Bush Approval Measured at All-Time Low

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Narmer
I think Bush needs another 9/11 to bring his numbers up. I won't put it past this Administration to kill Americans for the sake of policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

What the hell does PNAC have to do with 9/11? Did you forget your tinfoil hat? First you place the blame on America for the actions of the terrorist on 9/11, thus giving them a free pass, now you imply that the American government was responsible or had a hand in 9/11 and is plotting future attacks against our citizens???

So much for your intellectual desire to contribute here.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: steppinthrax
What is the lowest in the entire presendency of the U.S.... This dude might be the lowest ever only because the advancement of the internet and telecommunications reaches a better sample for statistics.
The lowest scores belong to:
[*]Truman (23%)
[*]Nixon (24%)
[*]Carter (28%)
[*]Bush Jr (28%)
[*]Bush Sr (29%).

Note: those lows were recorded on a different scale than the Rasmussen scale. Thus, they aren't directly comparable to the 35% low I posted.

I don't think the internet or telephones have much impact if the poll is done properly. For Nixon onwards, at least 85% of houses had phones.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
He is in his second term.

Congress has dismal ratings.

Congress is deadlocked.

He has no real need to worry about the opinion polls.

If the Republicans can, in the public's mind, keep a seperation, then there will be no impact in that regard.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
He is in his second term. Congress has dismal ratings. Congress is deadlocked. He has no real need to worry about the opinion polls. If the Republicans can, in the public's mind, keep a seperation, then there will be no impact in that regard. .
I think you are quite short sighted if you think opinion polls only matter for a re-election campaign. Not only will a low opinion spill over to other republicans who are up for election (this is seen by the declining number of people identifying themselvs as republican), but also it will lessen the publics desire to listen to their side of the story. If they hate Bush and Bush touts policy XYZ, they are much more likely to side with democrats on policy XYZ. This can influence their opinions on those subjects for years or even decades. A very much hated president can shift American politics far from his views for long after he had left office.