Bush appoints Clinton to National Security Counsil

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder how Jr can claim the highest ethical ground in the face of appointing an admitted liar to a sensitive national security post?

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
"admitted liar "

I thought DC was full of politicians already? :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Recent pollings indicate that out of fifteen issues the American people trust the democrats more on forteen of them. In good morality, though, the republicans win. Maybe it's because they talk about it more. I wonder if Abrams asked for a position sorta as a reward for old times sake.

BreakApart

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2000

<< I wonder how Jr can claim the highest ethical ground in the face of appointing an admitted liar to a sensitive national security post? >>

Perhaps it would be better to have an ADMITTED liar making those appointments? *cough* clinton *cough*

IF the guy can't handle the job, then boot him. But these FANTASYs you people have about this appointment done to boost smuggling, that's plain pathetic. Stick to the facts...

FACTS:
-It was with-holding info, not drug, or money smuggling. (fantasy stories)
-He was pardoned after the conviction, neither you or i can change that. (Hmm, who do we know that pardoned someone BEFORE he even went to trial? Talk about pathetic)
-Bush is NOT the dolt you make him out to be. You have proof this guy wasn't the best man for the job? If you do, please mail it to the White House, with your vast knowledge they are sure to take notice.
-False Accusations, Innuendo, and the like are funny, but that's about all they are good for, laughs.

Good Luck...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< Thats right Red Dawn. Keep that Liberal Elite attitude going. You only fuel our arguments against liberals. LOL Pathetic. >>

A Good Fart is all the fuel you guys need to bash liberals, Moderates, those who have lucid thoughts, etc..

<< It's just killing you that Fox is the #1 Cable News Network >>

Hey I tune in to the NASCAR NEWS Network everyday myself. In fact today they had a whole hour taling ab out and with OJ Simpson. Now there's some topical stuff for you hehehe.They talk about Fair and Balanced News. In June they had 55 Republicans and 5 Democrat Politicians on. Now that's about as fair and balanced as the Pravda..err.. the NASACAR NEWS Network ever gets:)

I do like O'Rielly after which I try to tune in the Larry King Show. Larry Kings better than Cathlyn Whiner..err Cryer..err Sniveler..err what ever that Wench's name is.

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
BreakApart - Jr's own code requires his people to uphold the highest ethical standards and avoid even an appearance of unethical behavior. This appointment is ludicrous. There is no doubt that there were equally qualified candidates who had none of this baggage. Defending this appointment is just insane.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

<< BreakApart - Jr's own code requires his people to uphold the highest ethical standards and avoid even an appearance of unethical behavior. This appointment is ludicrous. >>

It's his own code, so therefore he can apply it as he wishes. The electorate is now aware of the appointment, and can judge this decision, along with his other decisions, in casting their ballots in the next election cycle.

Personally, i don't know much about this chap to be honest, and it would likely be better if another person was nominated, but ultimately it is President Bush's decision to nominate whomever he wishes (and likewise his burden to accept whatever political consequences may arise because of it).

BreakApart

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2000
jjm- never did i say i would have picked him.

Please, don't start spouting this holy morality bs, after wading through the pool of lies our last president left. That's just crazy to hold Jr to a different standard.

He SAID his people were to uphold the highest ethical standards and avoid even a appearance of unethical behavior, &quot;while under his leadership.&quot; <--key words

Now, defending his choices is not something i have, or care to do. If it was me i'd pick you, then i could fire you... lol... j/k.

All joking aside, keep your eye on this guy if your so paranoid, the press would love to know if you catch him in the act.

Good Luck...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
jjm, the reason I put Clinton as the appointment was to emphasize how our conservative friends would go after him had he actually been the appointment whereas Abrams naturally gets a free pass. No matter how corrupt a Republican is Clinton is worse. Quality thinking!

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Moon - I knew full well what you were doing, but no one was bright enough to figure out what really happened.

It is entertaining to see people defending Jr by comparing him to Slick. If the best you can do is compare GWB's ethics to Slick's that's really sad.