that now have been proven false way back then.

And yet another cycle of cannon fodder begins, more stolen dreams and ruined futures
with an even more obvious falsification of intelligence, and pertubation of fact than in 'Nam.


EDIT: RTD - Returned to Duty.
Someone that I knew who had dreamed of being a Doctor, but didn't have the money for Medical School
had gone into the service to obtain the 'GI Bill' so he hopefully could make it that way.
Bullet through the right palm took off middle, ring, and little finger. He was kept in country until
that healed enough to be 'Returned to Duty', you only need an index finger to pull the trigger on a rifle,
but how do you handle a scapel of surgical tool after such a grevious injury ?
25% disabled compensation, token payment, is a far cry from the trama, physical & emotionial that he endured.

 

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
2,579
0
0
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
CASUALTY, Definition

Why don't you ask the Soldiers that lost a foot or a hand, or an arm or leg to a bullet
or a gernade. I still see people, old men now, who were 19 - 24 year old kids when they
went to 'Nam some 30 years ago, hook for a hand, plastic for a leg, who had their dreams
of their future stolen from them by events that now have been proven false way back then.

And yet another cycle of cannon fodder begins, more stolen dreams and ruined futures
with an even more obvious falsification of intelligence, and pertubation of fact than in 'Nam.


EDIT: RTD - Returned to Duty.
Someone that I knew who had dreamed of being a Doctor, but didn't have the money for Medical School
had gone into the service to obtain the 'GI Bill' so he hopefully could make it that way.
Bullet through the right palm took off middle, ring, and little finger. He was kept in country until
that healed enough to be 'Returned to Duty', you only need an index finger to pull the trigger on a rifle,
but how do you handle a scapel of surgical tool after such a grevious injury ?
25% disabled compensation, token payment, is a far cry from the trama, physical & emotionial that he endured.
What a shame, Captn. Sad story. Little wonder both Bushes made it more difficult for kids to get college loans.

Sadder still is the apparent lack of perspective those who support Bush in this madness possess.

They are ignoring history. They are certainly destined to relive it. How many of them remember Viet Nam? How many of them studied Viet Nam?

A war based on lies with no real goal and no way to win. Nam or Iraq?

Both.

 

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
2,579
0
0
CNN just showed their "In Memory" segment. Every time I see the faces of the Americans who have died in Iraq I have to think how unnecessary their loss was. And their deaths are on the heads of Bush and his administration who sent them there based on lies.

They just reported two more US troops lost their lives today in Iraq.

Send the Bush administration to Iraq. Bring our troops home.
 
Jan 12, 2003
3,498
0
0
"While other European governments have not reported the huge death toll of France, signs are emerging of significant spikes in deaths in several countries where temperatures also soared.


Bush is not alone. It is time we demand a casualty list of the innocent French civilians who died while Jack Chirac took an extended vacation to get away from the heat. This makes me sick.
 

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
19,446
0
0
Bush is not alone. It is time we demand a casualty list of the innocent French civilians who died while Jack Chirac took an extended vacation to get away from the heat. This makes me sick.
Really? You hide your feelings well...

 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
68,384
3,510
126
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Bush is not alone. It is time we demand a casualty list of the innocent French civilians who died while Jack Chirac took an extended vacation to get away from the heat. This makes me sick.
Really? You hide your feelings well...


He's found himself a cause and a string of words he can copy/paste in every thread he wants. Let the boy have his fun! ;)
 

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
9,993
1
76
Maybe That French guy lied too and told his citizens it was really cool outside and enjoy the illusion. The ones who believed him and were incapable of living under such an illusions's reality died... perhaps Chirac is at fault and should be held accountable just as the Bush guy..
 

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
15,776
392
126
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
"While other European governments have not reported the huge death toll of France, signs are emerging of significant spikes in deaths in several countries where temperatures also soared.

Bush is not alone. It is time we demand a casualty list of the innocent French civilians who died while Jack Chirac took an extended vacation to get away from the heat. This makes me sick.
No, I think it's genetic. And it's really not so much a sickness as it is a handicap.
 
Jan 12, 2003
3,498
0
0
Originally posted by: BOBDN
CNN just showed their "In Memory" segment. Every time I see the faces of the Americans who have died in Iraq I have to think how unnecessary their loss was. And their deaths are on the heads of Bush and his administration who sent them there based on lies.

They just reported two more US troops lost their lives today in Iraq.

Send the Bush administration to Iraq. Bring our troops home.

...like you care about the troops; in your words, the troops are:

Originally posted by: BOBDN


These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY