Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I wonder how difficult do you find it when you must descend and interact with the Untouchables? It's interesting that you chose a hierarchy system of discrimination to categorize and label people you don't like.

His tone aside, our beef isn't that you're conservative by itself. It's that you support a leader who's easily proven to be dishonest, corrupt, and xenophobic (with some classic sexism thrown in) on levels that make even shadier politicians of past decades seem saint-like. You may not always practice those values yourself, but you clearly don't consider them to be dealbreakers.

For that matter, if we asked you to outline significant flaws in Trump's behavior or policies, could you do it honestly? I doubt it. Last time we asked a Trump diehard that question, the only real complaint was that Trump wasn't implementing his 'perfect' policies quickly enough. There's no sense that you ever self-analyze or independently form political views.

In a sense, the "deplorable" part isn't so much the ideology (though it is problematic) as that there's no sense there's a self-aware, empathetic human being beneath the surface. Like you're a hollow shell someone else filled up.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
A 'deplorable' is someone who believes there should be 2 sets of laws in this country, one for them and one for everyone else. Someone who celebrates 'law and order' every time law enforcement guns down an unarmed 'thug,' but considers it an injustice when armed 'patriots' are arrested for conspiring to kidnap a governor and overthrow a state govt. Or an evangelical who believes their religious freedom requires that govt force their religion on everyone else. Or the free speech warrior who believes that any speech he disagrees with should be outlawed, or who wants to use the govt to force private businesses to publish his speech. Or anyone who claims to be a small govt 'libertarian' but supports any of the above. Or the people who disingenuously call the Democrats the party of slavery while at the same time flying the Confederate flag because it's their 'heritage.' Or anyone who claims to be a 'strict constititionalist' but hates birthright citizenship and equal protection of the laws.
Because all of that shit is, in fact, deplorable.

The good news though, deplorables, is that liberals aren't going to make it a crime to be deplorable. They're just not going to let you keep shitting on our country's values of liberty and justice FOR ALL (and not just for you).

Reactions: Meghan54

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You realize you are very likely protecting a child molester in the name of the democratic party? You are one depraved sick bastard. I bet you look like a fucking troll that a woman wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.
Watch out, a woman might attack you with that 10 foot pole, flattening you, you pile of trash!

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Watch out, a woman might attack you with that 10 foot pole, flattening you, you pile of trash!

Word on the street is that oilfield doesn't like women with big poles, he likes small underaged boys with small poles. He is a sick fuck projecting his own crimes against Democrats.

Reactions: nickqt

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
so you ahve no problem the son of the VP of the US selling face time with dear ole dad and getting paid millions for it and dear ole dad getting a sizable cut of that? good to hear your ethics bar is set so low
That's nothing but a fairy tale, complete fabrication and bullshit. Even the Republicans admit there's nothing there. Trump today called Biden a criminal, which is hilarious considering his own personal litany of legal transgressions. But we know this about Trump... all the things he's guilty of he attributes to his enemies. It's called projection. You are called a gullible idiot, and with complete accuracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54 and nickqt

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I wonder how difficult do you find it when you must descend and interact with the Untouchables? It's interesting that you chose a hierarchy system of discrimination to categorize and label people you don't like.
You missed my point entirely.

Here, the Deplorables CHOOSE to descend to the lowest level of humanity of their own free will, so easily bamboozeled into doing so by the facist Republican authoritarians who play them like a drum.

Here's what I said, you Dimwit:

Here, the Dimwits, or as they are known here, the Deplorables, are drawn to and frolic in the garbage of racism and xenophobia freely without any coercion.

Trump and his Clown College Cabal figured out that if they just give the Dimwits a shiny red MAGA hat and some other group to hate and blame for their own sorry lot in life, they'll haul their garbage for free.

