Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

LOL

I'm cracking up over the sheer stupidity of this

In a statement to reporters Thursday, Anthony Bobulinski said that in 2017 Hunter Biden consulted his father about a planned venture with Chinese oil company CEFC China Energy Co. to invest in the U.S. and elsewhere. Mr. Bobulinski was also a partner.

The venture—set up in 2017 after Mr. Biden left the vice presidency and before his presidential campaign—never received proposed funds from the Chinese company or completed any deals, according to people familiar with the matter. Corporate records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden.

“Joe Biden has never even considered being involved in business with his family, nor in any overseas business whatsoever. He has never held stock in any such business arrangements nor has any family member or any other person ever held stock for him,” said Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates in a statement.

Reactions: dank69

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
So lets play the game that this actually happened.

A son asks his dad, who works at a university after retiring from public service a few year back, about something going on at work.
The dad and son have a well publicized history of not mixing family and work.
The Dad says..."something?"

The dad never hears about it again. Receives nothing.

And.....scene

Reactions: skyking

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm a bit amazed how much traction this fantasy has here. The general public could care less. From (barely glancing) at this thread it seems to me both sides are applying strict standards of ethics against Biden, while Trump has publicly flouted adhering to even minimalist ethical standards and made many millions off his government office while on active duty, and his supporters applaud him for a sharp business sense.

Both my wife and I are political junkies and last night during the debate every time when Trump would said "what about ***" the reaction was inevitably WTF is he talking about? I'm guessing that unless you spend hours dwelling the depths of Bierbart and other conspiracy sites this stuff has no meaning.

Donnie is never going to bet Biden in an anti-corruption argument, but I guess it's the last card in his hand. I think months and years from now, when and if the truth actually comes out, it will be learned that the notebook contents consist of various innocent texts and emails stolen by Russian hackers liberally salted with made up incriminating phony ones.

Reactions: dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
It's not a game I can win. The mainstream media is corrupt. The "credibility" claim has no name behind it. The article merely states they turned it over to the FBI. Except I'm not sure why if something is BS you alert the fbi?

This corrupt media controlled by a specific political power is an awful thing. It reeks of communism. Keep cheering and being an ignorant shit. One day they are going to come after the things you hold dear. Right now it's okay because you support their point of view.
Then why ask for a link if you are just going to dismiss it as fake? Just be honest with yourself, because you are the only one you are fooling. It's okay to admit you will hate liberals/Democrats/progressives regardless of any evidence.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I'm a bit amazed how much traction this fantasy has here. The general public could care less. From (barely glancing) at this thread it seems to me both sides are applying strict standards of ethics against Biden, while Trump has publicly flouted adhering to even minimalist ethical standards and made many millions off his government office while on active duty, and his supporters applaud him for a sharp business sense.

Both my wife and I are political junkies and last night during the debate every time when Trump would said "what about ***" the reaction was inevitably WTF is he talking about? I'm guessing that unless you spend hours dwelling the depths of Bierbart and other conspiracy sites this stuff has no meaning.

Donnie is never going to bet Biden in an anti-corruption argument, but I guess it's the last card in his hand. I think months and years from now, when and if the truth actually comes out, it will be learned that the notebook contents consist of various innocent texts and emails stolen by Russian hackers liberally salted with made up incriminating phony ones.

How much less?

Reactions: purbeast0

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Report on Biden activities

Someone did a lot of work.Wow! Baldering clearly states he's no fan of Trump, didn't vote for him in 2016 and will not in 2020. Trump's policies do not align with his.
you gotta be shitting me

iu

Reactions: Meghan54

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I've said it earlier in this thread. The general public DOES NOT CARE about this.

1) You have 4 years of the most dishonest president in history floating it
2) The ghoulish corpse of Rudy Guiliani who also has zero credibility any more trying to spread it
3) Biden isn't Hillary
4) The public moved away from anything Ukraine related once the senate flushed the impeachment away in January
5) They never really cared about Ukraine in the first place
6) 300,000+ Americans have died over the last 10 months from a global pandemic
7) Our citizens are scared
8) Our citizens are exhausted of the last 4 years of chaos
9) A shady laptop showing up in some random place in Delaware is sketch as fuck
10) Why do I even have to go this far. This is a tactic that isn't working and it's all the right wing circle jerk can collectively squeeze out this late in the game in support of their lame duck candidate.

