Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Pretty thorough review of the failure of Trump campaign to use the Ukraine/Hunter Biden story to gain traction and have any affect on the election.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
OMG Hes being harassed by Democrat cronnies! The deep state is after him! QAnon was right!

The sad thing is that this is exactly how many conservatives will see it. You can practically see the cognitive process as they do everything to avoid accepting reality (that the scandal was a fake hit piece meant to derail the election).

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Sometimes people can be wrong? Have you ever? I bet you are probably one of those who thought Hillary was the sure thing. I was very wrong about the 2018 mid terms. I won't be this time. I don't need polls to see the enthusiasm gap between Biden and Trump, and Trump voters don't answer to pollsters, so they are not being counted with any accuracy. Joe's not out on the campaign trail and we have the election a week from Tuesday. Trump is pulling huge crowds and did 3 events in one day. Biden doesn't have the energy and stamina of Trump...not even close. Joe can't fill a lunch room. Joe won't get the work done because Joe can't do it. Enough people know this and I'm not even touching on the current scandal.
So, any new thoughts or introspection a month later?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So, any new thoughts or introspection a month later?
To be fair he was not like a 100% wrong. He was 56% wrong and still 10M magas was added to the ranks... its just there was more anti magas, still.
404 landslide not found. You got shit to address before this goes on repeat.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump lost by the largest margin by an incumbent since FDR beat Hoover. That’s...really bad.
Yes. But 10M more MAGA retards came forward? Is Biden up to 80M now? Its 80M cause people rejected Trump! Not so much for Biden...
Consulting the time streams here and the projection is clear, those numbers will already be waining by 2024, Biden has encumbent advantage and Fitton may not have reached full form yet, but, by 2028 a competent Trumpian is ready to run and the Trump-rejection-crowd is fast asleep again.... Meanwhile the magas have been waiting for their savior reborn.

What I am saying is you have to stomp out Fox news... something like that. Its poison.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Yes. But 10M more MAGA retards came forward? Is Biden up to 80M now? Its 80M cause people rejected Trump! Not so much for Biden...
Consulting the time streams here and the projection is clear, those numbers will already be waining by 2024, Biden has encumbent advantage and Fitton may not have reached full form yet, but, by 2028 a competent Trumpian is ready to run and the Trump-rejection-crowd is fast asleep again.... Meanwhile the magas have been waiting for their savior reborn.

What I am saying is you have to stomp out Fox news... something like that. Its poison.

Agreed; But...How?

Groucho-Marx.jpg

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Agreed; But...How?

Groucho-Marx.jpg
I dont know how effective that fairness doctrine would be? But if that would do it, great! Otherwise step it up into the ugly, I know that is not ideal, but... alternative is bye bye experiment and hello Trumpian mafia state.
Fox has rolled with Russian disinformation more than once in context of elections right? How is that not treason? How is Hannity not committing treason?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Trump lost by the largest margin by an incumbent since FDR beat Hoover. That’s...really bad.

Honestly seems like a mixed-picture, to me. The one thing Trump did achieve was to reverse the historical decline in turn-out. Safe to say that people had strong views about him. But while Biden got the most votes ever, Trump got the second-most. Seems safe to say the country is polarised. And the Dems "electoral fraud" was strangely incompetent as they probably haven't got the Senate. In sane times the backlash against someone as inept as Trump, in the middle of a public-health disaster, would have been overwhelming.

That, according to one survey I heard reported today, 80% of Republicans think the election was fraudulent is another worrying sign. I guess part of the motivation for that is to not have to feel embarrassed by previous beliefs like compuwiz's. If you convince yourself it was won fraudulently then you don't have to deal with the realisation that your previous confidence was entirely misplaced.

Reactions: ondma and cytg111

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Why would you need a pardon if you're not guilty? Wasn't he steamrolled by the FBI? Lol...