What a country!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Word on the street is that oilfield doesn't like women with big poles, he likes small underaged boys with small poles. He is a sick fuck projecting his own crimes against Democrats.
I haven't paid enough attention to him to have an idea who he is, just know I've read a lot of posts from him to realize he's very screwed up. In general I try to ignore people like that. He's likely a good candidate for my ignore list, which used to not exist but has ballooned this year. Brandonbull is already so assigned.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
was just watching fox noise, now they're claiming the have hunter's signature on a work order. it's pretty obvious fake as why not produce it with the emails? when the the email failed to gain traction the work order conveniently appears. it's just too pat.

ratcliff is such a partition fool, he claims it is not a russian psy-ops as he would know, as he if would admit it and risk his job.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyking

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
seems like the democrats, social medias and you are are possibly protecting one as well. shame on you.
I don't know why you are complaining? You and the rest of the Republican party are already on the pedo train. Your candidate just didn't win thanks to Democrats especially black women. Don't you and Trump have 15 year old girls to hit on?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
One other thing I find amusing/sad in this thread is that if say the pedo allegation had been levelled against a Republican, peoples' views would have gone something along the following lines:

<Rumour of CP on guy's computer> Meh, possibly, if true then yadda yadda yadda
<One or more accusers of sexual crimes against Republican> If true then yadda yadda yadda, there have been accusations against him before, this is certainly plausible
Republican fans: I can't believe you're convicting him in the court of public opinion!!!111 So unfair!

This thread however:
<Rumour of CP on guy's computer>
Republican fans: He's guilty and you're all guilty of defending a pedo.

Reactions: Meghan54

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
One other thing I find amusing/sad in this thread is that if say the pedo allegation had been levelled against a Republican, peoples' views would have gone something along the following lines:

<Rumour of CP on guy's computer> Meh, possibly, if true then yadda yadda yadda
<One or more accusers of sexual crimes against Republican> If true then yadda yadda yadda, there have been accusations against him before, this is certainly plausible
Republican fans: I can't believe you're convicting him in the court of public opinion!!!111 So unfair!

This thread however:
<Rumour of CP on guy's computer>
Republican fans: He's guilty and you're all guilty of defending a pedo.
Meanwhile they supported an ACTUAL pedo in the Ala Senate race named Roy Moore. Republicans love to talk out of both sides of their asses. Republicans supported him and Democrats kept him out of office so who are the real pedos??

Reactions: brycejones

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
His tone aside, our beef isn't that you're conservative by itself. It's that you support a leader who's easily proven to be dishonest, corrupt, and xenophobic (with some classic sexism thrown in) on levels that make even shadier politicians of past decades seem saint-like. You may not always practice those values yourself, but you clearly don't consider them to be dealbreakers.

For that matter, if we asked you to outline significant flaws in Trump's behavior or policies, could you do it honestly? I doubt it. Last time we asked a Trump diehard that question, the only real complaint was that Trump wasn't implementing his 'perfect' policies quickly enough. There's no sense that you ever self-analyze or independently form political views.

In a sense, the "deplorable" part isn't so much the ideology (though it is problematic) as that there's no sense there's a self-aware, empathetic human being beneath the surface. Like you're a hollow shell someone else filled up.

I will let him correctly me if I am wrong, but I don't think he sees those faults or that your reply will lead him to do so. It may be he sees some version of those faults, but I very much doubt the vast majority of Trump supporters have made the Faustian bargain you suggest. Instead, I think that whatever he perceives in Trump, he perceives worse in the alternative.

My hope is that the perceptions of Trump and of the alternative are each distorted enough that a more accurate picture would lead to a conclusion that it would be safe if Trump and the Republican party lost all its power.

Let me ask you, do you think it would be safe for your own psyche if Trump won and Republicans retained the Senate? You may think you do not have to answer this because you perceive Trump and Democrats more accurately, and in fact things are very dangerous right now. To that I believe your perceptions are sufficiently free from distortion, but I think in order to help America survive, if that is your goal, you will have to find a way to make peace with the likelihood you will fall miserably to avoid what you fear. Truth will not save you. As Barr says, history is written by the winners. I think it's likely enough my grandchildren will grow up believing things will have happened exactly as @brandonbull professes. And if that is what happens, his truth will be more true than yours.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Unfortunately there's probably more to this story than Democrats would be comfortable admitting. The national security angle is one that Trump will look to exploit. The damage to swing states may already be done, as Biden's lead in PA is shrinking and he is tied in many others. Voters have a short attention span and something like this, even if suspect, can drag out and be a difference maker.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unfortunately there's probably more to this story than Democrats would be comfortable admitting. The national security angle is one that Trump will look to exploit. The damage to swing states may already be done, as Biden's lead in PA is shrinking and he is tied in many others. Voters have a short attention span and something like this, even if suspect, can drag out and be a difference maker.
Biden’s chances of winning PA are exactly the same today as they were before this (likely fake) story broke, according to 538.