Last edited:

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018

Trump doesnt really have to "beat" Biden in the anti corruption argument. Biden is running as the "good guy, anti Trump", doesn't lie, you can trust me, etc,. The Biden backers on this forum can dismiss it, but fair or not, I think these allegations do harm Biden. Trump and the conservative media will pound this relentlessly until the election. They dont have to convince the Biden supporters it is true (obviously they wont), but they only have to convince a few percent of the undecided voters to drastically shift the election. The only way it doesn't hurt Biden is if it can be proven that the laptop was planted deliberately. I said several months ago in another thread that Hunter/Barisma would come back bit Biden in the ass. Hate to say I told you so, but "I told you so".

BTW, if anyone thinks I am a closet Trump supporter, I mailed in my ballot with a vote for Biden several weeks ago.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Trump doesnt really have to "beat" Biden in the anti corruption argument. Biden is running as the "good guy, anti Trump", doesn't lie, you can trust me, etc,. The Biden backers on this forum can dismiss it, but fair or not, I think these allegations do harm Biden. Trump and the conservative media will pound this relentlessly until the election. They dont have to convince the Biden supporters it is true (obviously they wont), but they only have to convince a few percent of the undecided voters to drastically shift the election. The only way it doesn't hurt Biden is if it can be proven that the laptop was planted deliberately. I said several months ago in another thread that Hunter/Barisma would come back bit Biden in the ass. Hate to say I told you so, but "I told you so".

BTW, if anyone thinks I am a closet Trump supporter, I mailed in my ballot with a vote for Biden several weeks ago.

Bullshit. The burden of proof falls on the accuser. It doesn't even pass the sniff test. Nobody is voting for Hunter, either, not anymore than they voted for Billy Carter or Neil Bush.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Lol no!

If this was 2016 you might have a point but after some 20,000 lies later and a Fox sinking ship, no one believes anything they say who wasn’t already going to vote for trump.

This is a non story and the election is already over for trump.

Reactions: hal2kilo

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This Bobulinski character must have balls of steel. You don't make statements to the FBI, unless you're either a good liar, and can squirm past their perjury traps, or your information is ironclad in truth. He now has a date with the FBI to turn in his evidence and 3 cell phones that span the period. If there is truly nothing to see here, why hasn't this gentleman been brought into prior, supposed investigations. There may very well be the possibility that Joe Biden was involved in pay to play. If Joe is in office, America is for sale.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
This Bobulinski character must have balls of steel. You don't make statements to the FBI, unless you're either a good liar, and can squirm past their perjury traps, or your information is ironclad in truth.

This is complete bullshit. A former employer of mine tried to mess with the FBI and he did time in Dublin federal penitentiary for the efforts.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This is complete bullshit. A former employer of mine tried to mess with the FBI and he did time in Dublin federal penitentiary for the efforts.

That's my point - I don't think this guy is messing around and he wouldn't be going to the FBI if he didn't legitimately think he's got the goods on Biden. He must have something of substance.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wut? links?

what, you want evidence? :D

lol, this shit has been public knowledge since at least 2015. Everyone has done the work already, and we informed you long ago about it, and you obviously continued to ignore it.

Why should I assume that you will suddenly care now? Are you willing to do the actual work to inform yourself, you know, like a responsible adult voter would do?

You know Trump was deposed over this and is official court record, under oath. You know this, don't you?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's my point - I don't think this guy is messing around and he wouldn't be going to the FBI if he didn't legitimately think he's got the goods on Biden. He must have something of substance.

are you stupid, is that your problem?

This guy watched Flynn do the same lie dance to the FBI, get punished, then acquitted by the GOP, and very likely pardoned by Trump at the last minute. How does your supposedly functioning brain not understand that this is exactly what this guy is doing--fishing for the Trump pardon just to help his cult leader?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

There are a multitude of ways in which the FBI might be interested in what he would have to say about something. The idea that someone associated with a possible business venture in China with Hunter that never came to fruition talked to the FBI = Joe Biden is a corrupt pay for play politician is silly. If the FBI comes to such a conclusion, so be it.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
There are a multitude of ways in which the FBI might be interested in what he would have to say about something. The idea that someone associated with a possible business venture in China with Hunter that never came to fruition talked to the FBI = Joe Biden is a corrupt pay for play politician is silly. If the FBI comes to such a conclusion, so be it.

compuwiz is intellectually and morally bankrupt. these people are mentally corrupted.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Fox will not let this go, so......

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Are you Trumpers surprised the media isn't buying into your bullshit? You have this problem. Hint: @OILFIELDTRASH is the android. Trump is Harry Mudd