Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
It’s your hypothesis and judging from your posts you are cherry picking facts to fit your hypothesis instead of developing your hypothesis to fit the facts.

Happens to a lot of people. They get emotionally attached to their position and won’t accept facts that might force a change of perspective.
heh i just really dont know why people do things, sure i can guess and make up things but to be truthful no one knows except the person doing them. (even why they said they do the things can not be trusted as it may not be the real reason.)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
heh i just really dont know why people do things, sure i can guess and make up things but to be truthful no one knows except the person doing them. (even why they said they do the things can not be trusted as it may not be the real reason.)
But if you don’t know why they are doing them then you can’t know they are corrupt.

Feb 4, 2009
47 years of Biden corruption, but who's counting?

Instead of hearsay or just say’in. How about you point out on the fucking DECADES of tax info Biden released where this corruption is.

You've been silent on over 5 years of Trump and Trump family corruption. You've lost you right to bitch about anyone else. I predicted this kind of behavior from people like you a long time ago, that's why I started this...

Agreed, I am not putting up with this bullshit anymore.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I think a lot of voters are still reeling from the summer protests/riots, perpetual lockdowns and now faced with the prospect of corruption among the challenger. This is why pollsters like Trafalgar continue to promote the idea of underrepresented Trump voters. While their polling is clearly biased...I've always lived by the mantra that the truth usually lies in the middle, ie a lot of the Biden polling is probably too optimistic.

Couple that with Republicans HEAVILY out-registering Dems in many battleground states, and you can see a pretty easy path to re-election. I think Trump takes FL, NC, PA, OH and surprises with one of MI or MN. Leaving everyone scratching their heads again. I say this as someone voting for neither and still debating whether to vote at all (non swing state), but still a fascinating time in politics and overall human interaction.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I think a lot of voters are still reeling from the summer protests/riots, perpetual lockdowns and now faced with the prospect of corruption among the challenger. This is why pollsters like Trafalgar continue to promote the idea of underrepresented Trump voters. While their polling is clearly biased...I've always lived by the mantra that the truth usually lies in the middle, ie a lot of the Biden polling is probably too optimistic.

Couple that with Republicans HEAVILY out-registering Dems in many battleground states, and you can see a pretty easy path to re-election. I think Trump takes FL, NC, PA, OH and surprises with one of MI or MN. Leaving everyone scratching their heads again. I say this as someone voting for neither and still debating whether to vote at all (non swing state), but still a fascinating time in politics and overall human interaction.
Is it possible?, yes, easy?, no, Trump's lost almost all the female suburban voters he banked in 2016.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

What data is this based on?

By the way if you really think this as a dispassionate observer you can bet and make a lot of money as betting markets have Biden at around 2:1. Free money. Make a bet and post your results!

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Is it possible?, yes, easy?, no, Trump's lost almost all the female suburban voters he banked in 2016.

Where do you come up with that? I have many female suburban friends, both on social media and off. They are on the Trump train, as strong as ever. Also, have you been paying attention to the increase in black and Hispanic support? Those have sharply increased and you have some influential figures, like BET founder Robert Johnson, Herschel Walker, 50cent, Leo Terrell, plus many many others who have recently become supporters. Many of those were anti Trump before. Sure, I agree he's also lost some people. We'll have all the real stats after the votes are tallied. I'm one who doesn't believe the polls and after two elections, if Trump wins again, the pollsters might wanna consider new careers. ;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Where do you come up with that? I have many female suburban friends, both on social media and off. They are on the Trump train, as strong as ever. Also, have you been paying attention to the increase in black and Hispanic support? Those have sharply increased and you have some influential figures, like BET founder Robert Johnson, Herschel Walker, 50cent, Leo Terrell, plus many many others who have recently become supporters. Many of those were anti Trump before. Sure, I agree he's also lost some people. We'll have all the real stats after the votes are tallied. I'm one who doesn't believe the polls and after two elections, if Trump wins again, the pollsters might wanna consider new careers. ;)
Again, you made an identical argument in 2018 and it was laughably wrong - Republicans lost in one of the largest landslides of the last 40 years.

Can you explain why you’re making the same prediction? Is there some new information you’re incorporating?

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Again, you made an identical argument in 2018 and it was laughably wrong - Republicans lost in one of the largest landslides of the last 40 years.

Can you explain why you’re making the same prediction? Is there some new information you’re incorporating?
Give the guy a break, he can't see past the "crap" because of where his head is at. I would throw him a big yellow rope, but I think it's been there for so long, that the rope wouldn't help.

Reactions: Meghan54

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

Unconventional president, same thing that happened in 2016, polls just don't seem to capture true sentiment towards him for some reason. Plus general 2020 shenanigans.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Give the guy a break, he can't see past the "crap" because of where his head is at. I would throw him a big yellow rope, but I think it's been there for so long, that the rope wouldn't help.
He’s basically the same as most other people - emotionally, he wants Republicans to win so he invents reasons in his head as to why that will happen. When they don’t, he forgets he ever did it. When they do, he says he is validated.

I think everyone does this to some extent but the level of delusion here is pretty big.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unconventional president, same thing that happened in 2016, polls just don't seem to capture true sentiment towards him for some reason. Plus general 2020 shenanigans.
So why did people make this exact same argument in 2018 and turn out to be wrong?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

"My anecdotal observations are just as good as your extensive polling data from multiple outlets."

You live in a conservative bubble where Trump is a god and any support from the black community is considered an achievement. I wouldn't put much stock in that.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
So why did people make this exact same argument in 2018 and turn out to be wrong?

Sometimes people can be wrong? Have you ever? I bet you are probably one of those who thought Hillary was the sure thing. I was very wrong about the 2018 mid terms. I won't be this time. I don't need polls to see the enthusiasm gap between Biden and Trump, and Trump voters don't answer to pollsters, so they are not being counted with any accuracy. Joe's not out on the campaign trail and we have the election a week from Tuesday. Trump is pulling huge crowds and did 3 events in one day. Biden doesn't have the energy and stamina of Trump...not even close. Joe can't fill a lunch room. Joe won't get the work done because Joe can't do it. Enough people know this and I'm not even touching on the current scandal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Sometimes people can be wrong? Have you ever? I bet you are probably one of those who thought Hillary was the sure thing. I was very wrong about the 2018 mid terms. I won't be this time. I don't need polls to see the enthusiasm gap between Biden and Trump, and Trump voters don't answer to pollsters, so they are not being counted with any accuracy. Joe's not out on the campaign trail and we have the election a week from Tuesday. Trump is pulling huge crowds and did 3 events in one day. Biden doesn't have the energy and stamina of Trump...not even close. Joe can't fill a lunch room. Joe won't get the work done because Joe can't do it. Enough people know this and I'm not even touching on the current scandal.

Trump has the energy & stamina to create a lot of superspreader events all over the Country, huh? Trumpsters don't care. They're all convinced it's a hoax, right? They must be, the way they act. Seniors gotta love it, I'm tellin' ya. Trump is leading them to the Promised Land. Trump train be bound for Glory!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Everyone you talk to in the mirror believes the same things that you do. Everything not spoken of as fact in the mirrors must be false. Simple logic.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Lots of polls showing Trump losing suburban women, https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-trump-is-losing-white-suburban-women/ but he might make it up with a bit better support among blacks, who knows TBO. Oh, Joe isn't planning huge, unprotected super-spreader rallies like Trump is, maybe a reason he's trailing in most polls, he acts like
Covid is a "fake", we all know it's not.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
And we might want to consider leaving the country.