Bush Administration Moves to Make 'Space'

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Consession to the first poster

Silly me, I actually took the time to think something out and add content to the post . . .instead of just pasting a link.
(Which is what the forum rules require)

To Those Countries Who Support US Policy

Previously there have been efforts to keep 'Space' unarmed without weapons actually deployed there for quick response.
Going back to the Reagan Administration when 'Star Wars' type projects envisioned orbiting platforms with lasers
and kenetic energy weapons poised over cities and countries either as weapons for first strike to unfriendly empires
or merely defensive weapons which would be used to defend against weapons launched by those countries
hardly anything was ever developed, and space has been used mostly for surveilance by satellite or
for the use of communications or technology exploration.

This looks to be taking things to a different intensity - as in denial of access to space by any country that doesn't
actively support US policies and the benefit and prosperity of the United States.

Now tell me - how do you tell Russia or China that they do not have the right to the soverign airspace
and the region of space above their countries . . that it isn't theirs, and we intend to prevent them from space access?

Ratchet up the War Machine - Darth . . are you listening?

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
I should propose my space weapons platform idea to the Administration. It's as large as our moon and sports one very powerful laser cannon that can wipe entire countries off the map. I'm thinking of calling it the "lethal sphere" or perhaps "deadly globe." Yeah, something like that.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I should propose my space weapons platform idea to the Administration. It's as large as our moon and sports one very powerful laser cannon that can wipe entire countries off the map. I'm thinking of calling it the "lethal sphere" or perhaps "deadly globe." Yeah, something like that.

How about 'Cheney in a Drum' ?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Idiotic policy that will either never be enforced or will end up causing much turmoil in the future.

The monolithic Nation-State concept needs to accept that its' Golden Age has passed and that Multi-National organizations are the future.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Poor Bush. He had so much trouble learning the names of places of on Earth.
Now he will have to try and learn the names of all the planets that have wmd.

acemcmac

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Aren't the Chinese pointing lasers at our photo satellites in an attempt to blind them (obviously with limited success)?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Its the Republican plan to leave earth once they have finished polluting it.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Actually the Moon has already been claimed along with many other stellar bodies. Throughout history it has always been first come, first serve. And if a bully wants to come along and take what is yours, then you're SOL. What makes you think anything has changed? We are still savage beasts who act the same way we did hundreds of years ago. We think we're smarter now, but in reality we forget just about everything within a single generation. Just look at WW2. It is pretty much forgotten now. No one remembers all the lives that were lost or anything. Now we think that because 70 people died in Iraq in October that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Well if only 70 people died per month per country in WW2...

We just act like we know it all now when we really don't know jack. We just keep making the same mistakes over and over again and will continue to make those same mistakes...probably forever.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Killer satellite? Angry asteroid?

Morbid moon?