Burning an ISO file?

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
I have an ISO file I want to burn in Nero... how do I do it?
Also, it is a mandrake image... is there any way to make it bootable? will it make it bootable?

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
do I burn it noramlly in data mode? do I select "Burn image..." ? if so then what option do I select in the burn image thing that comes up?

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
easier to burn iso's in cdrwin or adaptec. dont remember about nero or if it even supports it. im prob wrong.

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
hey i tried to burn an iso from nero the other day, gimme a sec to pull up some links theres a little proggy like 100-200 k all you need is the aspi layer, which os you got? if win2k you'll need another proggy that slips in the aspi layer, I'll link that too, and i did the mandrake image with that proggy it was instantly bootable, just gimme a secto find the links

eyor

Banned
Feb 7, 2000
cool, thanks ar.
I'm usin win98. of course, hopefully I will be dual-booting in a short time. ;)

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
Ok if you're running windows 2000 if you install adaptecs aspi layer, and don't grab the latest updates and install those BEFORE restarting, you'll be in a heap of trouble the following link to ASpi LAyerwill allow you to use Fireburner Fire burner pulls iso's and bin's and cues and a few other image types. And i've done 5 different os's seamlessly, and bootable. If you use the above aspi layer thingy in win2k after adaptec and before restart you should be all set if you want to use an adaptec program. reminds me i must back up my win2k partition soon.

update
the aspi layer thing should also work with 98, and hang onto it if you think you might try win 2k, i didn't know about it, and tried installing a very old adaptec,, had to change my hard drive to a different channel, and boot from win2k recove floppys to save my install.