He is also not tied in many other swing states. The states he is now considered tied in are ones that would be considered red in previous election cycles.

Reactions: feralkid

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You mean like Comey’s shenanigans in the 2016 election? The difference is that no one assigns any credibility to the accusers this time around. The accusers are known liars, known criminals, and known traitors.

Reactions: feralkid

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Let me ask you, do you think it would be safe for your own psyche if Trump won and Republicans retained the Senate? You may think you do not have to answer this because you perceive Trump and Democrats more accurately, and in fact things are very dangerous right now. To that I believe your perceptions are sufficiently free from distortion, but I think in order to help America survive, if that is your goal, you will have to find a way to make peace with the likelihood you will fall miserably to avoid what you fear. Truth will not save you. As Barr says, history is written by the winners. I think it's likely enough my grandchildren will grow up believing things will have happened exactly as brandonbull professes. And if that is what happens, his truth will be more true than yours.

I don't think it would help me much. I still remember learning of Trump's 2016 win and getting an a long-lasting headache knowing what his administration would likely bring (I'd even considered the possibility that Trump would completely mismanage a crisis, which he has).

I'm at least somewhat prepared for the worst-case scenario where Trump wins and embarks on a vengeance tour. Truth won't save us, but we have to fight for it at every turn and be ready to make it important again the moment Trump is out of office and functional democracy (hopefully) returns to the US.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Biden’s chances of winning PA are exactly the same today as they were before this (likely fake) story broke, according to 538.

He is also not tied in many other swing states. The states he is now considered tied in are ones that would be considered red in previous election cycles.

I think FL, OH, NC go to Trump. PA is a coin flip. I think Biden takes back MI, WI, keeps MN. I'd have to look at an electoral map, but that probmakes PA and/or AZ the tipping states, assuming no crazy surprises? And PA is ripe for all sorts of legal shenanigans or simply an outright GOP legislature voting for Trump regardless.

And you're right, that's why stories like this (or Comey, her emails, etc) matter.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think FL, OH, NC go to Trump. PA is a coin flip. I think Biden takes back MI, WI, keeps MN. I'd have to look at an electoral map, but that probmakes PA and/or AZ the tipping states, assuming no crazy surprises? And PA is ripe for all sorts of legal shenanigans or simply an outright GOP legislature voting for Trump regardless.

And you're right, that's why stories like this (or Comey, her emails, etc) matter.
538 gives Biden a roughly 90% chance of winning PA and he has over a six point lead. What part of their analysis is wrong that makes it a coin flip instead? Also, if Trump had a 6 point lead in PA would you consider it a coin flip?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
538 gives Biden a roughly 90% chance of winning PA and he has over a six point lead. What part of their analysis is wrong that makes it a coin flip instead? Also, if Trump had a 6 point lead in PA would you consider it a coin flip?
One thing in PAs favor courts forced Republicans to redraw the district lines after unfairly gerrymandering them after 2010 census. It changed things in 2018 and will likely help in 2020

Reactions: dawp
May 13, 2009
I don't believe the "polls" any longer. Trump gets stadiums full of supporters and people filling the streets outside wherever he goes. Biden couldn't fill up a small venue with supporters. I predict it will be an easy victory for Trump.

Hindsight_2020

Oct 20, 2020
Soooo, why didn't Trump 'lock him up'?

Also, why isn't Hillary and Obama in prison?

Lots of crimes being committed, yet the Only One Who Can Fix All Of This, hasn't.

Sounds like an ineffective and severely under skilled President can't do jack shit, other than smear shit and hope that will get him by.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
I don't believe the "polls" any longer. Trump gets stadiums full of supporters and people filling the streets outside wherever he goes. Biden couldn't fill up a small venue with supporters. I predict it will be an easy victory for Trump.

It will be close either way.

I predict PA will be the difference maker.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If that's the case and you think Trump will not only win but do so easily you can make a great deal of money by betting on that outcome. Currently Predictit has $1 Trump victory contracts at $0.40, meaning if Trump wins you're getting a 150% return on your investment!

I'm not kidding, if the outcome is as sure as you think you should cash in. Will you be doing this? I bet the answer's no because this sort of performative flailing is what people do to make themselves feel better emotionally, not what they actually think.

Reactions: dawp